U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2016, 12:02 PM

99 posts, read 117,691 times

Advertisements

Aware of it. I was just thinking that more transparency is necessary to potential tenants since the VIA is supposed to pioneer a new rejuvenation of the northern west side. I have been living right next to the East River for a few years now, so I understand the challenges of keeping ppl away from 5th Ave. An e-mail with possible delay(s) would be nice. For now all that I can theorize on the hiatus is that it "is in the middle of its last bit of construction." -ny.curbed.com (8/2/2016) -- Hearsay is all I can present atm your honor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 09:29 PM

5,676 posts, read 5,151,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water_Nintendo64 View Post
Aware of it. I was just thinking that more transparency is necessary to potential tenants since the VIA is supposed to pioneer a new rejuvenation of the northern west side. I have been living right next to the East River for a few years now, so I understand the challenges of keeping ppl away from 5th Ave. An e-mail with possible delay(s) would be nice. For now all that I can theorize on the hiatus is that it "is in the middle of its last bit of construction." -ny.curbed.com (8/2/2016) -- Hearsay is all I can present atm your honor.
There are already people market rate and the 20% living there. I think you just have some imagination and use it to ponder a lot lol.
Best bet when dealing with these 80/20 is not to think about it, continue on with your life and if you get a call one day you are approved... jump for joy. If you never heard back so be it cause your weren't spending all your time and energy thinking about it.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:41 AM

107 posts, read 197,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
There are already people market rate and the 20% living there. I think you just have some imagination and use it to ponder a lot lol.
Best bet when dealing with these 80/20 is not to think about it, continue on with your life and if you get a call one day you are approved... jump for joy. If you never heard back so be it cause your weren't spending all your time and energy thinking about it.
Nicely said!!!!!

Old 08-09-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
People sometimes do tend to think a lot when they are under stress. I just think it is odd to not hear back at all even if no rejection letter came in the mail.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
People sometimes do tend to think a lot when they are under stress. I just think it is odd to not hear back at all even if no rejection letter came in the mail.
It is odd not to hear at all, we will hear back either with a good news or a bad one. I dont count on getting this building, I have been in this process once before and it was totally different then this one, it was nice and pleasured . Yes it was a long process but it was very pleasured to work with the handler who processed my application, I cant say the same about this building...

Old 08-10-2016, 09:21 AM

5,676 posts, read 5,151,203 times
Quote:
These lotteries take time, lots and lots of time. If you don't have it then you shouldn't apply. You will hear back once they are able to tell you something.
The issue is you have been saying from the beginning that you see yourself in this building and can't wait to move in and will ignore any other lotteries. Now don't get me wrong I believe in positive energy but you are letting this one building control your life. Absolutely don't stop applying for other buildings or going into interviews if you get called. IF you REALLY NEED affordable housing you will take whatever building is offered in whatever neighborhood! Just because they asked you to send in your info does not make you a shoe in for getting an apartment. I have been to several interviews and didn't get it. They fine comb tooth everything about your life and your financials. Point is you will make your self sick worrying and stressing over something you have no control over.
Also how old are you? Maybe consider getting an apartment without your mother.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychh View Post
It is odd not to hear at all, we will hear back either with a good news or a bad one. I dont count on getting this building, I have been in this process once before and it was totally different then this one, it was nice and pleasured . Yes it was a long process but it was very pleasured to work with the handler who processed my application, I cant say the same about this building...
It might be the process, then. It's our first 80/20, so we're going in blind. Currently, someone in my family has a slight disability so I take care of them from time to time, but not enough to warrant a privilege for preference. I am willing to wait patiently like anyone else if necessary. Nobody should be allowed to assume another person's situation without knowing the person. Maybe we should wait a few more months and see if we hear anything at all by then.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:31 AM

13 posts, read 12,222 times
does anyone know if this lottery considers school loans as debt when they check your credit score? or do they only count credit debt?

Old 08-19-2016, 10:36 AM

1,688 posts, read 1,659,276 times
Yes, school loans are counted as debt. If they are on your credit report, they will be counted.

Get a copy of your credit report (it's a good idea for all of us to look at it periodically, anyway) and see.

A friend of mine was called for a lottery last year, and her three school loans were on there.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Yes, school loans are counted as debt. If they are on your credit report, they will be counted.

Get a copy of your credit report (it's a good idea for all of us to look at it periodically, anyway) and see.

A friend of mine was called for a lottery last year, and her three school loans were on there.
Speaking about credit. I just closed one of my credit card and my score drooped 40 pints , now my score is 680 . Sucks, some developments are asking for above 700 I hope that this one not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or