Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 01:17 PM

861 posts, read 852,442 times

Advertisements

Hello Folks,

Just got back to NYC, after a stint in London and I can say that New York seems so dirty of late.

I hang around off Broadway in the Upper West and I cannot recall the sidewalks being so filthy. UWS used to be as clean as UES for the most part, but now it has gone downhill.

I am Democrat in terms of my politics, but I don't recall parts of New York looking like this under Bloomberg

Maybe it is just me, but what on earth is going on..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 01:20 PM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nograviti View Post
Hello Folks,

Just got back to NYC, after a stint in London and I can say that New York seems so dirty of late.

I hang around off Broadway in the Upper West and I cannot recall the sidewalks being so filthy. UWS used to be as clean as UES for the most part, but now it has gone downhill.

I am Democrat in terms of my politics, but I don't recall parts of New York looking like this under Bloomberg

Maybe because school is back in session?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-02-2015, 01:34 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
Quote:
Hello Folks,

UWS is gonna turn back into the needle park days. So many beggars all over the place strung out.

Funny how UWS 20 years ago was artists, then the families moved in and away went many of the artists.
Now these families pay so much to live their and they think their own the sidewalk with their strollers but they don't. The strung out beggars now own the sidewalk again.

Old 10-02-2015, 04:13 PM

769 posts, read 1,015,017 times
The sidewalks may be dirtier, but there are far less potholes, and road repairs happen quicker.

Would rather have the latter, so I don't bend anymore alloy wheels at $2500 a piece.

Old 10-02-2015, 04:21 PM

4,773 posts, read 6,571,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughhnyc View Post
The sidewalks may be dirtier, but there are far less potholes, and road repairs happen quicker.

Would rather have the latter, so I don't bend anymore alloy wheels at $2500 a piece.
I'm glad you're happy, but the streets near me are terrible! They've been badly patched, but they need a resurfacing.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:33 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Blame de blasio. I don't blame him but ignorant posters who read NY daily news and NY post will.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:49 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
UWS has always been sketchy IMHO. Was just over there Thursday and it really is the same thing; you can go only one block and things change like *that*. In general the further away you get from CPW or Columbus the worse things get. Things get nicer again when you reach West End Avenue.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:52 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Hello Folks,

oh yes it was.

bloomberg did many things,

but cleanliness was not on his list. please.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:53 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,470,242 times
NYC dirty, you don't say lol haaaaaa

Old 10-02-2015, 08:02 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
UWS has always been sketchy IMHO. Was just over there Thursday and it really is the same thing; you can go only one block and things change like *that*. In general the further away you get from CPW or Columbus the worse things get. Things get nicer again when you reach West End Avenue.
Sadly now so many places on Bway and Amsterdam are out of business now probably due to the increase in rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City