U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 05:32 PM

5 posts, read 12,991 times

Advertisements

Thanks, Pancheto. Has the process been longer because they kept on asking for more paper work? Should I preempt this by having more paper work prepared for them? And how many years of tax returns are they asking for? I thought 3 was standard if there is independent contractor work. Also, have they given you any more information on the process: how many interviews are there? How soon would they want you to move in should it fall into place? I don't know how this site works. But Pancheto, I'd be glad to exchange e-mail addresses and communicate that was if that is allowed by this site. I'm not sure what their rules are.

Ncb1963, if you have not received a log number it likely means your application was not chosen by the lottery process, unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 05:27 AM

99 posts, read 117,734 times
Default Happy Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancheto View Post
My mom got a reply asking to submit documents. Her log number is in the late 400's. Just trying to get everything in. An affordable unit in this building would be life changing for her. I always say my prayers but I will be praying even harder for success with this.
Ditto -- you and me are on the same boat (poke me a bit more for details). I also whole fully agree on the algorithm they're using to interview the log #'s. We pray we all get in.

Greetings everyone -- log #9xx here. I received my mother's document request letter after the first week of May through post office mail. It seems as if they only want prior year's documentation as you all stated. They requested the same from my family. Most of it was sent back to them via e-mail since it's easier on both parties. Right now we're just waiting to see when they will contact us back for the actual in-person interview.

How long did it take for you to get a response back, Pancheto? It has been over (2) weeks since our document submit deadline over here.

Lastly, I used to Minecraft and Terraria a lot... not to mention a colleague of mines who used blender various times, so we really do appreciate the beauty that went into making the VIA Tetrahedron.

Pretty sure it has maximum sunlight exposure for certain spots. Solar panel time?

I really do hope that one day that Nyc continues to diversify. But we have zoning laws for a reason, I suppose.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:48 AM

Default No preference

Quote:
Originally Posted by weddy00 View Post
I have a log #, and I am not part of any of these groups (resident of the community board or disabled).
No preference for us either, but my mother does work on 57th street. Does that signify anything? I ask since we tried the lottery for "The Helena" as well, but we never got a letter in the mail. So I doubt it made a difference. Some people here have signed up for multiple lotteries lately. We only signed up for both 57's since it will help keep my mother's health in check for short communication to her job. My mother's "pick one and stick to it" policy has gotten to the best of us. In this case all the affordable 57th buildings.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:17 AM

1,688 posts, read 1,660,619 times
It doesn't matter where you work, only where you live, when it comes to being included in the 50% community preference.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:51 PM

11 posts, read 12,018 times
Does anyone have an idea how long is take to housing affordable replay to
an appeal????

Old 06-06-2016, 05:35 PM

Default Thanks Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
It doesn't matter where you work, only where you live, when it comes to being included in the 50% community preference.
Thank You very much Also, those commuting to and from work shouldn't have a problem since the Joe DiMaggio Highway and exit are contiguous to the VIA.

Old 06-06-2016, 06:55 PM

36 posts, read 101,257 times
The process took a while because they denied my application, but I appealed and the decision was reversed. It took 2 weeks from the date my appeal was received to make a decision on the appeal. Only 3 years of taxes 2015, 2014, 2013. The pay stubs need to be updated for the interview, the tax info has to be verified by IRS via tax transcripts. I don't have any info about a possible move in date, but I'll keep everyone posted after interview. It has happened that during the process, someone's income might go up or down and that can get you disqualified so it's not over until the ink dries on the lease.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:24 PM

5 posts, read 12,991 times
Pancheto,
How quickly did you get the rejection? Then I'm assuming you had to wait another two weeks? And when is your interview/is it to present you with a lease since you now qualify?

Old 06-06-2016, 10:26 PM

100 posts, read 133,243 times
Pancheto, Good luck! If you do get lucky and get called for a move in would love to see pictures of the inside, amenities and apartments that would be really cool

Old 06-06-2016, 11:36 PM

Default Thinking Ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancheto View Post
The process took a while because they denied my application, but I appealed and the decision was reversed. It took 2 weeks from the date my appeal was received to make a decision on the appeal. Only 3 years of taxes 2015, 2014, 2013. The pay stubs need to be updated for the interview, the tax info has to be verified by IRS via tax transcripts. I don't have any info about a possible move in date, but I'll keep everyone posted after interview. It has happened that during the process, someone's income might go up or down and that can get you disqualified so it's not over until the ink dries on the lease.
Eh, I can see where this is going -- they're averaging the last (3) years and possible bonuses ( at least that's how I see it). I'm still trying to figure out the mean, median, and mode of the process in its entirety. I've heard good stories about other individuals on city-data getting the "reversal," thus they ultimately end up with said ap't. Small PSA: as you said, there's no guarantee until the lease is signed.

Nothing really has changed on my end in the last three years, except for a minuscule income increase on my mom's end which won't be happening again anytime soon based on a 20 year track record and a salary ceiling cap for her age. I already did all the math, including the 2% over 5k, which still generates us inside the min/max range without issue.

As my younger sibling would say: "theory crafting" is the best way to keep anyone on their toes.
I guess, just give any sober individual 2 hours under a tree like Isaac Newton to make a "what if" algorithm... I am honestly very intrigued by what formula thy actually plan to use.

Isn't there one for insurance companies describing how it's more expensive to insure a certain colored RGB #FF0000 car than other colors? They merit it based on how often a certain type crashes more than others, etc. But that's a myth according to news outlets.

Maybe it will be based more on behavior, make and model, then.

Just giving my thoughts as a 20%'er.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or