U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2016, 07:57 PM

5,676 posts, read 5,151,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychh View Post
Speaking about credit. I just closed one of my credit card and my score drooped 40 pints , now my score is 680 . Sucks, some developments are asking for above 700 I hope that this one not.
Yea they don't recommend you close your cards. Keep them open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 08:32 AM

107 posts, read 197,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Yea they don't recommend you close your cards. Keep them open.
It was a stupid mistake, I hope I'll be called for an interview no sooner then two months, my score will jump again in two months...
Any of you who have been in an interview do you know the score minimum required?

Old 08-21-2016, 10:01 AM

5 posts, read 3,680 times
Somebody please tell me how do get the application. I want to apply and i have a realtor agent i qualify

Old 08-21-2016, 07:37 PM

107 posts, read 197,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgodfreydeveraveteran View Post
Somebody please tell me how do get the application. I want to apply and i have a realtor agent i qualify
Dead line for the application was 10/2015

Old 08-25-2016, 05:30 PM

2,684 posts, read 960,581 times
We just this week got an e-mail asking for documentation. My application # was 57xxx or thereabouts and my log # is 18xx. They said we were "randomly selected" to submit documents. I was pretty surprised, knowing all the people just on here waiting to hear anything, and knowing they only have 142 apartments, some of which are already taken. I can't believe that with all the people in this city who need an affordable place to live that it would take them this long to fill 142 apartments. Self employment, schedule C, 1099 all apply in our case, too, so I expect to go through a lot of aggro. I have no expectations, but will let everyone know what happens.

Old 08-27-2016, 04:46 PM

17 posts, read 20,745 times
Did anyone who applied through the affordable housing, actually get chosen? And have an interview yet? I had a unit viewing and the apartments are nice ofcourse not much of a view(which I expected)amenities were way too expensive($900 a year which was the "low income discount" as opposed to the 1,000 a month for the other tenants.

Old 08-27-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychh View Post
It was a stupid mistake, I hope I'll be called for an interview no sooner then two months, my score will jump again in two months...
Any of you who have been in an interview do you know the score minimum required?
The interviewer never told me what score you have to have but my score was in your range and I went on to have an interview. You should be fine

Old 08-27-2016, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justdoit1989 View Post
Did anyone who applied through the affordable housing, actually get chosen? And have an interview yet? I had a unit viewing and the apartments are nice ofcourse not much of a view(which I expected)amenities were way too expensive($900 a year which was the "low income discount" as opposed to the 1,000 a month for the other tenants.
What amenities does that include, gym, lounge, roof, etc? $900 for the year is not bad, my friend is in an 80/20 and they have no discount for the lower people and she has to pay $100 a month. $75 is on point with gym like NYSC, Crunch etc.

The units look to be quite small with not much living space, especially in the studios. What size did you look at? Did it have good closet space?

Old 08-27-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
What amenities does that include, gym, lounge, roof, etc? $900 for the year is not bad, my friend is in an 80/20 and they have no discount for the lower people and she has to pay $100 a month. $75 is on point with gym like NYSC, Crunch etc.

The units look to be quite small with not much living space, especially in the studios. What size did you look at? Did it have good closet space?
I believe the amenities included gym, pool, basketball court, golf course simulator and a couple other things. Don't get me wrong that's not a bad price at all when you do the math. However, they said you would have to pay the full $900 up front. On top of having to spend money on carpet installation(yes you MUST have carpet)for the unit, that's just too much money on top of a deposit also. Yes, the units weren't as big as I imagined, but here in NYC everything seems to be getting smaller & I saw a one bedroom. The kitchen/living room were combined which I didn't like and there were two closets which were decent sized.

Last edited by Justdoit1989; 08-27-2016 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: Left out information

Old 08-27-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justdoit1989 View Post
I believe the amenities included gym, pool, basketball court, golf course simulator and a couple other things. Don't get me wrong that's not a bad price at all when you do the math. However, they said you would have to pay the full $900 up front. On top of having to spend money on carpet installation(yes you MUST have carpet)for the unit, that's just too much money on top of a deposit also. Yes, the units weren't as big as I imagined, but here in NYC everything seems to be getting smaller & I saw a one bedroom. The kitchen/living room were combined which I didn't like and there were two closets which were decent sized.
My friend had to have carpet installed in her apt 80/20 apt too. Well actually they just installed it so she didn't pay.
Whats sad is the the think the "poor" people make too much noise so they have to have carpet so they don't bother the people below them. Mean while the people above them can keep the wood floor and make as much noise as possible.

Last edited by livingsinglenyc; 08-27-2016 at 08:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or