U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 11:41 AM

4,841 posts, read 7,860,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Not trying to start something but how is it being mostly Italian American a pro?
I consider it a pro the same way I consider Flushing primarily Chinese a pro, or Woodlawn primarily Irish, or Greenpoint primarily Polish before the hipster takeover. It makes the neighborhood more interesting personally. Most of the local businesses on Cross Bay are Italian, and when you drive around the neighborhood itself you see a lot of well maintained beautiful homes with Italian flags.

IMO "Diverse" neighborhoods are pretty boring to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 12:01 PM

11,493 posts, read 5,556,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
I consider it a pro the same way I consider Flushing primarily Chinese a pro, or Woodlawn primarily Irish, or Greenpoint primarily Polish before the hipster takeover. It makes the neighborhood more interesting personally. Most of the local businesses on Cross Bay are Italian, and when you drive around the neighborhood itself you see a lot of well maintained beautiful homes with Italian flags.

IMO "Diverse" neighborhoods are pretty boring to me.
Flushing is diverse though

Old 10-13-2015, 01:50 PM

15,230 posts, read 23,756,652 times
it is right near an airport, i couldnt imagine anyone wanting to ever live there.
yuck

Old 10-13-2015, 01:53 PM

64,615 posts, read 66,129,695 times
the planes come in from over the water . all the times we have been by my daughter it has not been an issue .

Old 10-13-2015, 02:01 PM

2,228 posts, read 2,948,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
the planes come in from over the water . all the times we have been by my daughter it has not been an issue .
Is she in an Apt within Lindenwood? #1 complaint from residents is the air traffic noise followed up with over zealous traffic agents along Cross bay Blvd.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:06 PM

64,615 posts, read 66,129,695 times
up until april the number of flights coming in over lindenwood was reduced greatly . it really wasn't an issue where she is .

a marked increase in noise has been noted in the area since late April, when, according to PANYNJ documents, runway 4L/22R was shut down. Simultaneously, other taxiways that intersect with the runway have also been impacted by the construction. In addition, runway 13R/31 L is being shortened and/or closed for some of this period. Port Authority sources indicate a finish date for most construction in mid-late September to november .

the change in patterns and number of flights are all related to the fact that one of the runways is closed for construction.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:36 PM

11,824 posts, read 7,699,774 times
Unless you work in LI or nearby, the commute options are worst than living in LI or SI. There are flooding prone areas.

Buses take forever to get anyone and nearby trains aren't that closeby so you need to drive. A lot of airplane noises as noted by others. It's a same argument as living in SI, most people pick there to live in a certain ethnic neighborhood as oppose to being close to NYC or have conveniences nearby.

Old 10-13-2015, 05:08 PM

20,144 posts, read 26,425,454 times
Quote:

by the left wing NYC media
Like the NY POST, NY Daily News, and Wall Street Journal I suppose?

Old 10-13-2015, 05:35 PM

15,230 posts, read 23,756,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
up until april the number of flights coming in over lindenwood was reduced greatly . it really wasn't an issue where she is .

a marked increase in noise has been noted in the area since late April, when, according to PANYNJ documents, runway 4L/22R was shut down. Simultaneously, other taxiways that intersect with the runway have also been impacted by the construction. In addition, runway 13R/31 L is being shortened and/or closed for some of this period. Port Authority sources indicate a finish date for most construction in mid-late September to november .

the change in patterns and number of flights are all related to the fact that one of the runways is closed for construction.

exactly.

so when the runway is complete, they will hear the planes again. Also they dont always land from the water, they come from the water and circle halfway over long island making the final descent all thru LI neighborhoods to runway 22...................................from hicksville on down to JFK. noise pollutuion.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:01 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,697,464 times
If you want to understand Howard Beach, just get off the A train at the Airtrain transfer stop, be a stranger, and walk into that bar across the street from the train station and have a drink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or