U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2017, 11:40 AM

994 posts, read 740,642 times

Advertisements

Any stories from residents - to wet the appetite of the rest of us (me)? specifically if you are in a studio? type (alcove), location (north, south, courtyard), amenities?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 09:11 PM

99 posts, read 129,965 times
Hmm, I have sent a follow up message to BG a month ago about something I was told that was very important, but no response since then. And everything was going so smoothly since then -- i'm not sure what happened? Kinda in a confused roller coaster since the last 3 weeks waiting for my response. Only because it has been an entire month, and no response to a simple question, lol. I re-sent the question today in hopes it goes through!

Old 09-20-2017, 04:55 PM

99 posts, read 129,965 times
They got back to me today! I blame myself for writing a long letter to them a month ago. I think the question I was asking didn't stick out, so they didn't notice. My question got answered as soon as I woke up this morning. Well, i'm going on Hiatus, then. I'll post if I get any new updates. Take care guys

Old 10-26-2017, 11:04 AM

30 posts, read 31,277 times
New Log Numbers are out on Housing Connect

I'm ≈#6K

Old 01-04-2018, 06:23 PM

8 posts, read 8,293 times
Has Anybody moved in that can show photos of the studio or one bedroom ? I have an appointment soon and wanted to get an idea of the size of the units?

Old 01-14-2018, 12:19 AM

5 posts, read 4,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandoragem View Post
Has Anybody moved in that can show photos of the studio or one bedroom ? I have an appointment soon and wanted to get an idea of the size of the units?
Nice! What log number are you? What docs did they ask for exactly? My friend has a low log number and might be contacted. So jealous

Old 01-17-2018, 12:04 AM

I have a high log number but it seems no good for this lottery . I found out that this lottery was for 90% ami not sure what happend to the 20-25% apartments ?. Did I miss the first lottery back in October 2015? I’ve been applying for a long time and I swear I never came across via 57 until they posted it online last year . Now I’ve been reading on this forum and see people have won the porocess early on but when and what was the first lottery called ? I’m sadden cause they sent me the first ami with my invitation but when I got to the interview it was for 90% and up ;(...

Old 01-17-2018, 12:11 AM

I wish someone can explain was it just by mail only back in 2015 or was it also on the website . I’ve read on some other sites that it was haulted and then these new changes happen to this lottery. So not sure but heartbroken. this is the second attempt to moving into Hell’s Kitchen area, My first was sky 42, my application got accepted then after a few weeks came a letter of rejection due to my mother applying and placing just my name on her application and for that they disqualified me . I swear this is hard on the emotions and I know most say try not to think about it but you can’t help but do so. Best of luck to you all and I’m glad some of us get that far into the process to claim there dream home ������

Old 01-17-2018, 01:58 PM

6,336 posts, read 5,822,438 times
Quote:
I have a high log number but it seems no good for this lottery . I found out that this lottery was for 90% ami not sure what happend to the 20-25% apartments ?. Did I miss the first lottery back in October 2015? Iíve been applying for a long time and I swear I never came across via 57 until they posted it online last year . Now Iíve been reading on this forum and see people have won the porocess early on but when and what was the first lottery called ? Iím sadden cause they sent me the first ami with my invitation but when I got to the interview it was for 90% and up ;(...
Quote:
I wish someone can explain was it just by mail only back in 2015 or was it also on the website . Iíve read on some other sites that it was haulted and then these new changes happen to this lottery. So not sure but heartbroken. this is the second attempt to moving into Hellís Kitchen area, My first was sky 42, my application got accepted then after a few weeks came a letter of rejection due to my mother applying and placing just my name on her application and for that they disqualified me . I swear this is hard on the emotions and I know most say try not to think about it but you canít help but do so. Best of luck to you all and Iím glad some of us get that far into the process to claim there dream home ������
First round was via mail. You need to mail in an application. If your trying to win an affordable apartment you have to put in the work, search for them in papers, online and word of mouth. Not every one is on housing connect.
Winning these apts are not easy and are a lot of work, waiting and patience. You can try for 20 years and never get one. Complaining and feeling sorry for yourself will not get you into one. Only the strong survive!

Old 01-17-2018, 03:32 PM

64 posts, read 43,031 times
Just got notified by email that I've been selected to interview (18XX log).... not sure if I should proceed. The big thing is I won't have access to my birth certificate until a week after the interview. And the other thing I'm not sure what AMI I'll fall into. Tax returns from last year would indicate I'm in the 90% AMI, but I received a bit of a raise and a switch to a freelance position so I'm not sure how much money I made in 2017. Would they just categorize me based on my 2016 tax return or is it some sort of composite calculation made from my recent paystubs and how much money they think I'll make in 2018 or made in 2017?

Also there's only a handful of studio/1bd units left and I could barely afford the $1448 studio in the 90% AMI category (there's 1 left) especially when factoring in my student loans (about $750 on top of my current $850 rent).... then again I've applied to every single lottery i've qualified for in the last 4 years and this is the first time I've heard back from any of them.

Is it worth it to go forward with this? If I could somehow stall for a week to get my birth certificate I would just as a learning experience at the very least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or