Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 10:57 AM

3,730 posts, read 3,463,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactplayer View Post
How would fights with co workers happen on this job anyway?
Get paired up in the truck with a guy like Venom for 8 hours

Old 06-08-2017, 11:02 AM

264 posts, read 503,965 times
Quote:
I always thought fights result in termination especially on probation. How would fights with co workers happen on this job anyway?
I know 2 guys who got into fights, they both got extended 3 months. 1 eventually ended up getting fired for failing a drug test in those 3 months.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:46 PM

288 posts, read 469,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Get paired up in the truck with a guy like Venom for 8 hours
Makes sense now.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:52 PM

114 posts, read 144,316 times
Quote:
I always thought fights result in termination especially on probation. How would fights with co workers happen on this job anyway?
Dude... You will definitely come across a dick head on this job. Your partner is 90% of your day. Either it's gonna be a good day or a bad day. Guys argue all the time about their partners (Usually senior with junior ) the senior guys are already set in their working habits and have a system with other senior guys.

Junior guys sometime have a hard time adjusting to the job so when they work with the senior guy and can't keep up. It becomes a problem. This job has a learning curve like any other job. It's an easy job but some days that route is no joke. It can be heavy bro. This job definitely separates the men from the boys.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:59 PM

733 posts, read 724,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvosten View Post
Dude... You will definitely come across a dick head on this job. Your partner is 90% of your day. Either it's gonna be a good day or a bad day. Guys argue all the time about their partners (Usually senior with junior ) the senior guys are already set in their working habits and have a system with other senior guys.

Junior guys sometime have a hard time adjusting to the job so when they work with the senior guy and can't keep up. It becomes a problem. This job has a learning curve like any other job. It's an easy job but some days that route is no joke. It can be heavy bro. This job definitely separates the men from the boys.
When you say heavy what tonnage we talking about ? Haven't picked 20 tons in a while but I do remember what that feels like lol

Old 06-08-2017, 02:02 PM

Your all gonna love this job. It's a cool job man. Guys look out for each other for the most part. Especially as a new guy youll here guys telling you all the time dress proper , wear a vest and don't do anything stupid.

Be CAREFUL in that truck. ESPECIALLY in the Bronx and Manhattan. Pedestrians and other drivers DONT GIVE A ****.

BE ON TIME !!!!!!!!!! Being late on this job is like the ****ing plague. IM SERIOUS!!!!

This is the only job I know where you can rob somebody crash a car and come to work drunk and high and you'll be ok but the moment your late it's like you commited 10 Homicides smh

Old 06-08-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usrl1967 View Post
When you say heavy what tonnage we talking about ? Haven't picked 20 tons in a while but I do remember what that feels like lol
West side Bronx 17 or better everyday some days 2 loads. That's 24 and better

Old 06-08-2017, 02:08 PM

Your worst enemies on probation are

Alcohol

AWOL

Late

Old 06-08-2017, 03:36 PM

13 posts, read 13,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvosten View Post

This is on point. I am in West Bronx. I like it alot although I am coming from Brooklyn. First few weeks I made truck and my body was aching, wishing for MLP. Now I am used to it. Garbage can be from 16 to 20 tons, on routes that I have done. Recycling is lighter but you cover more ground. And it seems more and more are recycling, making the truck load out. We do get a lot of hours going out of town, which I like.

Most of my coworkers and supervisors are cool and helpful. There are those that are pieces of feces, but I tend to ignore them. Good luck to those getting on this year, I hope you come to my garage so I can have people beat. Its either you live close to home and have to do functions like mlp, baskets etc. Or you work far from home and make truck 2-4 times a week. I prefer the latter. I don't see myself transferring to nearby Bk garages for a few years, where I know I can make truck 3-4 times a week.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:59 PM

122 posts, read 202,878 times
ok, who was the person blasting EDM music on his headphones at HR while we were all waiting for Nancy to come and speak? lol

You're gonna be deaf quick! ha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City