U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 04:52 AM

18,431 posts, read 11,827,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlama05 View Post
Hello all!

I am a Phoenix native who has been living in Dallas for the last two years. I will be moving to NYC in the spring for work and am looking for advice about where to live. My office is located right in the heart of midtown, on 50th and Park.

I love the atmosphere of Chelsea/West Village area. My hesitation to living there is that I think my commute may be a little long for me. I would love to live closer to the office, so I can have a shorter commute and therefore leave my dogs at home for as short a period of time as possible. If possible it would be great to be able to head home for lunch to let them out.

As I said however, I really like Chelsea/West Village, and am not sure if there is an area near my office that has a similar vibe to it. I'm fully committed to hiring a dog walker and doing doggie day care once in a while. Primarily I want to make sure I live in a dog-friendly neighborhood (close to parks, pet supply store, etc.).

Right now I think I want to live in Manhattan, but a couple people have mentioned to me that Brooklyn may be good. So feel free to try to persuade me :-).

Also, I'm just curious about how people with dogs get by in general in NYC. I have two medium sized ones: 35 and 55 lbs. I don't currently plan on bringing my car with me. We will walk plenty, but what do people do if they NEED to drive somewhere with their dogs? Rent a car? I've heard a bit about zipcar; do people do that? Will I have problems finding an apartment that is OK with such large dogs?

Thanks to all of you for the advice!
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...40915558,d.eWE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 03:39 PM

2,264 posts, read 2,645,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
You went looking for this 2year old thread only to post this article?

Old 12-08-2016, 04:43 PM

5,753 posts, read 5,221,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullnyc View Post
I think it was a good article though to show the OP the reality of what he is in for.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:05 PM

18,431 posts, read 11,827,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullnyc View Post

Yes, and so long as you're whacking side of your head, knock yourself out.

No sense in starting a new thread and many may have the same question. It also shows that while perhaps difficult it isn't unheard of nor impossible to get an apartment in NYC (including Manhattan) that will accept larger breeds of dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City