U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2018, 10:21 AM

49 posts, read 34,188 times

Advertisements

2 Weeks for me and nothin either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 06:56 PM

15 posts, read 18,446 times
They told me 6-8 weeks and I went on the first week in February.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:12 AM

61 posts, read 27,537 times
Anyone get a hard pull on their credit report yet? I have a suspicious feeling they called in a lot of people just to collect $50 per applicant... Probably why they wouldn't accept anything except a money order.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:44 PM

15 posts, read 18,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamWALRUS77 View Post
Anyone get a hard pull on their credit report yet? I have a suspicious feeling they called in a lot of people just to collect $50 per applicant... Probably why they wouldn't accept anything except a money order.
I have the same suspicion. According to the manual on how these things are supposed to be conducted they are not supposed to ask for the $50 until after it has been determined you're eligible. They can accept it before but they are supposed to make it clear that it is not required to give before, and not paying the $50 will not affect your chances on getting an apartment. Plus they cannot charge the lower income people more than $25 and it looks like they told everyone to pay $50 without asking in advance.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:15 AM

15 posts, read 12,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxheadroom88 View Post
They told me 6-8 weeks and I went on the first week in February.
If I remember correctly, didn't they tell us late January folks 5-10 days or something impossibly optimistic like that? Was gonna follow up this week but I sense that I may as well wait until at least the end of the month.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:09 AM

49 posts, read 34,188 times
They did say something like that 5-7days--

--But I'm also assuming it's going to be more like 6-8 weeks from when we had our appointment time.

If you click the original link they sent out for the initial "appointment" you can see people are still being scheduled to come in and drop off paperwork up until March 5th.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:50 PM

158 posts, read 211,395 times
There was a mess up in my income that I had to appeal and was finally slotted an interview which I will go for in early March. A bit bummed out about no 1 bedroom's being available anymore just studios - My log # is below 40 actually so it took some time to get around to me (I have no preference).

I make the correct income, credit is fine and my debt to income ratio is fine as well. I still feel fairly stressed out. I was wondering why with such a low log number it was taking so long to contact me.

Old 02-22-2018, 02:22 PM

15 posts, read 12,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstwahine View Post
There was a mess up in my income that I had to appeal and was finally slotted an interview which I will go for in early March. A bit bummed out about no 1 bedroom's being available anymore just studios - My log # is below 40 actually so it took some time to get around to me (I have no preference).

I make the correct income, credit is fine and my debt to income ratio is fine as well. I still feel fairly stressed out. I was wondering why with such a low log number it was taking so long to contact me.
That's a great log #, but yeah I am also wondering why it's taken this long to get to you with that log. Mine is 5XX (which I felt good about before lol) and had my interview at the end of January. This whole process seems like a mess. Trying to fight the urge to follow up with management even though they told us we'd hear back in 5-10 days. Given your log number and that your income is correct I'd tell you not to stress but with the way the process is run, it seems like no matter what it's inevitably stressful!

Out of curiosity, how can folks tell there are no more 1 bedrooms?

Old 02-24-2018, 06:36 PM

39 posts, read 91,599 times
Hi Everyone,

It is exciting to get called in for a first interview even though there is such a slim chance i will be accepted. I am paying off my credit card about $200 a month (I could pay it off with my savings if needed) and I am slightly below the min income not including the gifts my parents have given me and intend to give me. Which brings me to my question, does anyone know how they calculate gifts? Do they even add that to the income?

I get a "gift" every few months and my parents agreed to double it this year bringing the total to around 5k to put me within the income guidelines.

Do they need a notarized letter saying how much they plan on giving me this year does it matter what they say they plan on giving me or will they only go by the two gifts I already received that is noted in my bank account? The gifts are not monthly or with set dates. Should they be for the purpose of this letter? My parents and i would like to know what i need to do and what needs to be said on the income letter to prove i am within the guidelines.

Any ideas or tips would be a great help in regards to my situation. I was looking through the forum and haven't been able to find too much on gifts, the process, future gifts and the impact it has on chances of getting an apartment.

Thank you.

And good luck to everyone, win or lose just getting to this step makes me not want to give up hope for a chance of getting a home somewhere.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:49 PM

2,456 posts, read 1,806,602 times
Gifts are added to your income. However, if you’ve never reported it on taxes, say goodbye to your gift. They may also report it to the IRS.

Also, they don’t go by what’s going to happen, but by what happened within the last year or so. Anyone can easily say, “Oh, I’m going to make X amount next year” or say, “Oh, I’ll be debt free next year”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or