Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 09:10 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times

Advertisements

102nd and 1st, is a longtime troubled area. anyone with a ounce of knowledge about EH knows it. i am staunch against anyone renting, or buying anything in that area. its still insanely ratchet. i can tell you for a fact that the east river projects have been closely monitored, and patrolled by the NYPD heavily, for months now. due to the death of officer holder, i can't imagine what it's gonna be like now. this block is a area to avoid. you've got metro north which is also horrific. no. its not safe. if the OP wants to do EH, i suggest other parts of the neighborhood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2015, 11:40 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
102nd and 1st, is a longtime troubled area. anyone with a ounce of knowledge about EH knows it. i am staunch against anyone renting, or buying anything in that area. its still insanely ratchet. i can tell you for a fact that the east river projects have been closely monitored, and patrolled by the NYPD heavily, for months now. due to the death of officer holder, i can't imagine what it's gonna be like now. this block is a area to avoid. you've got metro north which is also horrific. no. its not safe. if the OP wants to do EH, i suggest other parts of the neighborhood
Are you sure you aren't just trying to scare off the OP and his roommates because you hate the idea of more affluent people moving in the area?

There's a lot of dishonesty and hidden agendas on this forum which is why I think anyone is naive to ask the kind of question that the OP asked to complete strangers.

Personally I think they'd be better off going further downtown in Manhattan with a unit with less amenities, but that isn't my decision to make.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Are you sure you aren't just trying to scare off the OP and his roommates because you hate the idea of more affluent people moving in the area.

Personally I think they'd be better off going further downtown in Manhattan with a unit with less amenities, but that isn't my decision to make.
first off. i don't know the OP to judge whether he's "affluent" or not. who cares? that's not the point. second of all, i never said that he shouldn't move to EH. i said if he wants to relocate, he should look into other parts of the neighborhood. third, clearly, you're the one that doesn't want him to move to EH by suggesting he'd move further downtown with less amenities. if anyone is doing the "scaring", it's YOU.

Old 10-25-2015, 10:20 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
first off. i don't know the OP to judge whether he's "affluent" or not. who cares? that's not the point. second of all, i never said that he shouldn't move to EH. i said if he wants to relocate, he should look into other parts of the neighborhood. third, clearly, you're the one that doesn't want him to move to EH by suggesting he'd move further downtown with less amenities. if anyone is doing the "scaring", it's YOU.
I said I didn't know if an apartment in EH is worth that price. If he's living with two other young people unless they have jobs at Mt. Sinai or something else on the east side like Lenox Hill, Sloan Memorial Kettering, or New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell (the last 4 on the upper east side) I cannot imagine why the need to spend that much money. He said he works in Flatiron and he could definitely find a closer place to work (though he'd have to sacrifice amenities).

Old 10-26-2015, 12:08 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,424,318 times
Let the white folk move to East Harlem. Mother Nature will take care of the rest.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:38 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
jonbert,

Did you get one of the affordables in the area? Some of the newer buildings are pretty nice. The area will only improve.

The downside of the area is the sleazy looking Metro North Houses (welfare.)

THe area is okay. Terrific DEALS on First and CHERRY VALLEY MARKET on Second are good amenities.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:54 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
I just looked over this thread and I'm scratching my head as to what the OP is talking about when he said "there hasn't been a single positive thing said about EH"... I had to scroll to find a couple of truly negative things about EH... Pretty much every single poster except for one discussed the positive changes to the neighborhood and how that specific area has changed so much... Is the OP looking at a different thread?

Old 10-30-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Let the white folk move to East Harlem. Mother Nature will take care of the rest.
they're already in EH. it's still lagging in the beginning stages of gentrification. there is definitely a increased YT presence, hence the property value going up

Old 10-31-2015, 08:50 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
I just looked over this thread and I'm scratching my head as to what the OP is talking about when he said "there hasn't been a single positive thing said about EH"... I had to scroll to find a couple of truly negative things about EH... Pretty much every single poster except for one discussed the positive changes to the neighborhood and how that specific area has changed so much... Is the OP looking at a different thread?
That recent cop-killing at 102nd and First didn't do a lot for the lustre of the neighborhood.

Last edited by Kefir King; 10-31-2015 at 10:07 AM..

Old 10-31-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
That recent cop-killing at 102nd and First didn't do a lot for the lustre of the neighborhood.
right. guns are sold on that block. EH is very touch and go. certain blocks are better than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City