Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 03:55 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,073,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Man that 2 train sucks.......it hits every stop man smh
Tell me about it. Sometimes I think it could be faster to take the 5 to 42 st and then shuttle over but I hate changes unless it's just cross platform and the other train is right there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 04:20 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,689,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Tell me about it. Sometimes I think it could be faster to take the 5 to 42 st and then shuttle over but I hate changes unless it's just cross platform and the other train is right there.
Least you got the option. Norwood has the IRT 4 or IND D. BTW you grab the 2 on WPR, Where is the 5 train stop? Also is Metro North getting a station in MP or PP?

Old 09-30-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
Least you got the option. Norwood has the IRT 4 or IND D. BTW you grab the 2 on WPR, Where is the 5 train stop? Also is Metro North getting a station in MP or PP?
The 5 express trains start at Nereid and run on WP rd too so the WP Rd stations North of 180 st have both trains.When the express trains aren't running you have to take the 2 to 180 and switch to a Dyre Ave line 5 or walk to the Morris Park stop or the other PP 5 stop at Williamsbridge Rd.

There is going to be a metro north Morris Park stop in a couple of years but not sure I would use it much because I can get to the Fordham metro north in 10 mins on the Bx12 SBS now.The MP stop will be near the intersection of MP Ave and Eastchester Rd. Am hoping those trains will provide a way to get to Queens though without going through Manhattan. It would be great if there is a connection to LaGuardia,Queens subway lines and LIRR as it loops through Astoria and Woodside.

Last edited by bluedog2; 09-30-2015 at 04:53 PM..

Old 10-01-2015, 09:20 AM

1,602 posts, read 1,914,784 times
I commute from Country Club to Penn Station. I can either:

take the 8 bus to Buhre Ave, or the 24 bus to Pelham Bay Station, and get on the 6 at the beginning of the line. Transfer to the 4/5 at 125th, and then transfer again to the N/Q at 59th St. Takes about 90 min on an average day, with lots of schlepping and transfers. And most days aren't average on the green lines, sadly.

take the express bus from my corner to 34th St, and walk over. Typical ride on the way to work is 2 hours, and about 75 minutes on the way home. Plus a decent walk to/from the bus stop.

drive (this is what I do most days). Takes about 75 minutes in the morning, an hour in the evening. I am alone in my car, with my music, and I can change lanes any time I want to. Costs a little more, but not as much as you would think. Obviously there are days where it takes a lot longer (had a day recently where I was in the car for 4 hours total to go 30 miles round trip - fun!), but sometimes days where it's shorter (Most of last week, I averaged 40 minutes each way).

From Country Club/TN/PB....it's just not possible to have a decent commute into Manhattan unless you go in very early.

I have gone out to Astoria a few times after work, and from my desk to where I was going (about a 10 min walk from Ditmars station), it took 50 minutes tops - that was with delays and stopping at 3 different MetroCard machines to try to top off my card. Sounds a lot more appealing.

I'm not really sure my point is, haha. Just trying to give some insight on why I feel the way I do about living in the Bronx right now. Just not working for my life. May work just fine for someone else with a different commute etc.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:27 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,237,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizfromtheBronx View Post
. Just trying to give some insight on why I feel the way I do about living in one of the most remote inaccessible areas of the Bronx right now. Just not working for my life. May work just fine for someone else with a different commute etc.
fixed your post

Old 10-02-2015, 12:15 PM

1,602 posts, read 1,914,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by high iron View Post
fixed your post
Ha! Truth!

Old 03-07-2016, 01:42 AM

39 posts, read 255,195 times
Hi Bluedog2,

I wanted to get your opinion on Brady Court. I'm thinking of purchasing a place there. I'm also looking at 2190 Boston Rd & 2160 Bronx Park East. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjasmineo View Post
Hi Bluedog2,

I wanted to get your opinion on Brady Court. I'm thinking of purchasing a place there. I'm also looking at 2190 Boston Rd & 2160 Bronx Park East. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
There is something very appealing about Brady Court but they have had a lot of management issues with some shareholders claiming mis appropriation of funds,etc . This might be old news and resolved at this point but do your due diligence.

2190 Boston Road and 2160 Bronx Park East seem pretty much the same physically and financially and both have some apartments with great Bronx Park views but I haven't spent enough time in either building to get a feel for the culture of the buildings . Somehow thinking 2190 is a bit better but not sure.

Have you looked at any co ops North of Pelham Parkway? .... Like 601 Pelham Parkway North or 665 Thwaites?

Old 03-07-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
There is something very appealing about Brady Court but they have had a lot of management issues with some shareholders claiming mis appropriation of funds,etc . This might be old news and resolved at this point but do your due diligence.

2190 Boston Road and 2160 Bronx Park East seem pretty much the same physically and financially and both have some apartments with great Bronx Park views but I haven't spent enough time in either building to get a feel for the culture of the buildings . Somehow thinking 2190 is a bit better but not sure.

Have you looked at any co ops North of Pelham Parkway? .... Like 601 Pelham Parkway North or 665 Thwaites?
I haven't seen any opening in any of those buildings. I need a 2 bedroom. I also have a pretty tight budget.

Old 03-07-2016, 01:01 PM

I just found a place at Thwaites. It was just listed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City