U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 09:08 PM

814 posts, read 650,523 times

Advertisements

Oh gosh within 2 hours of NYC I would do a football game @West Point on a Saturday afternoon, make sure its a home game of course, it is one of the most beautiful stadiums to watch a game, was there in 2012 when Army won against Boston College, did the tailgate thing, it was really fun. The morning of game day stopped at Bear Mountain overlook which is an amazing view.

After the game it would be close to dinner time and the Olympic Diner in Mahopac could be a fun place, I tried a pizza burger there once, it was good.

If photography is your thing and if the leaves are changing their color, take a drive into Lake Carmel, park your car, and take photos of the lake, the water is very calm and the colors of the autumn leaves reflect off the water like a mirror.

I grew up in this area of New York and there was always something to do, Putnam County is rural but in the fall is very pretty. Patterson is a quaint little town, there is pumpkin patches and orchards, kent cliffs has a little farm stand I visited my last trip up.

Tourists from other states always want to visit NYC, only born and bred New Yorkers know how beautiful the state actually is.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 09:14 AM

791 posts, read 1,210,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizfromtheBronx View Post
You would take the Bx 29 from Pelham Bay Station.
You're right. My mistake.

Ever see the film, "City Island"? It's a hoot.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or