Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 10:10 AM

86 posts, read 246,738 times

Advertisements

NYC is the perfect city if you're a young, ultra rich, alcoholic. I've been living here for 5 years (first in the Bronx, now in Forest Hills) and I can't wait until the day I leave and never come back. There are so many things I totally took for granted before I came here......like a car, driveway, washer/dryer, personal space, fresh air, no roaches. On a positive note, it has taught me to appreciate where I'm from a lot more. I can't wait to move back and live a normal life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 10:46 AM

791 posts, read 1,430,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post
gentrification sterilized new york.......old new york you had to be tough regardless of race or income......now sissies and trust fund babies have taken over large swaths of the city and sissified it.......

staten island people: if yall dont like minorities blame robert moses.......NYCHA is one of the prime reasons why they moved there....

I wish the cross brooklyn expwy got built (no one cried when they built the cross bronx)
I'm inclined to agree. I recall NYC from the 70's, when I went to the old Stuyvesant HS.

Free Being Records...the St. Marks Theater...the old Alphabet City...Book Row, by Cooper Union...

I'm staying in the area now. All of the above is gone. Now: an endless row of overpriced bars and restaurants. 12 bucks for a hamburger? And, hordes of (speaking of overpriced) NYU students. The din of these dweebs that throng 2nd Ave. on weekend nights make me hate walking there.

But, the Cross Bronx? There I don't agree. The construction of that monster destroyed entire neighborhoods. They blame kids asthma on secondhand tobacco smoke? That is a laugh. That fetid, diesel exhaust reeking ditch stinks up the whole Bronx. And, the passenger cars are mostly commuters headed for Jersey. Ought to charge them all a big, fat TOLL.

Last edited by WildCardSteve; 10-11-2015 at 11:02 AM..

Old 10-11-2015, 11:44 AM

25,368 posts, read 36,956,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
The best thing that can happen to NYC is a zombie apocalypse.
Have you shopped Bloomingdale's lately?

Old 10-11-2015, 03:23 PM

18,944 posts, read 13,838,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Have you shopped Bloomingdale's lately?
True! Shopping anywhere in the city, especially during the holidays. Amazon has been my savior over the years. Screw the malls in particular.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:03 PM

205 posts, read 245,949 times
New York is not a tough place. Being from New York does not make you tough. New York compared to other large cities is actually soft.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:23 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,903,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
End the policy that all people who come to NYC will be housed by the city if they are too poor to house themselves. If we didn't have this policy, maybe low income and potentially homeless people would stop flocking here from other parts of the state and the rest of the US.
Very much agree.
End it retroactively.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
The best thing that can happen to NYC is a zombie apocalypse.
Wait ... what do we have now ?

Or does "zombie apocalypse" mean that the current zombies disappear.

If this references a popular film I probably do not know it.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
New York City is far too overpopulated and congested then it should be. I wish the city would lose about 25% of it's population.
You can find decent candidates by reading the other thread that brought out the rent regulation and modest income folk bashers - surely transplants (at best).

Old 10-11-2015, 08:03 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,986,231 times
Brooklyn is nothing but hipsters, churches and housing projects.

Old 10-11-2015, 08:26 PM

18,944 posts, read 13,838,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Wait ... what do we have now ?

Or does "zombie apocalypse" mean that the current zombies disappear.

If this references a popular film I probably do not know it.
I meant it literally.

Think millions consumed by a virus, causing rampant de-population and wandering hordes of the unded, while only those who previously prepared for such an eventuality are able to survive.

I'd revel in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City