Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 07:58 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullnyc View Post
One thing i firmly believe is that both men and women are very stupid not picky. When it comes to relationships people tend to always blame the other person instead of learning they themselves are the problem. When someone finally matures to accept they have been the majority reason of past failures, thats when they will be ready and hopefully find someone in the same wavelength.
Agree with your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 07:58 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times
Not out in the dating world anymore, been married for close to 7 years now but you would think if this were true women would be walking around a lot more desperate and would be less picky. I don't get that impression at all.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:43 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Only these transplants have problems dating. I'm married myself but I had no problem meeting women when I was a bachelor. Not saying I was a Casanova or anything but I did ok.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-26-2015, 08:48 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Only these transplants have problems dating. I'm married myself but I had no problem meeting women when I was a bachelor. Not saying I was a Casanova or anything but I did ok.
Agree, same for me in reverse.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:36 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Most of the women are just too picky, especially transplant white females that can only date white males. When they come to NYC they realized that many of the white males are dating non-white females and they are left with less choices. A well to do white male in his late 20 to middle 30s is more likely to date a non-white female in NYC than elsewhere.

Imo, there are far less "good" women in NYC, there are lots of "good" men. There are too many women that I would stay away from because they are just too into themselves. If you put up that B attitude, guess what most good guys are not gonna mess with you.

Old 08-27-2015, 12:41 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,418 times
Wonder what the percentage is for CELIBATE single NYC women that aren't having sex.

Bet it is pretty low.

Lot of sex going on in the city.

Not nearly as many meaningful committed relationships.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:11 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,863,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
you would think if this were true women would be walking around a lot more desperate and would be less picky. I don't get that impression at all.
Exactly. Especially the "good" women are not having a hard time managing their sex lives. They will always find "good" males for partners. Now those good males may be having more than one partner but the population of good females seeking them is still happy to oblige, which is how it mostly works in the natural world.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:05 AM

19,042 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
This here.

I've only had problems staying married, lol. Finding women has never been an issue, although I suppose my saying this confirms what the article is saying sort of.

Oh and sex gets waaaaayyy better as you get a little older. I see plenty of good looking 20-somethings every night in Manhattan, but I'm completely uninterested in the nonsense it would take to score their likely sub-par bedroom performance. I'm very happy with what I have now. An older chick might pique my interest though...

Old 08-27-2015, 07:31 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,266,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

Ironically it is the wide spread acceptance of gays/homosexuality by the *WASP*/mainstream/democratic (and even some republican), progressive and liberal society in NYC that is making problems for these white women even worse. Marriage and other "equality* means that Harvard pre-med and Columbia med school grad can just as easily bust out and marry a gay male nurse as female and suffer no consequences. They can marry at St. Bart's on Park Avenue (or several other connected Protestant churches in NYC), move into a co-op on Fifth Avenue and otherwise go about a normal life.
I would say the acceptance of gays makes the situation *better* for single women these days. Do you really think it was a single woman's dream to settle down with a gay man who doesn't want a physical relationship with her and has hookups on the side? You make it sounds as if a guy can switch his sexuality on or off for a particular person male or female--is that the way it works for you?

Old 08-27-2015, 07:50 AM

6,687 posts, read 6,031,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
Exactly. Especially the "good" women are not having a hard time managing their sex lives. They will always find "good" males for partners. Now those good males may be having more than one partner but the population of good females seeking them is still happy to oblige, which is how it mostly works in the natural world.

It's kind of sad that women are this way today, because unknowingly, they diminish themselves. (This is not to criticize - but a lot don't know any better).

The way that I was able to get myself a gorgeous white professional male (I'm a Latina female) was by playing this special woman who only "gives it up" if I'm really committed. It took the poor bastid 9 months to get my number. He saw something special in me and eventually asked me to marry him. And boy was he hot (Leonardo DiCaprio look alike). Anyways, I made myself out to be wife material. My marriage to him lasted for 12 years before I ended it.

I believe that playing hard to get is especially useful. It makes the other party want you more. I could be wrong, but women need to show they have something special instead of opening up their legs to anyone they see.

Now of course, the above applies to women who want to keep men. Personally, after my divorce, I no longer play those games, because I do not care to be married to anyone anymore. (Been there, done that!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City