U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2015, 04:34 PM

23,306 posts, read 16,185,241 times

Advertisements

[quote=nograviti;41474860]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post

Someone is in denial and it isn't myself. You cited a source omitting data that didn't suit your argument. Then you gloss over that fact along with the other clear facts I cited.

Disproportionate poverty levels? I already showed the data for foreign whites, Indians and Caribbeans is remarkably close. For populations that are non white and foreign in origin I would say that is pretty good. The comparable figures for America make grim reading..

As for your custody data, besides saying the data is hushed up, provide some firm data or it is conjecture.

The figures for wealthy Africans show that they are disproportionately west African in origin.

Lagos to NYC 11 hours

Lagos to London 7 hours

A Kenyan is not a Nigerian and despite what you have heard Africa is not a country, so try again.

Ultimately my efforts to compare US and UK black populations was born out of an effort to suggest what changes could be made to improve the lot of working class African Americans. While the reference to wealthy africans migration choices also reflects the fact that even they have been influenced by bad press and negative experiences when visiting the US.

What is intriguing for me is that you want to argue over who has it better, than ultimately acknowledge structural racism in the US, which results in markedly different social outcomes for black and white populations in the main. Other groups must be tickling themselves with laughter..

As other posters suggested except for rural appalachian populations, find me the Caucasian version of the south side of Chicago? Where are the Caucasian Ghettos and still you defend this aspect of America..

Hipsters indirectly say they don't want their children mixing with predominantly black children as they are 'ghetto' and that isn't a problem for you?? I am truly dumbstruck..
But you are arguing over who has it better.

Since this is the NYC forum, you should just address the issues with structural racism here in NYC. Leave London out of it.

I think your arguments would go much better if you attacked structural racism here which clearly has had horrible effects.

Improve the lives of working class African Americans? Paying them more money, giving them benefits on the job all will help. Perhaps the housing projects should be privatized and those apartments given to the people who live in them, so that the projects become co-ops.

One thing that harms black families for generations is lower rates of homeownership and other asset ownership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 05:15 PM

6,886 posts, read 7,865,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
You have some issues my friend.

Stating what I have experienced in a span of over 30's yrs as a NYC resident equates to me wanting all black teens executed?
And the craziness will just pick up - stop responding.
Ruins just about every thread.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
My old man had two choices. Either go to college in NYC or go to college in London. He chooses London due to the fact that here in the US race was a huge issue. This was during the turbulent 1960s. London was more racially open and than nyc during the same period according to my late father. He even post poned becoming a us citizen due to race issues that persists here. London also exposed him to a bourgeois people and life style who he connected with. According to him this would have happened nyc during the same era.

That is impossible - it might mean that there is potentially another point of view !

Old 10-07-2015, 05:27 PM

7,949 posts, read 6,525,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Go to any part of Manhattan with a lot of bars and you see lots of drunk college students, recent graduates, and other white partiers. In fact many will be high off drugs. They are loud, sometimes they **** outside or vomit and do other nasty stuff that intoxicated people do. Yet crazy white people don't exist, or they only exist when people confront you and others on racist comments that you really aim towards Blacks.
I just spent the last 4 years working on the LES. I've caused far more heartache for white, drunken fools than you could ever imagine. And I am damn proud of it too! You'll never once hear me use "deflection" to defend "my race" as you are well known for and the media has perfected to a T (maybe they even taught you).

Anyway, to be clear so your nonsense can stop:

Drunken white college bros (anyone else) deserve the same treatment as boisterous black ghetto kids. I don't care what shade their skin is. If they are bothering law-abiding people who conform to society's norms of behavior, they deserve all the negative attention they get!

Old 10-07-2015, 05:35 PM

23,306 posts, read 16,185,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I just spent the last 4 years working on the LES. I've caused far more heartache for white, drunken fools than you could ever imagine. And I am damn proud of it too! You'll never once hear me use "deflection" to defend "my race" as you are well known for and the media has perfected to a T (maybe they even taught you).

Anyway, to be clear so your nonsense can stop:

Drunken white college bros (anyone else) deserve the same treatment as boisterous black ghetto kids. I don't care what shade their skin is. If they are bothering law-abiding people who conform to society's norms of behavior, they deserve all the negative attention they get!
Yet drunken white college bros don't get the sane negative treatment as boisterous black ghettos kids from people on this thread. You and others mainly like to bash ghetto/poor/Black kids.

Drunken white college bros can get away with a lot more. And yes they can be violent too. I've seen bar fights or street fights.

Yet according to people on this forum all white people are always precious little snowflakes while Black=evil, bad, violent.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I just spent the last 4 years working on the LES. I've caused far more heartache for white, drunken fools than you could ever imagine. And I am damn proud of it too!
I appreciate it, this is one of the reasons we moved. Wish you had been around more.
You forgot the word "transplants."

Old 10-07-2015, 05:40 PM

14,973 posts, read 17,526,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
That is impossible - it might mean that there is potentially another point of view !
He always held London to an higher esteem over NYC, to his very day until his death. He told me nyc will never be better than London. Which it tries hard to mimic.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Yet according to people on this forum all white people are always precious little snowflakes while Black=evil, bad, violent.
No. According to YOU everyone thinks that way.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
I appreciate it, this is one of the reasons we moved. Wish you had been around more.
You forgot the word "transplants."
No problem! It was fun but the commute got to me over time.

Those idiots **** and litter all over the place and deserve every summons and arrest they get.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:00 AM

2,721 posts, read 2,157,085 times
That is not true at all, and frankly, I'm offended you would suggest something like that. The state should never consider such a thing - it should be the duty of local gov't, so in this case the city.

Quote:
So why don't you go out and say what you really want. All Black teens should be executed. Yes just because you can point out isolated incidents, every Black teen should be blamed and shot by the state.

Is that what you want to hear or say?

Most Black teens, and most poor Black teens do not bother people on the subway. Most teens in groups do not bother people on the subway.

But of course you don't want to hear that, you hate them and you want them dead.

Just like you can find a video (or 10) on youtube of Black teens doing stupid stuff, I could go on youtube and find people of other races doing stupid stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or