Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 12:02 AM

1,369 posts, read 1,249,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
We have had the same fool for almost 18 years. He delivers, for all intents and purposes, 3 days a week -- like as in fully crams the boxes. The others? A few pieces of junk mail. He consistently delivers to the wrong addresses. Our postmaster told us he has "connections" and he cannot get rid of him ( we're friends with the postmaster's brother-in-law) . Trust me, complaints only get you grief.
I Agree 100% it doesn't help to complain. 5% of people might get results, but that depends on where you live,
and who you know the other 95% will get grief..😒..believe me I went to hell...😈...and back. When I complained.
I had to take action in a different way. And still that same mailman is in rout...📬.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 07:31 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,199,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
That's what I was told by someone who works at one of the branches - as a reason why things are not going well. So many packages simply vanished.
Hmm food for thought...as someone who works in government and is union represented I could see that being drummed up to badmouth the non-union temp workers. It happens a lot in government these days...

I found this online for what it's worth

Casual Post Office Employment

Old 07-29-2015, 07:36 AM

50,153 posts, read 46,811,218 times
The guy we used to have would have a beer about every other stop at the beach. By the time he got to us he was pretty liquored up and P**d off.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:03 AM

2,691 posts, read 4,320,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I just realized why you were getting a surprisingly number of mean comments. It's because my impression is that most of this forum is male. So they consider it as an opportunity for jokes or sexual innuendo. Apart from possibly some essential insensitivity, they're really clueless about how intrusive this feels, and how vulnerable this would make a woman feel.

Great links, Bugsy - thank you.
Very good observation. I really was thinking "what the fu**?" With all of these obnoxious comments. I would be uncomfortable too if I overheard someone that has access to so much personal and sensitive stuff (medical related information, credit related information, bills, work related information, even some medications) making such comments about me. The OP isn't overreacting. Women are vulnerable and it's not unheard of that sexual comments, even jokes, can escalate into something far worse. Not saying that's what's going to happen but women are more on guard and have good reason to be that way.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:55 AM

1,369 posts, read 1,249,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The guy we used to have would have a beer about every other stop at the beach. By the time he got to us he was pretty liquored up and P**d off.
What a shame, that's a big mess...📬.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:34 AM

25,368 posts, read 36,956,293 times
I have a friend in The Howard in Rego Park, Queens (66th Road near QB) and she certainly has "thousands of people on her block" and the blocks nearby.

Old 08-04-2015, 05:37 PM

15,534 posts, read 15,551,422 times
Jjaazz, I hope you're still checking this thread?

I ran across something that might be useful. Try calling the office of the Inspector General. Their main number in Washington is: 888-877-7644. One of the prompts sounded up your alley. You can also check at the Farley location in Manhattan to see if there's a NYC counterpart (which there probably is).

Old 08-05-2015, 12:20 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,379,665 times
I knew an friendly postman one time. The post man would deliver mail to my Grandpa all the time. He would even get food for him. Later on, when my Grandpa retired......HE LEFT THE POST MAN HIS HOUSE.

Just say.

1. The postman is making me look bad to my neighbors by talking about thing they deliver to my doorstep. Basically the postman is violating your privacy by making fun of the things you order in the mail. This causes your relationship with your neighbor to diminish

2. Say the exact same thing to the head post office of your area. This is not same post office as your zip code but the sorting office where all mail goes through before reaching your zip code.

3. Then call your governour/mail them about the issue of the post person violating your privacy. If you want to shake some things up.

I mention this story because sometimes people do not have any friends at all and they will even give away there house or personal property to strangers out of imaginative kindness. Like the many elderly people inside of nursing homes with full sized houses and paid of apartment renting spaces.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:38 AM

4,171 posts, read 4,045,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I have a friend in The Howard in Rego Park, Queens (66th Road near QB) and she certainly has "thousands of people on her block" and the blocks nearby.
I did say it's possible if someone lives in an apartment building near Queens Boulevard. There aren't thousands of addresses on a single square block in Queens that has only private houses. My block is a typical grid style block and there's about 15 addresses from one avenue to the next. If you define a block as the rectangle it's on then it's less 60 or so addresses. Some blocks may be longer so it could be more addresses but then it might be a few multiples of that but not thousands.

Old 10-26-2016, 03:08 PM

118 posts, read 222,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
Very good observation. I really was thinking "what the fu**?" With all of these obnoxious comments. I would be uncomfortable too if I overheard someone that has access to so much personal and sensitive stuff (medical related information, credit related information, bills, work related information, even some medications) making such comments about me. The OP isn't overreacting. Women are vulnerable and it's not unheard of that sexual comments, even jokes, can escalate into something far worse. Not saying that's what's going to happen but women are more on guard and have good reason to be that way.
The mail carrier here pays far too much attention to the source of the mail. I know this, because he has commented and asked questions. There is going to be a move by one member of the household now, and one in which he took interest in their mail, and, frankly, I am fearful because he has access to the new address. There is nothing to be done, however, other than to be on the alert. He refused to return a greeting for the first four years here. Suddenly, all these questions, and he didn't even have interactions with the person in whose mail he took such interest. No one needs to be worried about this sort of thing. Mail carriers had been among the most trustworthy and admired. If he hadn't made such an extreme switch in behavior, I wouldn't be writing this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: