U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-12-2016, 07:21 AM
 
12 posts, read 19,840 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
What size apt and what income bracket were you in?
2 bedroom and $25,200-$27,640. It make sense, because I see only two apt available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-12-2016, 08:31 AM
 
5,714 posts, read 5,166,149 times
Reputation: 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchen42 View Post
2 bedroom and $25,200-$27,640. It make sense, because I see only two apt available.
Yes I was going to say the larger apartments for lotteries usually go fast. But don't give up keep on the waiting list and trying for other apartments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2016, 09:53 AM
 
107 posts, read 197,947 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchen42 View Post
2 bedroom and $25,200-$27,640. It make sense, because I see only two apt available.
IM Waiting to hear about the 2bd as well but my bracket is 31,492 - $38,850 i think the 2bd are gone, i had an interview almost 2 months ago and they ran my credit a month ago, still didnt hear anything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2016, 10:02 AM
 
5,714 posts, read 5,166,149 times
Reputation: 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by nychh View Post
IM Waiting to hear about the 2bd as well but my bracket is 31,492 - $38,850 i think the 2bd are gone, i had an interview almost 2 months ago and they ran my credit a month ago, still didnt hear anything
I think thats a good thing. My guess is they haven't got to your number yet. They must have people in front of your log in number they are still sorting things out with. So your still in it. Getting the rejection letter or waiting list letter is when its over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2016, 03:16 PM
 
17 posts, read 20,768 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I think thats a good thing. My guess is they haven't got to your number yet. They must have people in front of your log in number they are still sorting things out with. So your still in it. Getting the rejection letter or waiting list letter is when its over.
I agree with livingsingle. I interviewed also, and didn't hear anything back for a while. I figured the units had filled up already, then I checked my email and had received an email for a unit viewing. Don't lose hope!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2016, 06:11 PM
 
19 posts, read 39,571 times
Reputation: 14
Hello guys! I had posted before and I got the letter back (the first one was due to household compromised to full time student) I then sent necessary documents and was placed low priority. The thing is: this second letter said that I was denied in the first place because I had high income, but the first letter didn't say ANYTHING about not meeting the income bracket.. Is this a mistake they made? I feel like I should talk to them about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2016, 06:31 PM
 
107 posts, read 197,947 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justdoit1989 View Post
I agree with livingsingle. I interviewed also, and didn't hear anything back for a while. I figured the units had filled up already, then I checked my email and had received an email for a unit viewing. Don't lose hope!!
e have been just called for a unit viewed ... well what is it to see? I can say yes over the phone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2016, 06:36 PM
 
5,714 posts, read 5,166,149 times
Reputation: 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by nychh View Post
e have been just called for a unit viewed ... well what is it to see? I can say yes over the phone
I know who'd go through all this and then see "their" unit and say NO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2016, 07:15 PM
 
17 posts, read 20,768 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nychh View Post
e have been just called for a unit viewed ... well what is it to see? I can say yes over the phone
Haha that's what I thought BUT they show you two units. I saw two one bedroom units, one which was larger than the other(both same price). I honestly don't see the point of showing the smaller unit but maybe someone might want smaller square footage(I guess *shrugs*).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2016, 03:12 PM
 
5,714 posts, read 5,166,149 times
Reputation: 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justdoit1989 View Post
Haha that's what I thought BUT they show you two units. I saw two one bedroom units, one which was larger than the other(both same price). I honestly don't see the point of showing the smaller unit but maybe someone might want smaller square footage(I guess *shrugs*).
Ah ok if they show you two units to choose from I get it. The square footage probably isn't dramatically different so someone may prefer one layout over another. Or one may be closer to the elevator or garbage shot or whatever. Some may prefer this and some may want to be further away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top