Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 07:14 AM

454 posts, read 528,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShavyTavy View Post
Hello!!

Personally I believe in the next 5 years this area will be a hot spot to live in. I've lived in this one area all my life so I've seen it before and now, and there's so much improvement already, and they're no where near done. There is about 4 different buildings going up in this one area, and also throughout the whole Bronx. I'm forever stopping my car in front of construction to look at the new buildings going up LOL. There will soon be no empty lots in the Bronx, which we had a lot of for years. I don't think people realize how its progressing just yet. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Yankee Stadium area (which is really close to here) but I believe it will all look similar to that soon. They have some REALLY nice apartments on the concourse near the stadium but for a high price, but still cheaper than probably any where else in the city.

I believe the Bronx is getting better, I just hope it doesn't become way to over priced like the rest of the city . You should take a visit one day so you can actually see what I'm talking about.

I approved this post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 07:18 AM

@ shavy

Aww how exciting for this to be your first apartment.(I remember when I first moved on my own in Parkchester, but I didn't stay to long cause the rent was killing me. LOL Couldn't do that rent by myself lol.

Your gonna love living on your own.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking.

I hope we'll be neighbors soon =)

Old 12-29-2015, 07:36 AM

32 posts, read 25,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemylayla View Post
@ shavy

Aww how exciting for this to be your first apartment.(I remember when I first moved on my own in Parkchester, but I didn't stay to long cause the rent was killing me. LOL Couldn't do that rent by myself lol.

Your gonna love living on your own.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking.

I hope we'll be neighbors soon =)

I can't say I'm not scared of paying rent because I've never paid rent before but I can do this (I have this pep talk with myself all the time LOL). I think $812 is reasonable as opposed to the $1,000 + everywhere else for a studio LOL. I hear that Parkchester rent is no joke LOL I almost applied to that too but my cousin warned me about them as they increase in rent so much each year and the starting rent is already high LOL. I initially was just doing housing connect out of curiosity since my cousin moved into one and I LOVE HER APARTMENT. And she told me to apply, she got called for 3 others that she turned down!! Then she finally got the one she really wanted which is where she lives now. But my mom encouraged me really to go through with this because she said it is such a good deal.

As for my age, I don't mind LOL. I'm 24! It's funny because I always told myself that by 25 I wanted to move out my mom and dad house but the closer I got to 25, the more I pushed the time back LOL then BOOM! out the sky here it is LOL.

I hope we'll be neighbors soon too!!

Old 12-29-2015, 08:02 AM

Aww that's a good age to be moving out on your own.. I believe I was around that age when I first moved out. Im 32 now (but look like im 20) LMAO!

Eek! So exited for you.. What floor did they give you? (No Im not a stalker) ha!

Old 12-29-2015, 08:12 AM

LOL OMG if I had a dollar for every time someone thought I was 16 so I know what you mean LOL

Thank you though!! I appreciate it And you're only 32. I love to see young people doing good things (and it would be lovely having young neighbors LOL)

And LOL I didn't think you were a stalker. I'm on 7 which I'm happy with. I hate low floors.

Old 12-30-2015, 05:47 AM

@ shavy

Good luck mama, hope u like thee apartment! 😉

Old 12-30-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemylayla View Post
@ shavy

Good luck mama, hope u like thee apartment! 😉

Thank you so much!! I love it!! It's a little small but I'm just 1 person I don't need much space lol. The kitchen is very nice size. The building is very nice, super is really nice. They still have a few things to do in the building but nothing major. I asked him about weekend move in's and he was a little hesitant at first then he said it could be worked out. I'm feeling good about it. He was telling me how there were 19,000 applicants and even though I feel like I waited so long, my process wasn't long at all . I know I'm skipping a lot of details lol but if you want to know anything else you can ask. I was so excited I forgot to take pictures lol but at least you seen it already!

Old 12-30-2015, 11:25 AM

Awesome!! so happy for you!!

Im sure your one of the first to view the apartments but did the super mention if they already have filled the apartments yet?

Im gettin antsy now lol

Ughhh please ms mines contact me

Old 12-30-2015, 11:37 AM

Thank you!!

There was 3 others there viewing their apartments when I was there. It looked like the people that was there, was there for 1 bedrooms and studios (but I'm not sure) So maybe it is just us for now, He didn't say they were all filled yet so keep your fingers crossed. I'm still praying for you LOL

As for her, I contacted her just now to sign my lease and she answered right away so now may be the time to get her LOL.

Old 12-30-2015, 11:49 AM

Or maybe shes just ignoring my emails

No I dont want to cont to email her maybe theres a reason why shes ignoring me. I will still hold out hope though. But im happy for u

I will continue to pop up here to update whether good or bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: