Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 10:41 AM

779 posts, read 1,003,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
It means you can only drive for the city, and you don't need to get a medical.. Get The A3 unless you plan on driving outside of DSNY
My only intentions is to drive with DSNY. When I told the lady at DMV info desk I would like to get the CDL on my own to work for DSNY, she pointed out "Then you need to mark off (EA) because sanitation will do their own medical for you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usrl1967 View Post

Read it like 3 times in the past half hour, not fully clicking in my head as of yet.

Also I'm noticing on the DMV form, it says "must have A3 restriction" in both of the requirements for EI and EA.

So If I'm planning to work just for DSNY I should choose EA?

Thank you guys!

Old 07-19-2016, 10:47 AM

3,731 posts, read 3,466,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NycLaidBack View Post
My only intentions is to drive with DSNY. When I told the lady at DMV info desk I would like to get the CDL on my own to work for DSNY, she pointed out "Then you need to mark off (EA) because sanitation will do their own medical for you"

Read it like 3 times in the past half hour, not fully clicking in my head as of yet.

Also I'm noticing on the DMV form, it says "must have A3 restriction" in both of the requirements for EI and EA.

Thank you guys!

EA = Intrastate
EI = Interstate

YOU WANT EI because DSNY routinely travels to NJ

Don't listen to DMV folks.

• Get EI CDL Class B with A3 Restriction (Take and Pass General CDL Knowledge Test)
  • Get Air Brake Restriction Removed (Take and Pass Air Brake Test)
  • Get Tanker endorsement (Take and Pass Tanker Test)
  • Get Passenger Endorsement if you plan to take lessons on a school bus which is recommended. (Take and Pass Passenger Test) This is NOT REQUIRED for DSNY Employment

Old 07-19-2016, 10:58 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,969,365 times
Quote:

Thank you guys!
EI!!

Interstate ! We cross state lines... Dmv is wrong

Old 07-19-2016, 11:04 AM

Thank you gentlemen for clarifying. I'm understanding a lot more now.

Just to confirm, As far as EI goes, it doesn't require a medical just like EA?

Old 07-19-2016, 11:25 AM

3,731 posts, read 3,466,157 times
Quote:
Thank you gentlemen for clarifying. I'm understanding a lot more now.

Just to confirm, As far as EI goes, it doesn't require a medical just like EA?
The E stands for EXCEPTED. That means NO MEDICAL. If you are getting EA or EI the DMV will not ask for medical documentation

Old 07-19-2016, 11:59 AM

218 posts, read 294,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunz21z View Post
But they stopped at 1176?
Last time I called they told me they called up to 1176 for medicals. I think that's it for this year.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
The E stands for EXCEPTED. That means NO MEDICAL. If you are getting EA or EI the DMV will not ask for medical documentation
Understood, thanks for explaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franksyanks23 View Post
Last time I called they told me they called up to 1176 for medicals. I think that's it for this year.
I think theres a good chance they'll call more for medical, they hired up to 508 and I believe thats just for the first class? The higher you go I think the more unprepared people are.

I wonder how often DSNY holds the CDL classes. Is it weekly until the training classes get filled?

It's going to feel like forever waiting till next year just to have a "chance" to get hired in the 1900's...

Old 07-19-2016, 12:48 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,105 times
Problem is the 2nd class isn't going to just start at 509. EVERYONE that was skipped for no CDL, but passed the medical are likely going to be ready for the 2nd class, so the list might not move much for the 2nd class.

Old 07-19-2016, 01:02 PM

733 posts, read 724,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Problem is the 2nd class isn't going to just start at 509. EVERYONE that was skipped for no CDL, but passed the medical are likely going to be ready for the 2nd class, so the list might not move much for the 2nd class.
You right ... It's going to be interesting ... Right now they into the 800's for the Cdl class

Old 07-19-2016, 02:23 PM

84 posts, read 150,089 times
I wouldn't be surprised if the second class doesn't make it to 509. Lotta people that didn't have CDL probably have it now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City