U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 03:09 PM

1,369 posts, read 829,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Am so sick of women/parents of all races and sexual preferences believing just because they bred it entitles them to some sort of special status. Rats in the sewers breed and I don't give way to them automatically when encountered on the street either.

What kills me is you see these mothers, parents, fathers, nannies, child minders or whatever coming in a group of two or more abreast and they don't blink; *YOU* are supposed to give way to them and that is *NOT* an option but the expectation. If you do not and try to push through the get all protective to the carriage/stroller and its occupant as if you were going to harm one or both.

New York City streets in particular many of the avenues in Manhattan are narrow enough. Toss in the ever growing number of sidewalk cafes/out door seating and there is barely often a sliver of path to walk upon.

Wait now, this gets even better. You find the same behavior in Central Park where the jogging, walking, chatting Mommie Brigades span entire breath of the loop/drives so that those on bikes, roller blades, joggers or even others merely walking have often no where to go except on the pavement or swerve to avoid. Banning vehicles has really only made things worse as now these people think they can expand to occupy the entire space.
I Hear..👂..Ya! BugsyPal;

Old 09-26-2015, 03:18 PM

18,293 posts, read 11,683,969 times
When I think about it this nonsense extends to more than just strollers. Notice today people seem to take their children *EVERYWHERE* and or often are incapable of getting them to behave.

You and your date, spouse, husband or whatever go for a quiet meal at a nice restaurant at say around 8PM. You are treated to some swinehund running around causing all sorts of chaos. Best its parents can manage is "Johnny use your inside voice" or whatever. Little Johnny clearly is paying them no mind and has totally no fear of his parents because they work for him .

Ditto on airplanes and many other public accommodation/spaces. The former is totally the worst. Nothing is more like Dante's lowest level of Hell than being stuck for five or more hours at 60k feet with a screaming and spoilt child that is allowed pretty much to run wild.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:40 PM

84 posts, read 50,064 times
Quote:
When I think about it this nonsense extends to more than just strollers. Notice today people seem to take their children *EVERYWHERE* and or often are incapable of getting them to behave.

You and your date, spouse, husband or whatever go for a quiet meal at a nice restaurant at say around 8PM. You are treated to some swinehund running around causing all sorts of chaos. Best its parents can manage is "Johnny use your inside voice" or whatever. Little Johnny clearly is paying them no mind and has totally no fear of his parents because they work for him .

Ditto on airplanes and many other public accommodation/spaces. The former is totally the worst. Nothing is more like Dante's lowest level of Hell than being stuck for five or more hours at 60k feet with a screaming and spoilt child that is allowed pretty much to run wild.
Even in the privacy of your own apartment, your peace and quiet is shattered by the screaming and carrying on of children outside or next door, or through the open windows of the building across the street. Kids just NEVER STOP SCREAMING. You'd think they were being murdered all the time. No, not all of us TREASURE the PRECIOUS MUSICAL SOUND of children playing. It's annoying as all hell. JUST SHUT IT UP. Don't make your problem my problem. Keep it contained where it can only affect YOUR life, not the lives of complete strangers.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
So cause you decided to reproduce EVERYONE should stand back out of your way so your stroller as big as 3 people can take over.
How about carrying your child OR having the kid walk once s/he learns how. Parents tend to be lazy and push strollers around with 4 years old cause they lack the patience and energy to keep up with their child.
Well what do expect when many of these parents wait until they darn near ready to collect Social Security to have kids?

Child rearing is exhausting in one's twenties; cannot imagine all these forty or more year old women and men have the necessary mental and physical energy to deal with babies and young children.

Old 09-26-2015, 04:04 PM

84 posts, read 50,064 times
Quote:
Well what do expect when many of these parents wait until they darn near ready to collect Social Security to have kids?

Child rearing is exhausting in one's twenties; cannot imagine all these forty or more year old women and men have the necessary mental and physical energy to deal with babies and young children.
They don't. That's why they sit there pretending nothing's happening while their little hellion drives everyone in the vicinity completely insane.

Old 09-26-2015, 04:48 PM

I GIVE "...💪 PROPS TO THE BROOKLYN MAN...💪"
Props for not causing harm to the idiot couple, and staying out of jail. So the next best thing to do is vent.
And talk sh**t, like most New Yorkers do.

Old 09-26-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:

Agree, but some young parents have the same problem and maybe even worse.

Old 09-26-2015, 05:30 PM

5,717 posts, read 5,166,149 times
Quote:

I don't think its an age thing. I think its just people having children that are very self involved and don't care about anyone besides themselves.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinaNYC View Post
They don't. That's why they sit there pretending nothing's happening while their little hellion drives everyone in the vicinity completely insane.
That is when you go all Medea on their behinds! *LOL*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHE5gxmvEQ8

My mother, grandmothers aunts or whatever were not above setting a kid straight right then and there.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:14 PM

814 posts, read 651,247 times
I do not think showing aggressive behavior in the presence of a baby is a good idea. I do feel the guy had a right to express his feelings after being bumped into without any concern from the parents of the baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or