Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 12:29 AM

31,897 posts, read 26,926,466 times

Advertisements

*LOL*

All you haters gonna hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 12:51 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,237,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Am no expert but imagine between dumbing down entry and retention requirements so every single special snowflake, ethnic or minority group can become NYPD has had some effect. That and the increased use of vehicle patrol instead of putting feet on the beat so to speak. Many NYPD spend all of their shifts driving around or at least sitting in in vehicles.

Guess the argument can be made that unlike say FDNY there isn't any real sort of requirement for strength, height, or whatever to be NYPD. Thing is when you watch old television shows or films showing LE chasing suspects, climbing fences, jumping roofs it makes you grin. Today am sure no small number of NYPD would have a coronary incident if they had to even attempt running one City block or anything else that caused them to break a sweat.
Not really since as far as I remember nypd have never been mr olympias. It's just there are more heavy people in general these days.

It's funny nyfd have more down time but I guess they use some of that down time to stay in shape. I rarely see out of shape firemen.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:25 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,963,202 times
Quote:
Am no expert but imagine between dumbing down entry and retention requirements so every single special snowflake, ethnic or minority group can become NYPD has had some effect. That and the increased use of vehicle patrol instead of putting feet on the beat so to speak. Many NYPD spend all of their shifts driving around or at least sitting in in vehicles.

Guess the argument can be made that unlike say FDNY there isn't any real sort of requirement for strength, height, or whatever to be NYPD. Thing is when you watch old television shows or films showing LE chasing suspects, climbing fences, jumping roofs it makes you grin. Today am sure no small number of NYPD would have a coronary incident if they had to even attempt running one City block or anything else that caused them to break a sweat.
Right you you sound like an outright racist.

At least as far as men are concerned, there is no racial group that doesn't have tall or strong men. The percentages of tall guys of course VARY from group to group but one can find 6 foot men among all races.

As for women they tend to be shorter than men obviously. But police forces do need women too. Sometimes they even have women go undercover. They may specifically need women to go undercover in certain cases like infilitrating prostitution or similar type crimes. Also much police work is done in groups and they train them how to fight and use a GUN!

Old 09-16-2015, 06:46 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Juice anyone?

Check the hotties in the picture:

Cops on the Juice -

Old 09-16-2015, 07:59 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Yeah, I don't understand at all why there aren't fitness tests that they have to pass every year. Seems like if they are not in shape, they can't do their job.

Trying to think of an analogy. If you got hired at a job for your math skills, and then you start forgetting how to do math, a little every year, til finally you're at 7th grade math level but your job still requires you to be good at it, you would or should lose your job.
I agree. At my job, we are constantly tested to make sure we are proficient, multiple times per year.

Enough mistakes and you're gone.

I do not think this guy is hot because he is not my type. And he looks TOO BIG. I don't like that juicing look. But at least he's not rotund?

Old 09-16-2015, 08:27 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
The pic in the OP's post looks severely airbrushed.

Old 09-16-2015, 12:14 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,237,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
I agree. At my job, we are constantly tested to make sure we are proficient, multiple times per year.

Enough mistakes and you're gone.

I do not think this guy is hot because he is not my type. And he looks TOO BIG. I don't like that juicing look. But at least he's not rotund?
From my experience very few women are into that look. Women like a defined chest and six abs but the roidhead look is not popular, lol. The only women i've seen into that are usually fitness obsessed themselves.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:34 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:

From my experience very few women are into that look.
What makes you think "that look" is geared to attract WOMEN?

Old 09-16-2015, 07:51 PM

432 posts, read 551,319 times
Quote:

FDNY is a part time job where you are required to appear approximately 8 days a month. NYPD officers work 5 days a week like the rest of the world, plus many work a good deal of overtime. Anyone working that few days a month has no excuse not to be in outstanding shape.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:18 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times
Most NYPD cops I see appear to be in decent shape
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: