Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 06:46 PM

15 posts, read 24,125 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I was offered a 1bdrm unit at the $2167 price. Not the best but also not terrible compared to market rates.

You can hear people sneezing? Geez! Are you really close to the elevators? I didn't pay that much attention to noise levels when I was there, primarily because there were like 12 other people looking at the unit. I also noticed they are building a couple other construction sites around Q41, which seemed like it may be a noise issue during the daytime. One of the studios was right outside one of the construction lot.

The finishings at HPS looked high-end within their model unit, but who knows how attentive they will be to the actual units. If only they had higher ceilings like at Q41. That's what I really loved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 07:09 PM

457 posts, read 737,086 times
HPS doesn't have high ceilings?

The high ceilings are nice. There's a rock climbing place downstairs and you would not believe the horrible noise the tenants were subjected to when construction was going on for that place before it was finished. They would start bright and early so forget about getting proper sleep. Things should start after 9am when people are off to work, but not here.

LivingSingle, it's not about being miserable. It's about stating the facts and the obvious. No, I can hear neighbors sneeze no matter where I stand. I've been to luxury condos that were built well and people couldn't hear a thing once inside their apartment. I've been in 100 year old red brick buildings and couldn't hear a thing. It depends on the construction and materials used.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:47 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLotteryGurl View Post

LivingSingle, it's not about being miserable. It's about stating the facts and the obvious. No, I can hear neighbors sneeze no matter where I stand. I've been to luxury condos that were built well and people couldn't hear a thing once inside their apartment. I've been in 100 year old red brick buildings and couldn't hear a thing. It depends on the construction and materials used.
As I stated above yes I hear people sneeze in my apartment too. I lived in 17 apartments. I have always heard neighbors/elevators/noise in the hallways/etc.
Only one apartment did I not hear neighbors but I heard the elevator and dogs barking from other apartments/ people in the hallways etc. It's what apartment living is, you hear things.

To the original poster, look for more people's comments regarding this building. NYClotteryGurl use to go by another name until they got band. They've been complaining about their building from the gate. I don't personally understand, if you are so unhappy just move. Why waste so much time and energy and complain on a forum all the time.
This said I don't know anything about the building, perhaps its bad or perhaps not But you need other opinions.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:48 PM

LivingSingle,

You sound like the kind of person who wants your friends to tell you it's sunny outside when it's actually raining.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
LivingSingle,

You sound like the kind of person who wants your friends to tell you it's sunny outside when it's actually raining.
Well it is sunny somewhere in the world.

However for the original poster you are the only one that answered their questions and you have been complaining about your apartment from day one of trying to get it on any and every thread here. So I don't think your opinion is a fair opinion for them to base the complex on.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:37 AM

You should come see the 2 units available and ask all the questions I clarified for the OP and you'll see if the realtor is tricking you. Maybe you'll see how foolish you really are since you love to be oblivious to everything.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:47 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
Quote:
You should come see the 2 units available and ask all the questions I clarified for the OP and you'll see if the realtor is tricking you. Maybe you'll see how foolish you really are since you love to be oblivious to everything.
This is the only person "in" New York I have ever heard use the term "realtor."
No exception.

Old 08-26-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Why don't you move if you are so miserable there?

Old 08-26-2015, 04:14 PM

Who said I was miserable? I'm just vocalizing the distinguishing factors I noticed since moving in. Don't ever misinterpret that for something else.

Well...realtor, real estate agent, broker, etc. They have so many names. Personally, I'd prefer to call them sleazy scumbags. I don't need someone to charge me 1 months rent for a job I can do on my own, through the super, or through the owner of the building. But this is NYC and everyone wants their cut of the $ pie. So a middle man is created to be collect their commission.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:56 PM

@OP

Let me tell you some other nonsense that has gone on in the building that would shock you. You wouldn't think this would ever happen in a middle income building where someone must make 58K to enter. Anyways, a tenant stole one of the laundry carts in the laundry room and it was gone for over a month and created nothing but complications for other tenants when bringing their wet clothes to the dryer and taking stuff out of the dryer when it's done so they can proceed to fold and go home.

This is some ridiculous nonsense that you'd expect at some section 8 housing project, not at some prestigious high rise luxury condo with an alleged concierge.

All the tenants were utterly shocked and it was the talk of the town for weeks on end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City