U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 08:50 AM

484 posts, read 388,949 times

Advertisements

Dear Norwood Boy:

Thanks for those statistics. It was disquieting to see the rise in rape rates for this year. That and robbery are the two crimes that I'm most worried about. Seems they are the two on the increase in Pelham this year. On the other hand, it's great to see a continuing decrease in all the other crimes, a sterling and it seem, a continuing accomplishment.

Visited both blocks last night between 11 and 1 AM. Both seemed very quiet, which is an excellent sign.

However, given those crime statistics, if I end up moving there, will be extremely wary when on the street.

Forwarned is forarmed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 01:59 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,080,727 times
Stat's tell part of the story. You would have to go to the PCT to see what section of the Pct where most of the crime occurs. For the most part, the area is very nice IMO. Pelham Gardens and Morris Park proper being the nicest in my humble opinion.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:18 AM

484 posts, read 388,949 times
Default Great suggestion

Didn't know one could go to the precinct to see the stats in more detail. Excellent suggestion, will definitely follow up on that.

Went to look at the building outside yesterday, wasn't impressed with the maintenance. Have apt. to see the apartment this afternoon. If the building doesn't look well maintained inside, the search will continue.

Your suggestion to go to the precinct is invaluable.
Thank you!

Old 09-29-2015, 09:41 AM

8,475 posts, read 20,330,417 times
If you are still looking,some apartments in the area in well maintained buildings and without broker fees:

1 Bedroom Apartment in Pelham Parkway, The Bronx - LARGE SUNNY 1 BED!

1 Bedroom Apartment in Pelham Parkway, The Bronx - RENOVATED 1 BED With DEN!

1 Bedroom Apartment in Pelham Parkway, The Bronx - RENOVATED 1 BED with DEN!

Maxx Listings

Old 09-29-2015, 11:25 AM

2,228 posts, read 3,080,727 times
Blue, How are the building along PP but towards Eastchester Rd or towards the horse stables? I was actually just on MP Ave but up near Lorreto Park .

Old 09-29-2015, 12:17 PM

2,126 posts, read 1,377,995 times
I'm also curious as to those closer to the 2 at White Plains Rd and Pelham Parkway, though I'm more interested in the ones to buy. It's more long term expectation that the area won't increase in value much in the next 5 years, but I often see places like Hastings Hall offer very cheap co-ops. Walking around only says so much vs being in the buildings.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
I'm also curious as to those closer to the 2 at White Plains Rd and Pelham Parkway, though I'm more interested in the ones to buy. It's more long term expectation that the area won't increase in value much in the next 5 years, but I often see places like Hastings Hall offer very cheap co-ops. Walking around only says so much vs being in the buildings.
The better co op and condo buildings are North of Pelham Parkway,South of Waring between Olinville Ave and Bronx Park East.

The buildings on the 1st blocks South of Pelham Parkway East of White Plains Rd tend to have a lot of maintenance issues.Some ok buildings further down those streets( South of Lydig) and especially Brady Court. I looked at places in Hastings and was turned off by the building condition.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
Blue, How are the building along PP but towards Eastchester Rd or towards the horse stables? I was actually just on MP Ave but up near Lorreto Park .
1540 PP is a good building,the other ones( 1550?,1560?) have a different landlord and are ok but not great. Also there is a nice building on Eastchester,just South of PP across from the 49.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:18 PM

1,172 posts, read 1,133,089 times
Wow it's so crazy what those Godfarb apts have gotten up to - I know I've said this before but you posted these a few years ago and they were $1200!!!!!!! Neighborhood may be decent but that's ridiculous.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizfromtheBronx View Post
Wow it's so crazy what those Godfarb apts have gotten up to - I know I've said this before but you posted these a few years ago and they were $1200!!!!!!! Neighborhood may be decent but that's ridiculous.
I agree but it's not just the Goldfarb places.When I moved into the neighborhood in 2009 1 br's were $950 ! So glad I bought.The rents just keep going up by the month it seems.

Last edited by bluedog2; 09-29-2015 at 01:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or