U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2015, 11:34 AM

23,262 posts, read 16,082,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
If the teens' behavior wasn't off the chain, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Don't try to twist what I said by stating that people moved off the train just because kids from "a poor background got on". Just stop it! Heck with the high cost of living in NYC, they basically would be running from car to car the whole time if they got off whenever someone poor got on. The issue is not being poor, the issue is BEHAVIOR. Being Black and poor is no longer an excuse for exhibiting bad behavior "just because". We are all human and there is a standard of decent behavior that is expected and should be maintained by ALL citizens.

Heck I look at pics, books, magazines, and films and most Blacks were poor in 1960 and did not have the numbers of advanced degrees that we have today yet carried themselves with dignity and self-respect. Your parent(s) better not find out that you were acting a fool in public and bringing disgrace to Black people in general, yourself and your family.

Now, this generation has been encouraged or enabled to act a fool because they will have all kinds of excuses made for them: all long as Wall street execs don't get off the train amidst your loud cursing and yelling, you're good! Instead of teaching the teens, do you see Wall street execs ' youth acting like you in public? Ok, then that means you have a LOT of work today unless you plan on becoming an adult that is not much further ahead than where you are now.
I have never seen anyone move from car to car because Black teens exhibited poor behavior.

This is NYC, where drunk and high people ride the trains, where smelly homeless people take up entire seats of the car, and where all sorts of crazies of all races do all sort of things. And out of your self loathing/hatred issues, you pick on POOR BLACK TEENAGERS and accuse them of acting like a fool. But the FOOL is YOU!

And in 1960 when Blacks allegedly carried themselves in the so called right manner they were denied employment and housing and only had access to the worst jobs and the worst housing.

This is AMERICA. ACTING saintly gets you NOWHERE in this CAPITALIST nation.

Being loud and boisterous works. Look at Donald Trump. He's loud and obnoxious, yet you would never criticize a privileged old white man for acting like this. Heaven forbid a Black teen say 1/4 of some of the stuff Trump says, and you'd be wailing about the failures of the Black race. You're a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 11:35 AM

7,903 posts, read 6,483,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Unless someone is directly threatening someone nobody has the right to be judgmental.
It is too late once someone is being overtly threatening. Situational awareness and choices made appropriate to the situation are judgmental by their very nature.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:39 AM

7,903 posts, read 6,483,818 times
Quote:
Being loud and boisterous works. Look at Donald Trump. He's loud and obnoxious, yet you would never criticize a privileged old white man for acting like this. Heaven forbid a Black teen say 1/4 of some of the stuff Trump says, and you'd be wailing about the failures of the Black race. You're a hypocrite.
I wonder if after his loud and boisterous campaign events whether he ever starts robbing the attendees at gunpoint or with some other physical force. Maybe he can post the video on Worldstar, you know, like the loud and boisterous ghetto kids do every single day...

Old 10-07-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Exactly!

Just the other day one of those hip hop pole dancers assaulted a man just for video recording the performance. Punched him in the face then spat on him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2386706

I've been riding the train since the early 80's therefore I have first hand experience and am qualified to make a statement on the types of people who cause problems on the train. It has nothing to do with being rich or poor. It has to do with those who have and those who lack morals and respect. For the most part, it is young black teens who cause the most chaos on the subways. Sure you'll have isolated incidents of people of other races causing a ruckus, but I would say that 85% of the time its young black teens who are the ones cursing, pushing and stirring up problems in the subway. It is what is is.....
So why don't you go out and say what you really want. All Black teens should be executed. Yes just because you can point out isolated incidents, every Black teen should be blamed and shot by the state.

Is that what you want to hear or say?

Most Black teens, and most poor Black teens do not bother people on the subway. Most teens in groups do not bother people on the subway.

But of course you don't want to hear that, you hate them and you want them dead.

Just like you can find a video (or 10) on youtube of Black teens doing stupid stuff, I could go on youtube and find people of other races doing stupid stuff.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
It is too late once someone is being overtly threatening. Situational awareness and choices made appropriate to the situation are judgmental by their very nature.
I said unless someone is directly threatening someone.

If it's just a group of teenagers getting on the train there is no reason to be judgmental. They are just going to wherever they have to go to.

Now if a bunch of teens THREATEN you, that is another matter entirely and of course you have to be judgmental.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:42 AM

4,914 posts, read 5,531,053 times
Quote:
So why don't you go out and say what you really want. All Black teens should be executed. Yes just because you can point out isolated incidents, every Black teen should be blamed and shot by the state.

Is that what you want to hear or say?

Most Black teens, and most poor Black teens do not bother people on the subway. Most teens in groups do not bother people on the subway.

But of course you don't want to hear that, you hate them and you want them dead.

Just like you can find a video (or 10) on youtube of Black teens doing stupid stuff, I could go on youtube and find people of other races doing stupid stuff.
You have some issues my friend.

Stating what I have experienced in a span of over 30's yrs as a NYC resident equates to me wanting all black teens executed?

Old 10-07-2015, 12:44 PM

14,846 posts, read 17,430,235 times
My old man had two choices. Either go to college in NYC or go to college in London. He chooses London due to the fact that here in the US race was a huge issue. This was during the turbulent 1960s. London was more racially open and than nyc during the same period according to my late father. He even post poned becoming a us citizen due to race issues that persists here. London also exposed him to a bourgeois people and life style who he connected with. According to him this would have happened nyc during the same era.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I wonder if after his loud and boisterous campaign events whether he ever starts robbing the attendees at gunpoint or with some other physical force. Maybe he can post the video on Worldstar, you know, like the loud and boisterous ghetto kids do every single day...
Most loud and boisterous ghetto kids do not ROB. Kids get LOUD all the TIME without committing crime.

That's true of all races.

For that matter it's true of adults.

The fact you even had to even bring criminal violence into it shows your hatred of Blacks. When I spoke of loud and boisterous and compared Trump to teens (Trump makes outrageous comments) I was saying the poster claiming Black teens were poorly behaved these days never would criticize an old rich white man for being poorly behaved. And if a poor Black person did 1/4 of what Trump did he'd be demonized.

How many wives and women has Trump dumped? Look at his misogynistic comments. Like he joke he made about Megyn Kelly having her period because she questioned him hard. But you and certain other posters give well of whites free passes.

Go to any part of Manhattan with a lot of bars and you see lots of drunk college students, recent graduates, and other white partiers. In fact many will be high off drugs. They are loud, sometimes they **** outside or vomit and do other nasty stuff that intoxicated people do. Yet crazy white people don't exist, or they only exist when people confront you and others on racist comments that you really aim towards Blacks.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
You have some issues my friend.

Stating what I have experienced in a span of over 30's yrs as a NYC resident equates to me wanting all black teens executed?
According to you Black teen=evil criminal so what else is there to do but mass execution?

Old 10-07-2015, 03:03 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,556,100 times
I have no pity for the Dumbo parents in this situation.

However, I do think the city is making a mistake in concentrating all of the Farragut Houses in one school. Right now, they are split, with IIRC four buildings at PS 307 and three at PS 8. Even though Dumbo should be moved to PS 307, some of the Farragut Houses should continue to send their kids to PS 8. This ensures diversity in each school (whereas PS 8 is likely to become 80+% white and all upper class on the new district lines (currently it's about 60% white, with a large portion of the minority students being from the Farragut Houses), while realistically white flight from school system will mean PS 307 stays 80+% minority) and also improves opportunity for all residents of the Farragut Houses. It would be to everyone's advantage to have two diverse schools instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or