Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 03:37 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
LOL. They are getting a nice note to please remove their shoe late at night. Waking up several times a night is really starting to make me a B-tch.

Do they SLEEP in shoes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 07:04 PM

402 posts, read 518,263 times
Your post brings back memories for me... Three years ago we lived in an apt and had a newborn. Anyway, our son started walking a year later and my neighbors below would pound on the ceiling for any little noise my son made- including crying. I did turn into a sour b*tch and got a hammer and hammered away on the floor while i read a book (im serious)! That pissed them off!! We moved afterwards to the suburbs but had our apt for two months while we were moving. My husband bought something called the sonic boom alarm and had it set to 4am everyday. Low and behold, their son contacted my husband via his work email begging him to stop torturing them early in the am. I always say, pay back is a b*tch

Old 10-17-2015, 07:15 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thgreatalex View Post
Your post brings back memories for me... Three years ago we lived in an apt and had a newborn. Anyway, our son started walking a year later and my neighbors below would pound on the ceiling for any little noise my son made- including crying. I did turn into a sour b*tch and got a hammer and hammered away on the floor while i read a book (im serious)! That pissed them off!! We moved afterwards to the suburbs but had our apt for two months while we were moving. My husband bought something called the sonic boom alarm and had it set to 4am everyday. Low and behold, their son contacted my husband via his work email begging him to stop torturing them early in the am. I always say, pay back is a b*tch
Did you have carpets down when you son began walking or was your floor all hard word floors?

Old 10-18-2015, 10:27 AM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadenough22 View Post
I know its insane. Million dollars to buy or $3 grand rent to hear snoring, sex sounds and smell smoke? Insanity. I'm in a prewar and we as you can see have issues too, though.

You know what else is crazy, the other day I was out on the street a couple blocks from my house at like 12 am and there was music GLARING from an apartment. I just couldn't believe that persons neighbors let that go on for more than a couple minutes. the building the apartment was in was at the very beginning of the block, I walked to the end of it and around the corner and still heard it! So i'm fully aware things can be worse, but doesnt mean they have to be bad.

Also everyone saying to move, if i even found a decent place, whose to say the surroundings wont be worse? Right now im committed to fighting this battle, hence this thread. But you know what, I'll begin looking at places nonetheless. Maybe something great enough to leave my hard work will pop up.
Good idea stay and fight..👊..You lived in that apartment long enough, at times LL use their own tenants.to fight against
each other just for revenge. May be the LL want both of you guys to move. By not getting involved hoping both tenants
would move. He'll get new tenants and raise the rent higher then what he is getting now. Who knows what that slum LL
is thinking.You should not waste your time complaining to the people up stairs anymore. But you should write the letter
to LL and send the copy of the video to LL as evident. Keep proof that you sent it. And if hell breaks loose. You'll havehave.
evident that you tried to resolved the problem. But the LL was not helping at all, once the LL get your documents, mark
my words he'll step in. Mail the evidents certified signature required. "DO NOT SHOW FEAR" I have dealt with slum
LL plenty of times. You will be just fine..👌.. Your evidence will hold up in court, in case you have to go and represent.
Yourself GOOD LUCK.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I am so lucky...all my neighbors keep dying.
OMG that's Scarry how many are still living. Hope your LL is not next. ( joking )

Old 10-19-2015, 03:33 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,608,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I wish My upstairs neighbor would not walk around in what sounds like 100 pound steel toe boots, especially late at night/early in the morning. Always wakes me up. Ear plugs don't really work for that.
We have the same issue. I don't think they sleep, but hubby mentioned they have a newborn. I normally let it pass, but once it got so loud it woke me up out of a sleep at 1am. I had to bang on the ceiling even though I felt bad about it. Silence after that.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:56 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanniebaby7 View Post
OMG that's Scarry how many are still living. Hope your LL is not next. ( joking )

No landlord for me, not anymore. I've done that awful trip and will never repeat it.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefir king View Post
no landlord for me, not anymore. I've done that awful trip and will never repeat it.
i hear ya!

Old 10-27-2015, 02:02 PM

666 posts, read 642,274 times
Great example of why the "fair housing act" should have never expanded to include families with small children. These folks need to live together stacked on top of each other and let the rest of us live in peace. Adult buildings and kid buildings, bring this back!

Old 10-27-2015, 04:30 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,608,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janet bubby View Post
Great example of why the "fair housing act" should have never expanded to include families with small children. These folks need to live together stacked on top of each other and let the rest of us live in peace. Adult buildings and kid buildings, bring this back!
Wasn't aware there was such a thing. This would apply to my building, there's only studios and 1 BR apts in my building. Yet there's families of 4 and 5 living here. There's a family next door to us of 5 in a small studio apt. Another family of 4 upstairs. There should be adult and kid buildings and even communities, but someone would cry it's unfair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: