U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2018, 01:41 PM

61 posts, read 28,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey23 View Post
It will be somewhere in Queens for the VIA lottery.
Yeah itís in Jamaica
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 04:54 PM

So Iím in the middle of gathering my documents for my interview next week and I was wondering if someone could answer a couple questions?

-Since weíre in tax season, are they expecting me to walk in with my 2017 tax return? Or would 2016 suffice?

-I live with 3 other roommates and I see that under the ďCurrent ApartmentĒ section they say that if you donít rent your own apartment they want notarized letters from the roommates and a copy of their leases... is this only required if youíre subletting? Iím on the lease in my current place so Iím not sure if this applies to me?

-I also rent 2 rooms in my apartment and sublet one of them to my friend who has terrible credit... How will this impact me in terms of the required documents? Would his rent payments count as ďincomeĒ?

-Also do they need statements from ALL deposit accounts I held in 2017? Iíve closed a couple checking accounts and I no longer have access to the statements. Iíve collected the statements from my primary checking and savings accounts... but not sure if I need the other which pretty much has no transactions in them. Just opened them to grab the new account bonuses and closed them.

Iím just getting super paranoid that Iím going to forget something or misinterpret the required documents and get disqualified instantly.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:57 AM

18 posts, read 14,251 times
Nothing yet man. They said i should hear something back within 5 days... could be longer, they seemed busy when i got there, going through paperwork and working with applicants, also saw some people going through their second meeting / "The real interview". But i'll let you guys know if I hear anything.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:07 AM

18 posts, read 14,251 times
- I brought in my 2016 documents since I only received my 2017 W2s the day Friday before my interview (My interview was on Monday). I'm hoping this is okay. But if you're able to file your 2017 stuff before your interview then more power to you.

- I am not too sure about your other questions though. I would just suggest to bring all documents and tbh they do catch everything, so it's better to have it all on paper. ALso email them so you can get some of these questions answered.

Old 01-29-2018, 12:27 PM

2,458 posts, read 1,812,555 times
Rule of thumb - the more recent your documents, the much, much, better, says me - who was involved in three different lotteries.

Old 01-29-2018, 02:50 PM

99 posts, read 117,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamWALRUS77 View Post
Yeah itís in Jamaica
Greetings, Walrus!

My interview was in a completely different venue with BreakingGround, so I can't vouch for how your evaluation will go in Jamaica. What I will say is from my experience--after the aforementioned brick-and-mortar meeting you will still be able to stay in contact with your evaluator in order to update any missing documents via e-mail. Just make sure to do it as quickly as possible. Lastly, be ready to notarize any freelance work that you can't document using their employment verification sheet. May the tides work in your favor!

On a side note, it looks like they're looking through the logs #7xx's and up for the remaining 1BD/Studio atm (based on what I read here so far) and no 2BD/3BD are available since the last time I was contacted about one on Nov'17. The 2BD/3BD also seem be looking at #7xx+. I still haven't been able to move in since i'm #9xx, so i'll update once I hear anything happening. But my guess is they're all already taken or the remaining were moved to phase2 of the lottery, so those Studio/1BD are what's left.

Don't stress too much about it, but also make sure to get whatever they ask in asap.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:32 PM

49 posts, read 34,306 times
Which size apartment were you approved for waternintendo? You must be a very patient person!

Old 01-30-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water_Nintendo64 View Post
Greetings, Walrus!

My interview was in a completely different venue with BreakingGround, so I can't vouch for how your evaluation will go in Jamaica. What I will say is from my experience--after the aforementioned brick-and-mortar meeting you will still be able to stay in contact with your evaluator in order to update any missing documents via e-mail. Just make sure to do it as quickly as possible. Lastly, be ready to notarize any freelance work that you can't document using their employment verification sheet. May the tides work in your favor!

On a side note, it looks like they're looking through the logs #7xx's and up for the remaining 1BD/Studio atm (based on what I read here so far) and no 2BD/3BD are available since the last time I was contacted about one on Nov'17. The 2BD/3BD also seem be looking at #7xx+. I still haven't been able to move in since i'm #9xx, so i'll update once I hear anything happening. But my guess is they're all already taken or the remaining were moved to phase2 of the lottery, so those Studio/1BD are what's left.

Don't stress too much about it, but also make sure to get whatever they ask in asap.
Oh wow so thereís only 9 units available... wonder how many people are in the running for those?

Old 01-31-2018, 11:40 AM

Just dropped off my documents this morning... how long does it take for them to contact you for next steps or a denial? The suspense is killing me.

Also really wished they said they only accept money orders upfront...

Old 01-31-2018, 02:01 PM

8 posts, read 3,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamWALRUS77 View Post
Just dropped off my documents this morning... how long does it take for them to contact you for next steps or a denial? The suspense is killing me.

Also really wished they said they only accept money orders upfront...
Do you know how much we're supposed to bring? the $25 or $50?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or