Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 01:52 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Is it me, or is the subway getting worse as the days, months and years go by with no improvements in sight. My big concern is overcrowding in recent years. I have noticed that increased crowing causes plenty of confrontations during the rush hour commutes. Overall this video is funny, but also scary. Asian woman goes ballistic slandering the ethnic white woman. The woman told the Asian woman that she is going to snap her neck. Funny video, but also scary as well. Makes me want to get a new calendar and cross of days when to move out of NYC and be subway free.

LiveLeak.com - Little Asian Lady vs. Fat Caucasian Woman on NYC Subway
Two women fighting on the train. How does this make the subway any worse than what it is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 03:34 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Two women fighting on the train. How does this make the subway any worse than what it is?
It's just annoying. This week alone on the 6 train on my way to in Midtown in the morning, every train I was on, a sick passenger wad on board. Just yesterday at Union square I witnessed a person Crack their skull on a rail and at the same time. It's getting annoying and unbearable. I wish folks were more civilized these days on the train. A decade ago subways didn't have much delays and issues with fellow passengers.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:40 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,481,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
"East" Asian? I had to think what ethnicity you were referring to, I guess not to confuse it with South Asian. Do Chinese people in NY refer to themselves as East Asians?
East Asian generally means Chinese, Japanese, and Korean

Old 11-01-2015, 07:52 PM

593 posts, read 470,604 times
It seems like a lot of people in the city have hair-trigger tempers lately. They are quick to escalate arguments into physical confrontations. I don't always remember it being this way--one used to be able to point out something to someone without fear of it turning physical. A lot of stressed out people these days, maybe due to the economy.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:52 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,975,879 times
I also use the subways a lot. I still prefer a clean and quiet ride with a car.

I'm also noticing a lot of craziness lately. People with mental issues on the train seems to be higher than before, at least according to my observation. Some I've seen are quite loud and violent.

Beggars seem to be on a all time high making it a career choice. The same individuals getting on the same stop at the same time everyday just to beg, they tend to get off the next stop and catch the next train back to the stop where they had originally got on.

There are also transplant slash hipster drunken or drugged types becoming more conspicuous. One girl from Minnesota (so she claimed) was giving everyone a lecture in the train on how to be polite and friendly and calling strangers out and giving them interviews.

Also noticing more patrolling gangs doing their hand signs to one another and in large numbers. The other night for instance a group of 12 'youths' all in hoodies were going cart to cart as if the were looking for someone. They gave out a bad vibe when they got on and riders took notice.

All in all if you have a car and are going to locations with access to easy parking. Go for it.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:10 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Let me guess. The subway is safe for you these days right? I think that is a yes!

Old 11-01-2015, 08:17 PM

139 posts, read 129,755 times
the subway is getting worse and it's hopeless. plus new yorkers are complacent and don't care so it will never improve. i've been living here for 15 years and as far as i can tell the subway has only gotten worse. if you rely on it daily to commute from an outter borough like i do, it makes your existence here pretty unbearable. it's one of the biggest reasons i want to leave. the alternatives are worse however. i've been seeing more and more fights like this from all kinds of people. add to that all the other BS ("show time", homeless, etc.) and the subway truly sucks.

by the way, what is "ethnic white?"

Old 11-01-2015, 09:54 PM

769 posts, read 1,014,840 times
How about just titling the thread "Subway Fight", as opposed to trying to divide it by race?

This is certainly a race baiting thread and is in line with the lower level dirtbag youtube commenters.

I think the forum mods should just delete it.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:51 PM

387 posts, read 356,292 times
"Ethnic White" means Italian White person??

Old 11-02-2015, 04:32 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,084,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
East Asian generally means Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
I get that, it's just I've never heard "East Asian" in common usage. People would say "Asian" and that would be understood. With the growing Indian population it seems like "South Asian" is being used more frequently now. (I know South Asia is more than just India.) I don't know if it's now necessary to say East Asian as I think Asian is still well understood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: