Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 05:56 PM

562 posts, read 463,921 times

Advertisements

I'm just wondering if NYC has similar apartments, like the below apartment in Silver Spring MD (which is only 4 miles outside of Washington, DC). This particular apartment is only 2 blocks from the metro and next to a ton of shops and Whole Foods!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur2jQHAl-gc

I imagine this would rent for around 4K/month in NYC, but it's only around 1900-2100 in Silver Spring.

Do NYC residents ever get tired of paying very high rents, for much smaller spaces?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 06:03 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Ugh. I am really tired of the trolling on here.

Mod- please check OP's IP for multiple accounts. We've seen this before.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:24 PM

And this particular complex even hosts Holiday parties (w/ free food) for their residents:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0ro_CYzLP4

I don't believe this sort of thing is common in NYC.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:47 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,924,567 times
"OMG," I mean, it all looks so FUN.

And free food WOW ....

What's your cut ? Because I am thinking you could take some of these transplants and anti-welfare state refugees off our hands.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
"OMG," I mean, it all looks so FUN.

And free food WOW ....

What's your cut ? Because I am thinking you could take some of these transplants and anti-welfare state refugees off our hands.
I actually think most New York City residents are content, I'm just trying to figure out why?

Old 10-18-2015, 07:00 PM

5,462 posts, read 5,702,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
I actually think most New York City residents are content, I'm just trying to figure out why?
The apartment you showed "only 4 miles away from DC" 4 miles from NYC, aka Newark, would cost probably the same money.

DC is still one of the most expensive real estate markets in the country, together with SF, LA, and NYC. No offense, but compared to NYC, DC is just a small town and a lot of people who choose to live in NYC live for a lot of different reasons. The same exact reasons why you don't live in Findlay, Ohio but prefer to live in DC, even though the same exact apartment in Findlay would probably cost you $1,000 less per month.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
The apartment you showed "only 4 miles away from DC" 4 miles from NYC, aka Newark, would cost probably the same money.

DC is still one of the most expensive real estate markets in the country, together with SF, LA, and NYC. No offense, but compared to NYC, DC is just a small town and a lot of people who choose to live in NYC live for a lot of different reasons. The same exact reasons why you don't live in Findlay, Ohio but prefer to live in DC, even though the same exact apartment in Findlay would probably cost you $1,000 less per month.
DC is small, but how can you compare it to Findlay, OH? DC is our nation's capital and offers plenty of wonderful amenities and nightlife options. Also, let's keep in mind that DC has a plethora of jobs ranging from tech, law, government, non profit/think tanks, corporate positions, etc.

Lastly, Silver Spring should not be compared to Newark. Newark is a crime ridden/drug infested impoverished city, while Silver Spring is very quaint and Safe.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:29 PM

5,462 posts, read 5,702,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
DC is small, but how can you compare it to Findlay, OH?
The population difference between NYC and DC is the same as DC to Findlay, OH.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
The population difference between NYC and DC is the same as DC to Findlay, OH.
Most people have never heard of Findlay, but I'm sure everyone knows about that little place called "D.C."

I am in no way trying to attack NYC, sorry if you felt that way.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:47 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,924,567 times
Quote:

OP - this is the best answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City