U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-12-2017, 06:53 PM
 
16 posts, read 16,797 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

Hi guys, finally I heard from them and guess what, they put me on the waiting list. Well still hope for the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-13-2017, 06:48 AM
 
91 posts, read 130,406 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratapVIA57 View Post
Hi guys, finally I heard from them and guess what, they put me on the waiting list. Well still hope for the best.
We are all on waitlist! thats sucks, my log is 1600
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2017, 08:32 PM
 
16 posts, read 16,797 times
Reputation: 11
not sure why it takes so much time and at the end most of us on a waiting list. hope that waiting will not take much time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2017, 08:45 PM
 
17 posts, read 19,952 times
Reputation: 11
My log is #6XX. It is the first time that I apply affordable housing. After applying VIA, I applied 20+ apartments, their log are 2XXXX to 8XXXX. I think I am lucky when I am noted to have a interview last May. One day of last June, I passed the interview. Just a week after interview, I am noted that I am on the waiting list because the 2 bedroom apartment is out.

3 weeks ago, they noted me to update my files because there are more apartments available. The deadline is March 31. I am not sure if there is a new interview. There is no news for 2 weeks. I hope that waiting will not take much time to get lease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2017, 08:50 AM
 
91 posts, read 130,406 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandbon View Post
My log is #6XX. It is the first time that I apply affordable housing. After applying VIA, I applied 20+ apartments, their log are 2XXXX to 8XXXX. I think I am lucky when I am noted to have a interview last May. One day of last June, I passed the interview. Just a week after interview, I am noted that I am on the waiting list because the 2 bedroom apartment is out.

3 weeks ago, they noted me to update my files because there are more apartments available. The deadline is March 31. I am not sure if there is a new interview. There is no news for 2 weeks. I hope that waiting will not take much time to get lease.
Great, my log is not that far from you. Maybe they will contact me as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2017, 02:24 AM
 
99 posts, read 117,691 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandbon View Post
My log is #6XX. It is the first time that I apply affordable housing. After applying VIA, I applied 20+ apartments, their log are 2XXXX to 8XXXX. I think I am lucky when I am noted to have a interview last May. One day of last June, I passed the interview. Just a week after interview, I am noted that I am on the waiting list because the 2 bedroom apartment is out.

3 weeks ago, they noted me to update my files because there are more apartments available. The deadline is March 31. I am not sure if there is a new interview. There is no news for 2 weeks. I hope that waiting will not take much time to get lease.
Good morning. Whoa that's so like the same situation i'm in right now. The deadline was the 31st for us as well. Just to comfort you we didn't have any new interview either thus far, because I know these small details are crucial. Interesting though, you're log 6xx and we're 9xx, so i guess it might be a group thing, then? We haven't had anyone contact us in 2 weeks either. We recently e-mail our eligibility specialist just to see what's going on. it looks like we're still waiting to be contacted.

Interesting, just interesting -- I can assume based on this pattern that they're probably adding more people into this group thing. I suppose it is the only logical conclusion since we're still stuck in limbo without any contact? If that's true, then they're probably looking into the 1k+ logs, and hlch isn't too far off


Yup, that's all I remember at the moment. My head is killing me. Gotta get up in 6 hours for service. Night guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2017, 02:17 PM
 
91 posts, read 130,406 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water_Nintendo64 View Post
Good morning. Whoa that's so like the same situation i'm in right now. The deadline was the 31st for us as well. Just to comfort you we didn't have any new interview either thus far, because I know these small details are crucial. Interesting though, you're log 6xx and we're 9xx, so i guess it might be a group thing, then? We haven't had anyone contact us in 2 weeks either. We recently e-mail our eligibility specialist just to see what's going on. it looks like we're still waiting to be contacted.

Interesting, just interesting -- I can assume based on this pattern that they're probably adding more people into this group thing. I suppose it is the only logical conclusion since we're still stuck in limbo without any contact? If that's true, then they're probably looking into the 1k+ logs, and hlch isn't too far off


Yup, that's all I remember at the moment. My head is killing me. Gotta get up in 6 hours for service. Night guys.
They just like to messed up with people. They keep emaling people about more apartments available and then nothing. I havent been contact yet, strange I've been told that Im im a high priority and Ill be the first to contact if any apartment will become available so far I see avreybody has been contacted by me... they are so unprofessional
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2017, 06:59 PM
 
18,242 posts, read 11,645,412 times
Reputation: 11850
Nearly all luxury/high end apartment buildings in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens are having the same issues; too much supply chasing after too few tenants. As such concessions and other goodies are the rule to get well heeled tenants to sign leases.


Via W57 has no shortage of low income tenant prospects; that they've got in spades. What apparently they do need more of are market rate tenants to carry the rest of building.


https://therealdeal.com/2017/04/14/r...s-in-the-foot/


It just so happens if you can afford to pay market rate rents now is a particularly good time to be looking to rent an apartment. There is tons of supply, and more coming on line each month.


What is also happening is no shortage of New Yorkers after looking at what is on offer in the City are choosing to buy in the suburbs instead. This is particularly true for households with children. This is worrisome to many developers because no shortage of new construction is made up of two, three bedroom and other large apartments that were designed in theory for families.


However the areas many of these buildings are located just aren't "there" amenity wise (read good to excellent schools, parks, etc....).


The Far West Side is a particular worry because not only has there been so much new construction, more, much more is coming including the huge Hudson Yards project.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2017, 06:15 AM
 
17 posts, read 19,952 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water_Nintendo64 View Post
Good morning. Whoa that's so like the same situation i'm in right now. The deadline was the 31st for us as well. Just to comfort you we didn't have any new interview either thus far, because I know these small details are crucial. Interesting though, you're log 6xx and we're 9xx, so i guess it might be a group thing, then? We haven't had anyone contact us in 2 weeks either. We recently e-mail our eligibility specialist just to see what's going on. it looks like we're still waiting to be contacted.

Interesting, just interesting -- I can assume based on this pattern that they're probably adding more people into this group thing. I suppose it is the only logical conclusion since we're still stuck in limbo without any contact? If that's true, then they're probably looking into the 1k+ logs, and hlch isn't too far off


Yup, that's all I remember at the moment. My head is killing me. Gotta get up in 6 hours for service. Night guys.
Which bracket are you on the waiting list? I think I have been qualified for 2 bedroom, because their lease specialist contacted me to update bank assets form. Next step should be city's approving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2017, 06:31 AM
 
99 posts, read 117,691 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Nearly all luxury/high end apartment buildings in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens are having the same issues; too much supply chasing after too few tenants. As such concessions and other goodies are the rule to get well heeled tenants to sign leases.


Via W57 has no shortage of low income tenant prospects; that they've got in spades. What apparently they do need more of are market rate tenants to carry the rest of building.


https://therealdeal.com/2017/04/14/r...s-in-the-foot/


It just so happens if you can afford to pay market rate rents now is a particularly good time to be looking to rent an apartment. There is tons of supply, and more coming on line each month.


What is also happening is no shortage of New Yorkers after looking at what is on offer in the City are choosing to buy in the suburbs instead. This is particularly true for households with children. This is worrisome to many developers because no shortage of new construction is made up of two, three bedroom and other large apartments that were designed in theory for families.


However the areas many of these buildings are located just aren't "there" amenity wise (read good to excellent schools, parks, etc....).


The Far West Side is a particular worry because not only has there been so much new construction, more, much more is coming including the huge Hudson Yards project.
Hmm, as I mentioned back earlier last year being on the opposite end of the spectrum of avenues will be a tough sell -- more of an investment on a future idea. The thing is, sooner or later places like the VIA will be considered a norm. It could be in 10, 100 or even 1,000 years from now -- but you know what they said in the past: the Internet will equate to nothing. And the VIA is here in the now of today, so they need to make money and hopefully they can pioneer that artistic future in-between if society is willing to embrace it this early. People will find humor of it, but who doesn't the spirit to pioneer a new future?


You do bring up an important point in regards to venue(school locations, etc.). To me the market rate rent is a lot of money, so one would think that the tenants would want the best bang for their buck, and accessibility to the best facilities nearby.

Secondly, the whole reduced rent tactic for new tenants won't work either, because current ones will want to bargain, so it is time to think outside the box. Maybe landlords need to do new things, such as manually find targeted tenants that will be willing to move in with a family and pay the full market rate? Find families or at least the eldest son/daughter that is in love with wanting to live in New york City? I could dive deeper into the water ,but you get the gist of it.

Lastly, security and family safety. People know how to use google. If it looks safe then that's a step in the right direction. They also want peaceful neighbors. The people next door to where I currently live let out their kids everyday in the hallway. That's how safe my floor is. I know the VIA is supposed to encompass a 709 family friendly environment, so the problem isn't failure, it is trying to find the large numbers of families out there whom are willing to move in right now and pay market rent. As far as the VIA is concerned, it might be best to look for families in other countries that might want to permanently want to live in Manhattan. I'm pretty sure there are a bunch out there, and doing so might not be cost-effective, but the extra apartments are sitting there not collecting rent, so let's hope for the best.

Thanks for the article read, btw; it was nourishing. They are indeed in quandary, but 709 units (not counting the studios) isn't that big of a number compared to the population of this planet, so somewhere out there is a prospective family that might want to hop on the Manhattan band wagon.


I just hope everyone here gets to move in soon, because I think creating a positive image/brand is the first step forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top