Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 07:00 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,307,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgeorgee View Post
Trust me when I was Iraq for 2 deployment's I wanted everyone dead!!.. I still have some feelings today from 11 of my buddies passing while I was in Iraq 2006. unfortunately my time ended when I was injured. i served 9 1/2 years in Marine Corps. If I had the chance I will do it again.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 07:14 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,534 times
Quote:
Trust me when I was Iraq for 2 deployment's I wanted everyone dead!!.. I still have some feelings today from 11 of my buddies passing while I was in Iraq 2006. unfortunately my time ended when I was injured. i served 9 1/2 years in Marine Corps. If I had the chance I will do it again.
Never forget how many of us appreciate your sacrifices brother. People love and respect the military, and for the ones that dont, f*ck em. You deserve the best always from all of us...

Old 09-12-2015, 08:26 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Quote:
While you did your job but it was a big waste of money, lives, and time because our government sent brave people like you to go there and take out the one guy there Saddam that was once our ally and he was keeping all the other bad guys at bay. We blamed and killed him for holding WMD and helping Al Qeda with zero proof. Then we let the other bad guys rise to power and they're slaughtering the US Govt installed Iraqi govt.

This is another Vietnam War. People died, money wasted, and more people will die and more money will get wasted without a permanent resolution there. We created ISIS and Al Qeda.

Last edited by vision33r; 09-12-2015 at 08:36 PM..

Old 09-12-2015, 09:40 PM

712 posts, read 1,207,078 times
Let's us remember our fallen and those who lost their lives on 9/11. We will never forget

Thank you all

Old 09-12-2015, 10:08 PM

5,121 posts, read 4,967,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
While you did your job but it was a big waste of money, lives, and time because our government sent brave people like you to go there and take out the one guy there Saddam that was once our ally and he was keeping all the other bad guys at bay. We blamed and killed him for holding WMD and helping Al Qeda with zero proof. Then we let the other bad guys rise to power and they're slaughtering the US Govt installed Iraqi govt.

This is another Vietnam War. People died, money wasted, and more people will die and more money will get wasted without a permanent resolution there. We created ISIS and Al Qeda.
Soldiers function as extended limbs of the politicians in power. They have no control of their own acts but to follow what the politicians', the brain, decision. If you have a right brain in place, soldiers will sacrifice their safety or life for the right cause. Unfortunatley nothing good can be said about the last Iraqi war because of a malfunctiong brain in the white house at the time. No matter how brave the soldiers fought their way through, they will not be glorified in history books as others who fought for right wars. That is sad but true.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:12 PM

5,121 posts, read 4,967,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
There was this whitish ash that fell like snow and blanketed everything over Brooklyn: cars, sidewalks, grass, trees, window sills, garbage cans, hydrants, rooftops, air conditioning units, etc.

We heard on television that the ash contained asbestos so we shut the windows but because it was warm, you couldn't keep them closed for too long and eventually we opened the windows and some of that stuff came in and coated everything inside. I was so afraid of it.

And to make matters worse, I remember it went like over a week before we had any rain so this ash was just blowing around all over the place.
The public health effect from the attack has yet to be assessed in the coming decade. I read somewhere that a significant portion of the ffighters and rescuing workers started to have cancer.

Old 09-13-2015, 12:51 AM

250 posts, read 503,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
The public health effect from the attack has yet to be assessed in the coming decade. I read somewhere that a significant portion of the ffighters and rescuing workers started to have cancer.
This is very sad. 20-50 years is the latency period between malignant mesothelioma and asbestos exposure, so the bravest among those who survived, exposed directly to the debris, will face many uncertain years ahead concerning their long-term health.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:25 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Quote:

Soldiers function as extended limbs of the politicians in power. They have no
control of their own acts but to follow what the politicians', the brain,
decision.
The more common way of excusing actions is: "I was only following ORDERS!"

Old 09-14-2015, 02:16 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,033,188 times
Quote:
Thank you for your service!

Old 09-14-2015, 02:58 PM

79 posts, read 156,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen401 View Post
This is very sad. 20-50 years is the latency period between malignant mesothelioma and asbestos exposure, so the bravest among those who survived, exposed directly to the debris, will face many uncertain years ahead concerning their long-term health.
The late Donna Summer lived near Ground Zero at the time of the attack and later perished from lung cancer. I believe she suspected her illness may have been caused by the aftermath. Additionally, the "Dust Lady" died of stomach cancer a few weeks ago; she too felt her sickness was a result of the attacks. It's horrible to hear of people continuing to suffer and die from 9/11, nearly 15 years after.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City