Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 11:31 AM

69 posts, read 107,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiaWin1 View Post
How many floors are in each building? I'm reading back through the first thread and it seems that some ppl moved into to 20s Floor. Not understanding why I would have to wait to get a view?
Keep in mind that the development is in phase 1 so all south facing apartments will be partially obstructed after phase 2. TF Cornerstone To Develop Phase 2 Of Hunter's Point South - Revenge of the Megaprojects - Curbed NY

My unit is SW on the 32nd floor and our agent went up and snuck a few pics of the South facing views from that floor and you can expect to see a little bit of Crossings but it by no means ruins the water/ south facing views.

Hunters Point Housing Lottery (Part II)-img_1536-1-.jpg

Hunters Point Housing Lottery (Part II)-img_1538.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 11:35 AM

4 posts, read 6,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
Honestly...No one really knows the process and how people are called, selected for, awarded apartments. It seems to be all over the place. Used to have something with Log #'s and preferences, but even that has been showed to be messy when people WITH preferences in the same income category were skipped over.

With regards to moving into the 20's floor, was this person in Crossing or commons? Because crossing high floor folks have been moving in...the commons high floor folks may or may not still be waiting.

But then again who knows.
That's just what bothers me so much.shouldn't the process be more transparent so everyone knows they are being treated fairly?

Old 08-24-2015, 11:45 AM

457 posts, read 735,277 times
Anything by Related is never transparent. Shame on HPD for not staying on top of them.

Oh, and thanks for the update Anti Money Laundering queen.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:03 PM

99 posts, read 231,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aml1026 View Post
Keep in mind that the development is in phase 1 so all south facing apartments will be partially obstructed after phase 2. TF Cornerstone To Develop Phase 2 Of Hunter's Point South - Revenge of the Megaprojects - Curbed NY

My unit is SW on the 32nd floor and our agent went up and snuck a few pics of the South facing views from that floor and you can expect to see a little bit of Crossings but it by no means ruins the water/ south facing views.

Attachment 156321

Attachment 156322
These are great. Thank you! You lucked out with SW. Def the view I want also. My coordinator said it would most likely be South facing Freedom Tower. As long as we're not directly facing the other apartment building with zero view, I will be happy.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:09 PM

103 posts, read 158,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishMeLuck View Post
Does anyone know if the rooms has ceiling lights or do you have to get a tall standing floor lamp?
There is a long overhead light in the kitchen and the foyer/entryway has 2-3 overhead dome-style lights. The rooms do not, though they do have switches to control some of the outlets.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:12 PM

103 posts, read 158,471 times
Quote:
How many floors are in each building? I'm reading back through the first thread and it seems that some ppl moved into to 20s Floor. Not understanding why I would have to wait to get a view?
Crossings has 32 stories, and move-ins have continued up to about the 25-27th floor for now. They are still putting the finishing touches on the 30th floor amenity space and the apartments on those top 3 floors.

Commons has 37 stories, though the building is only certified for occupancy up to about the 14th floor. Work continues on the higher floors and you can expect them to certify the remaining floors in batches with move-ins to follow shortly after.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:22 PM

99 posts, read 231,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICaviator View Post
Crossings has 32 stories, and move-ins have continued up to about the 25-27th floor for now. They are still putting the finishing touches on the 30th floor amenity space and the apartments on those top 3 floors.

Commons has 37 stories, though the building is only certified for occupancy up to about the 14th floor. Work continues on the higher floors and you can expect them to certify the remaining floors in batches with move-ins to follow shortly after.
Would you say those getting Dec/Jan move in dates are waiting for higher floors in Commons to complete. We would like an apt in Commons because it has the parking lot and most amenities

Old 08-24-2015, 12:31 PM

101 posts, read 159,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishMeLuck View Post
Does anyone know if the rooms has ceiling lights or do you have to get a tall standing floor lamp?
I have a studio and my living/bedroom is the only place with no ceiling light, I need a floor lamp.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:37 PM

69 posts, read 107,882 times
Quote:
Would you say those getting Dec/Jan move in dates are waiting for higher floors in Commons to complete. We would like an apt in Commons because it has the parking lot and most amenities
Thats correct. Most people who will be moving into Commons in December are living on higher floors.
Also, there are fewer people on those floors since the apartments are larger. For example the floor I'm on only has 9 units.

By the time December rolls along almost all of the lower floors will be filled and all of the amenities will be ready.

Hunters Point Housing Lottery (Part II)-3202_floorplan.png

Old 08-24-2015, 12:54 PM

357 posts, read 655,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchme12 View Post
The layout I attached is facing south and on the 25th floor.

I couldn't do a walk through because the apartments were inaccessible. One being on the 25th floor and the other was part of the hoist (Construction elevator) line. We had to choose quick because someone with a lower log number may have gotten the apartment before us. The layouts are only reserved after they are picked. i.e. If someone in the 40,xxx range could have gotten the same layout as us and would have preference when selecting. But once you say its yours, they take it out of the system.

Our apartment is actually on the north side of the building with zero view. We chose it because we have a dog and wanted the ability to walk up and the down the stairs. My family is very conscious of others and didn't want anyone who may be scared or allergic to dogs to have to see be in the elevator with mine for 25th stories.

Also, it was the same size and had the patio which is a nice touch. But we would have preferred a higher apartment with views.

Here is the 3d tilt view in google maps. You can see all the apartments with a patio. https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7435.../data=!3m1!1e3

And I am sure you will get approved quick. It was literally a few hours for us.
Awesome layout! Congrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery