U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 06:15 PM

10,612 posts, read 20,745,224 times

Advertisements

Last time I was at the hair salon in Queens, a couple came in with a small boy maybe 3 to 4 years old. He screamed bloody murder throughout his whole haircut. Meanwhile, the mother is "comforting" him the whole time, mostly with bribes, like "you want ice cream? We'll get ice cream. You want a lollipop? You can have one. We'll go the park, you love the park. You're ok, you're ok, they're not hurting you. We're going to get ice cream!"

The problem was the kid just screamed louder because he was getting more attention and the more he screamed, the more nice things he was promised. I told my hairdresser the mother should have been giving us ice cream for having to listen to her spoiled child. The only thing my hairdresser (a Queens native) said was "The mother must not be from NY. I can tell." Hahaha. Sounded exactly like everyone on City Data.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:34 PM

6,886 posts, read 7,829,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Beth View Post
I'm gonna go ahead and post the Brooklyn guy's post to the article here. It's long for readers these days who just like to skim, but I found it interesting.

For the skimmers...about half-way down he talks about the stroller incident. The first part is essentially his NYC credentials and the roots of his rage against parasitic transplants. The origin story, if you will.

I must say that I do agree with the part about using the city and contributing nothing.

And how many of you know any of the über-wealthy Euro types ?
Which is another story and not a positive one.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:45 PM

1,369 posts, read 828,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Last time I was at the hair salon in Queens, a couple came in with a small boy maybe 3 to 4 years old. He screamed bloody murder throughout his whole haircut. Meanwhile, the mother is "comforting" him the whole time, mostly with bribes, like "you want ice cream? We'll get ice cream. You want a lollipop? You can have one. We'll go the park, you love the park. You're ok, you're ok, they're not hurting you. We're going to get ice cream!"

The problem was the kid just screamed louder because he was getting more attention and the more he screamed, the more nice things he was promised. I told my hairdresser the mother should have been giving us ice cream for having to listen to her spoiled child. The only thing my hairdresser (a Queens native) said was "The mother must not be from NY. I can tell." Hahaha. Sounded exactly like everyone on City Data.
To bad because back in the days a few knuckles upside the head would have silence him. That is what some
Children need today. But now they call it child abuse. So what's up with adult abuse?

Old 09-27-2015, 05:12 AM

571 posts, read 642,867 times
This guy is a loon. Read his manifesto, he's pretty far gone. Maybe his friend Lamont died because he was a drug addict who made wreckless decisions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or