Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 12:37 PM

931 posts, read 801,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Violent crime has ticked up. And the criminals are emboldened to do whatever they want now that the police are hamstrung by the buffoon. They cant even arrest someone without worrying the buffoon might get them fired!
Thats exactly the case under De Blasio's leadership. One of the reasons why De Blasio is the second worst Mayor NYC has ever had next to Lindsey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 02:08 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,623,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Violent crime has ticked up. And the criminals are emboldened to do whatever they want now that the police are hamstrung by the buffoon. They cant even arrest someone without worrying the buffoon might get them fired!
Good God, just leave now....if you are even in NYC in the first place.

Old 11-08-2015, 02:32 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
Allowing a huge swath of Manhattan to rot would have ensured NY would never have come back the way it has *OR* outer borough gentrification would have been far, far, far more widespread than it is today.

Yes, it sounds heartless, but SRO's belong in lower cost areas.
No it doesn't sound heartless at all. The public services we all use like subways, libraries, highways, public utilities, and even social services etc are all paid for by taxes. Having lots of homeless shelters in or near Manhattan is not the best use of space or the best generator of taxes. So if Koch was the one to start the process of reducing SROs in Manhattan good for him.

Old 11-08-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Good God, just leave now....if you are even in NYC in the first place.
Probably never lived in NYC. No New York would pray for a crime wave that isn't happening just because they don't like whoever is currently the mayor. These trolls are people who hate NYC in general.

Old 11-08-2015, 02:57 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,996 times
The ignorance - SROs are not "homeless shelters" nor were they ever synonymous with such.

Not all trolls "hate" New York. Most just misrepresent themselves but do not live here.

Old 11-08-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
Thats exactly the case under De Blasio's leadership. One of the reasons why De Blasio is the second worst Mayor NYC has ever had next to Lindsey.
How lucky we all are that you do not live in NYC.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:01 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,221,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Probably never lived in NYC. No New York would pray for a crime wave that isn't happening just because they don't like whoever is currently the mayor. These trolls are people who hate NYC in general.
Live in Queens.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
The ignorance - SROs are not "homeless shelters" nor were they ever synonymous with such.

Not all trolls "hate" New York. Most just misrepresent themselves but do not live here.
I don't really care to be an expert on the different levels of welfare housing, but if makes you feel so much better to be so detailed on the differences between shelters and SROs be my guest.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:52 PM

714 posts, read 356,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
How lucky we all are that you do not live in NYC.
There is a concerted and copy-cat effort by the supporters of de Bozio (as few as there are here), led by you (of course, who else?) to label all the critics of de Bozio (the majority here) as non-New Yorkers. With no evidence.
Many critics are obviously or have clearly stated that they live in NYC. I, for one, am a life-long New Yorker, and as such am shamed that a low caliber buffoon is in the position of mayor of this great city. Many of those old enough to remember John Lindsay, and I am, can attest to the fact that Lindsay and de Bozio are the two worst mayors in anyone's memory alive today. And de Bozio has really just started his time compared to Lindsay. So we're in for a hell of a ride.

It's telling that the de Bozio supporter's main way of defending their buffoon is to falsely accuse his critics of living outside the city.

Last edited by spectator11040; 11-08-2015 at 05:09 PM..

Old 11-08-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
There is a concerted and copy-cat effort by the supporters of de Bozio (as few as there are here), led by you (of course, who else?) to label all the critics of de Bozio (the majority here) as non-New Yorkers. With no evidence.
Many critics are obviously or have clearly stated that they live in NYC. I, for one, am a life-long New Yorker, and as such am shamed that a low caliber buffoon is in the position of mayor of this great city. Many of those old enough to remember John Lindsay, and I am, can attest to the fact that Lindsay and de Bozio are the two worst mayors in anyone's memory alive today. And de Bozio has really just started his time compared to Lindsay. So we're in for a hell of a ride.

It's telling that the de Bozio supporter's main way of defending their buffoon is to falsely accuse his critics of living outside the city.
In fact, that poster STATED that he does not live in NYC.

Second, never said I was a supporter of de Blasio. Come to think of it, I may have said something different and more than once. I am a firm opponent of stupid and even more one of closed minds. I do recall distinctly your one-dimensional thinking habits. This is what I mean by closed minds. Such a bore.

I love to see the desperate rage and mouth foaming though. I find this interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City