Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 01:20 PM

532 posts, read 782,581 times

Advertisements

the thing you can apply lottery for this year and get called next year
i got called for an apartment that i applied in june 2016 and really forgot about it lol
it's gonna be hard for me to get selected since i would never have any CB
i got lottery with 200 logs to 90xxx
doesn't help that my income is always 10k to 30k higher than the apartment i'm looking for.
they need more housing for middle income people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 01:41 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,923,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WANTNYCAPART View Post
the thing you can apply lottery for this year and get called next year
i got called for an apartment that i applied in june 2016 and really forgot about it lol
it's gonna be hard for me to get selected since i would never have any CB
i got lottery with 200 logs to 90xxx
doesn't help that my income is always 10k to 30k higher than the apartment i'm looking for.
they need more housing for middle income people.
Good luck. That's what happened to me with the Hunters Point South Living lottery. I was called literally a year and a few months later!

Old 08-29-2017, 04:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,568 times
i have the lowest log of 580 i would like to know if thats a good thing or not? ... im fairly new to this been applying since last year for this

Old 08-30-2017, 10:25 AM

532 posts, read 782,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anne18 View Post
i have the lowest log of 580 i would like to know if thats a good thing or not? ... im fairly new to this been applying since last year for this
lower logs doesn't mean you'd get selected
best to have CB some kind.

I live in brooklyn community board 14 which 99% of time doesn't have any new project for me so my chances for these lotteries are super slim

Old 12-18-2018, 09:27 AM

9 posts, read 8,922 times
I applied for a affordable housing which is based on my commitment board and Fulton NYCHA has first priority and I am a tenant in that NYCHA. My log number is 60,000, I was informed the tenants who lives on Fulton will be the first one to get selected and if approve, get interviewed. I haven't received an email nor phone call and I was told 6 people are ready to move in. Who should I contact to make sure my application is been reviewed because I have an 80% chance (minus the disability/mobility) preference to be chosen?

Old 12-18-2018, 09:50 AM

4,724 posts, read 6,402,349 times
You have a pretty high log number though, 60,000. Even though you are in a preference group, you have to wait for others with lower numbers to be processed.

Old 12-30-2018, 03:29 PM

75 posts, read 111,379 times
@macnyc2003 im got selected and cb preference what happened after interview

Old 12-30-2018, 06:48 PM

4,724 posts, read 6,402,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysoberalski91 View Post
@macnyc2003 im got selected and cb preference what happened after interview
I already answered this question on one of your other posts. Honestly, you don't need to keep posting the same thing again and again and again.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:05 PM

236 posts, read 443,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kily View Post
I applied for a affordable housing which is based on my commitment board and Fulton NYCHA has first priority and I am a tenant in that NYCHA. My log number is 60,000, I was informed the tenants who lives on Fulton will be the first one to get selected and if approve, get interviewed. I haven't received an email nor phone call and I was told 6 people are ready to move in. Who should I contact to make sure my application is been reviewed because I have an 80% chance (minus the disability/mobility) preference to be chosen?
I am from Fulton and i still have family that lives there and they told me they are still goin in order of log #. So even with preference the lower numbers get picked first.

Old 12-31-2018, 01:30 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,923,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melle7790 View Post
I am from Fulton and i still have family that lives there and they told me they are still goin in order of log #. So even with preference the lower numbers get picked first.
And when they've reached their quota of "preference" then they move on to the regular applicants. Preference doesn't necessarily mean you'll get the apartment. So for instance, if you are log number 1000, and only 25% of the units are to be given to preference, once they've reached the 25% - lets say someone with a log number of 500, then they move on to the regular applicants as their quota for preference has already been met. Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery