U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 09:32 PM

6,886 posts, read 7,846,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Sometimes it's hard to resist really good trollish threads. It's like a guilty pleasure.
I did enjoy reading some of the responses !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 09:34 PM

2,349 posts, read 3,334,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Why does everyone keep responding to this person.

What we DID learn - this is what's out there.
Entertainment. I sure hope she's not a troll either because bat sh** crazy posters make the internet fun.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:34 PM

516 posts, read 651,385 times
Batsh*t crazy women are only great in bed. Other then that they're total garbage. OP you should of moved to LA. You would of already scored your own tv show.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:40 PM

10,644 posts, read 20,785,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
Entertainment. I sure hope she's not a troll either because bat sh** crazy posters make the internet fun.
I didn't know they were mutually exclusive

Old 10-06-2015, 09:57 PM

57 posts, read 30,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkub101 View Post
Batsh*t crazy women are only great in bed. Other then that they're total garbage
Actually, we have other good attributes as well. For starters, we are great at surprising people; we always tend to show up when you least expect it.

Also, we can be very persistent.

I'm only joking.

Last edited by Michelle_A; 10-06-2015 at 10:08 PM..

Old 10-06-2015, 11:59 PM

161 posts, read 129,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_A View Post
If I do take a DNA test and discover my Ghanaian ancestry, I will continue to state that I'm Ghanaian American (as well as the other admixtures that are included). I do not like the label "black" because it's absolutely meaningless and doesn't state anything about one's true culture/ethnic origin (or color for that matter) because I've yet to meet a truly "black" person.

Lastly, the construct of "black" is primarily derived from an artificial/false "culture" that is largely based on victimhood and pathology. Again, I choose NOT to identify as such. You may believe there is no shame in adhering to such a destructive label, but I certainly see the shame and defeat of a people who have allowed other's to define their norms and values.

NO THANK YOU!
You're still not from Ghana and you never will be. Where did you say you were from again? Kansas City. That's where you're from. You're a black American chick from the Midwest pretending to be something you're not. Sad.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:13 AM

1,356 posts, read 948,364 times
I'm just hoping to see some sweet brown tiddays!

Old 10-07-2015, 07:26 AM

57 posts, read 30,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicgrrl View Post
You're still not from Ghana and you never will be. Where did you say you were from again? Kansas City. That's where you're from. You're a black American chick from the Midwest pretending to be something you're not. Sad.
I never stated that I'm actually from Ghana. If asked, I mention that I'm Ghanaian American.

There's no such thing as "black" or "white." Again, I've never met a human being who is black (or white) in color.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:01 AM

311 posts, read 197,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_A View Post
I never stated that I'm actually from Ghana. If asked, I mention that I'm Ghanaian American.

There's no such thing as "black" or "white." Again, I've never met a human being who is black (or white) in color.
Bish whet??
I never said that I drink water. I just consume water to survive.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:04 AM

14,907 posts, read 17,467,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkub101 View Post
A couple points/questions:
- Isn't Ghanian-American and African-American essentially the same thing?
- I'm convinced OP is the black/ghanian (whatever) version of Bruce Jenner. She's having an identity crisis.
- also convinced that OP is American
- this reeks of a social experiment. OP's probably writing a thesis or an article

Highly unlikely. When people find out she's batsh*t crazy they will stay away.
No Ghanaian and African American are two different things. Ghanaian American is a person who's parents or heritage comes from Ghana. African American is a person of black of African origin generally descended from slavery here in the USA. African Americans can be descended anywhere across from Africa, while Ghanaian American just comes from Ghana heritage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or