Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2016, 03:40 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,383,086 times

Advertisements

One day in the magical future some of you out there in internet land will remember the difference between physical and medical evaluation by the time it gets to your number

Old 11-17-2016, 08:59 PM

6 posts, read 9,502 times
This thread is a treasure chest of advice I wish I knew about earlier this year.

I have a few questions for some of the guys and gals here providing the much needed information
and answers to those in the dark.

My list number was in the low 400's, I did the physical earlier this year, passed, and was mailed home the
packet to report in for the beginning process. I went but stupid me never heeded the advice from friends to
go get the CDL before hand, I decided to defer until after this year, one reason being lack of the CDL.

Im not going to sit here and lie, my real concerns were my bring overweight, potentially having high blood pressure
and maybe having complications with the medical that would disqualify me.

I went in to 1 Centre street today to restore my name on the list following Mrs Banks (from HR) advice to wait until November just in case
there was an October Class.

One question I have is do I need to do the physical over again? Just wondering if I missed any mail "deadline" since someone up
there said they received a letter in the mail recently.

I am in the process of getting the CDL and should have it by next month.

The one thing really scaring me is the medical, with my weight and possible high blood pressure. Ive joined a gym since this summer and I'm dropping weight which is what I should have been doing in the first place for a healthier life but I'm glad this is
pushing me to do it.

Old 11-17-2016, 11:10 PM

193 posts, read 416,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH1187 View Post
Anyone use the Skeemer app? Is it worth the 20 dollars.
i use it. Its worth it in the winter when you need to keep track of snow.

Old 11-17-2016, 11:21 PM

264 posts, read 502,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens50 View Post
This thread is a treasure chest of advice I wish I knew about earlier this year.

I have a few questions for some of the guys and gals here providing the much needed information

My list number was in the low 400's, I did the physical earlier this year, passed, and was mailed home the
packet to report in for the beginning process. I went but stupid me never heeded the advice from friends to
go get the CDL before hand, I decided to defer until after this year, one reason being lack of the CDL.

Im not going to sit here and lie, my real concerns were my bring overweight, potentially having high blood pressure

I went in to 1 Centre street today to restore my name on the list following Mrs Banks (from HR) advice to wait until November just in case

One question I have is do I need to do the physical over again? Just wondering if I missed any mail "deadline" since someone up

The one thing really scaring me is the medical, with my weight and possible high blood pressure. Ive joined a gym since this summer and I'm dropping weight which is what I should have been doing in the first place for a healthier life but I'm glad this is
pushing me to do it.
Why dont you go to your personal doctor and get a physical done, Its basically the same thing. That will tell you what you have to work on and if you need any medication. They wont DQ you for high cholesterol or HBP as long as you are taking medication to keep it under control.

As for the physical maybe call DCAS and ask if you have to take it again. I doubt you do since people who took it last year but their list number was not reached dont have to so i dont see why it would be any different for you.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:59 PM

712 posts, read 1,202,122 times
To my fellow veterans happy belated Veterans Day!.

Update: 0n my appeal I've been DQ THREE times now from the medical director haha. When my lawyer submitted paperwork three times now. The Commission will review the case shortly and issue a determination in writing.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:09 AM

182 posts, read 289,166 times
wow 3 times, how much is the lawyer fee? Good Luck

Old 11-19-2016, 08:56 AM

712 posts, read 1,202,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyy View Post
wow 3 times, how much is the lawyer fee? Good Luck
I just paid a fee of 2500. If it gets overturned it's another 2500

Old 11-20-2016, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH1187 View Post
Why dont you go to your personal doctor and get a physical done, Its basically the same thing. That will tell you what you have to work on and if you need any medication. They wont DQ you for high cholesterol or HBP as long as you are taking medication to keep it under control.

As for the physical maybe call DCAS and ask if you have to take it again. I doubt you do since people who took it last year but their list number was not reached dont have to so i dont see why it would be any different for you.
The physical does not need to ever be retaken. Only medicals get redone

Old 11-20-2016, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens50 View Post

pushing me to do it.

So um....did you get your cdl

Old 11-22-2016, 09:24 AM

128 posts, read 202,080 times
Which parts of the medical have to be done again? All of it or just certain things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City