Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 06:45 PM

993 posts, read 1,385,270 times

Advertisements

Shot in gang crossfire last week at 3 a.m. during J'ouvert, just walking with his brother. He was a completely innocent bystander. Seventeen shots were fired. He ducked behind a car, but a bullet grazed his head.

He held on in the hospital in a coma, but passed today.
It's tragic to lose anyone this way, especially someone with such talent and accomplishment.

Do you think any serious change will take place, or will it just remain a sorrow to his family?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 06:57 PM

4,197 posts, read 4,082,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightRabbit View Post
Shot in gang crossfire last week at J'ouvert, 3am.......

Do you think any serious change will take place, or will it just remain a sorrow to his family?
I don't think there will be any serious change as I assume you mean in canceling this event or in policing it. It's not politically correct to address the fact that these events result in violence every year. However maybe the good people in the area will just avoid being out at 3 am in the illegal gathering known as "J'ouvert" that has a history of violence.

Old 09-16-2015, 06:57 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,073,586 times
Very sad to hear that he didn't make it but I doubt anything will change.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:38 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Failures of gentrification.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:27 AM

857 posts, read 1,200,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
I don't think there will be any serious change as I assume you mean in canceling this event or in policing it. It's not politically correct to address the fact that these events result in violence every year. However maybe the good people in the area will just avoid being out at 3 am in the illegal gathering known as "J'ouvert" that has a history of violence.
jouvert's not illegal they have authorization from the city to hold it. event or no event there will still be incidents of violence since the crown heights and flatbush areas have issues with these sorts of things......most of the time its gang related anyway....

Old 09-17-2015, 07:01 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,539,204 times
There is barely any mention of this in the mainstream media (black on black violence doesn't fit the anti-cop/white narrative). So I guess black lives don't matter. Jus anotha day in da hood.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:02 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post
jouvert's not illegal they have authorization from the city to hold it. event or no event there will still be incidents of violence since the crown heights and flatbush areas have issues with these sorts of things......most of the time its gang related anyway....
That's an apologist response and a stupid one. I get what you're saying that there's a lot of gang activity over there but it doesn't happen 365 days out of the year. Yet, for some reason, violent crime always seems to happen come labor day weekend. I agree with what PC Bill Bratton said regarding the actual parade... That doesn't really seem to cause too many issues, J'ouvert does, and when you have a pre-parade in a rough neighborhood start late into the night, you're asking for problems to happen as it did here...

Old 09-17-2015, 07:27 AM

79 posts, read 156,157 times
So terrible and senseless. I was pulling for him. May he RIP.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:22 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
terrible

and this is unacceptable.

we really need to focus on this gun crap already.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:40 PM

931 posts, read 801,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightRabbit View Post
Shot in gang crossfire last week at 3 a.m. during J'ouvert, just walking with his brother. He was a completely innocent bystander. Seventeen shots were fired. He ducked behind a car, but a bullet grazed his head.

He held on in the hospital in a coma, but passed today.
It's tragic to lose anyone this way, especially someone with such talent and accomplishment.

Where's the rioting for the killing of this educated, successful black man?

Where's "No Justice, No Peace" marches?

Where's Al Sharpton?

Black Lives Matter?

It appears that the only way to get Al Sharpton, rioting or Black Lives Matters to protest and bi*ch is if some worthless ghetto hood rat gets killed by a police officer or a white person.

I guess educated black lives don't matter. Such a shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City