U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 09:20 AM

3,039 posts, read 5,733,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Could also be Ridgewood east of Fresh Pond.
I thought that as well especially from Menahan to Madison from Traffic ave to Forest ave. This area actually has some beautiful houses that would almost make you think you're in the suburbs of Queens as opposed to the traditionally urban area of Ridgewood. I would say around this section, the majority is still Italian with Polish being a close second.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 09:40 AM

9,923 posts, read 7,687,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
I thought that as well especially from Menahan to Madison from Traffic ave to Forest ave. This area actually has some beautiful houses that would almost make you think you're in the suburbs of Queens as opposed to the traditionally urban area of Ridgewood. I would say around this section, the majority is still Italian with Polish being a close second.
Those limestone rowhouses over there are nice. They have similar ones along Irving ave in Bushwick. Problem is that you have to go to Fresh Pond to get out, everything is pretty much one way in and one way out. That Italian festival must be such a pain to anyone living down those streets.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:57 AM

9,923 posts, read 7,687,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mummy86 View Post
How can i be a troll, seriously because i agreed with someone that queens in my opinion is more racist. what does it matter to you. am sharing my experiences and because you don't agree with it it makes me a troll now.
please don't start your crap no ones making you comment. why do you have to be so aggressive do you own Astoria?
You are awfully quick to write off an entire boro of 2.5 million people or so as being by far the most racist boro. Meanwhile it is by far the most ethnically diverse place in the world. Funny how the most ethnically diverse place in the world is always labeled to be the most racist place in the world at the same time. Whether it is Archie Bunker and Donald Trump (both from Queens) or the Howard Beach drama, Queens is home to all the racists, and at the same time, all the diversity that isn't evident elsewhere. I grew up in Queens, with people from many different ethnicities and race. We all joked with one another, all out of good fun. Now these days, everyone just goes around claiming to be acceptable of all peoples, yet at the same time segregate themselves from the world in order to do so. Guess what though, people will discriminate and continue to do so. A muslim won't rent to a jew, a jew won't rent to a muslim, the Irish discrimated against the Italians, the Italians towards the Puerto Rican, chinese to the koreans, blacks against asians, etc..., but only one group can pull out the race card while others just move on to find the next place to live.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:12 AM

3,039 posts, read 5,733,294 times
Quote:
Those limestone rowhouses over there are nice. They have similar ones along Irving ave in Bushwick. Problem is that you have to go to Fresh Pond to get out, everything is pretty much one way in and one way out. That Italian festival must be such a pain to anyone living down those streets.
Yea, the Italian festival must be horrible for anyone on Fresh Pond or in between traffic to Fresh Pond. To be fair though, those streets are very close to Metropolitan ave and you can always continue going up where 60th place and Forest ave merge with other streets.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:17 PM

4,841 posts, read 7,860,810 times
Quote:
I use to live on Gates Avenue right between Fresh Pond and Traffic on a beautiful block . Whenever the feast was around it was a brutal nightmare.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:37 PM

3,333 posts, read 3,282,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Saw this already. What do you want me to do?
You don't have to do anything apart from acknowledge that Queens is no different than the rest of NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or