Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 04:26 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,481,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
In downtown Manhattan, try Latin Quarter, or Copacabana near Times Square, if not try iguana also near Times Square if you don't feel like going out of your way to Central Queens, West Bronx or Washington Heights or Inwood. LES is full of Muarry Hill, and Williamsburg crowd and mainly transient white populace with sprinkles of transient suburban blacks and Asians. But becareful with Latina's from NYC. Most of the time Latina's here are not into transient white men compared to Asian and black women unless she has a college education and or has head on her shoulder.
There are many Latinas into white guys, and not just ones who are college educated

I'm a white guy in Long Island and most of my white friends have been with at least one Latina, myself included
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 02:35 PM

624 posts, read 982,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
There are many Latinas into white guys, and not just ones who are college educated
The observation has probably more to do with the fact that you have to be a man and lead. White women and Asian women are a bit more tolerating of typical american beta male fearful apologetic behavior, especially when they are trying to find a safe stable husband to settle down with. If you lack any bit of confidence most Spanish women will smell it right away and shut you down.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:22 AM

278 posts, read 252,334 times
You are generalizing and stereo typing, big time!!!!!!!

Latinas like the rest of the general population, are vastly different from one another!!!!!!!!
Like beautiful flowers, no two are alike!

Really sickening to read in this day and age: "Latinas are this, Latinas are that"
I say %$^^()*&$# to that!

An enlightened, intelligent guy knows better than that, and thus in turn, does well because of it!

Old 11-09-2015, 11:39 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,610,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaProf View Post

Latinas like the rest of the general population, are vastly different from one another!!!!!!!!

Really sickening to read in this day and age: "Latinas are this, Latinas are that"

An enlightened, intelligent guy knows better than that, and thus in turn, does well because of it!
As a Puerto Rican, I'll agree with this.

Most of the latinas in my family are nurses, teachers, lawyers, social workers, and other business professionals. One of my cousins is even a nun. I'm in accounting.

The OP and his friends want to meet latinas, but I'm wondering why.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:45 AM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,879 times
Quote:

"Latino/a" is actually a meaningless term.

We should stop using it.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmatthew5876 View Post
The observation has probably more to do with the fact that you have to be a man and lead. White women and Asian women are a bit more tolerating of typical american beta male fearful apologetic behavior, especially when they are trying to find a safe stable husband to settle down with. If you lack any bit of confidence most Spanish women will smell it right away and shut you down.
I'm sure there are plenty of beta white males with Latinas.

Like LatinaProf said though, Latinas vary widely just like the women of any other ethnic group
Quote:

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
"Latino/a" is actually a meaningless term.

We should stop using it.
It simply means someone with heritage in Latin America, it's not meaningless

Old 11-09-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I'm sure there are plenty of beta white males with Latinas.

Like LatinaProf said though, Latinas vary widely just like the women of any other ethnic group

I agree

It simply means someone with heritage in Latin America, it's not meaningless
and "Latin America" is dozens of unrelated countries with many different people of diverse origins.

...it effectively means nothing.

Old 11-09-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
and "Latin America" is dozens of unrelated countries with many different people of diverse origins.

...if effectively means nothing.
They're not exactly unrelated, all of those countries, except for Brazil, are former colonies of Spain and Spanish speaking.

Would you rather he asked "where can I meet mestiza women"?

Old 11-09-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
They're not exactly unrelated, all of those countries, except for Brazil, are former colonies of Spain and Spanish speaking.
Lots of people are from former British colonies that are english-speaking; are they all part of the same ethnic group?

Quote:
Would you rather he asked "where can I meet mestiza women"?
I don't know. But at least then you would have some idea of what he was talking about.

Calling someone "Latina" could literally mean any kind of person you can imagine since it does not describe a specific nationality, culture, race or even language.

So-called Latinos often complain about stereotypes, but the underlying problem is that only a ridiculous stereotype or generalization could relate them because they don't actually have anything in common in the first place.

Old 11-09-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Lots of people are from former British colonies that are english-speaking; are they all part of the same ethnic group?

I don't know. But at least then you would have some idea of what he was talking about.

Calling someone "Latina" could literally mean any kind of person you can imagine since it does not describe a specific nationality, culture, race or even language.

So-called Latinos often complain about stereotypes, but the underlying problem is that only a ridiculous stereotype or generalization could relate them because they don't actually have anything in common in the first place.
Although there are a lot of differences between Latin American nations, it's a bit of a stretch saying they have nothing in common...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City