Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 11:20 PM

2 posts, read 2,567 times

Advertisements

Hello guys I am new to this and seeking some help/advice. I filled out an application for affordable housing and I was sent an email to come in for an interview, what I wanted to know is how is the interview process any tips? And also if they call me for the interview what are the chances of me landing an apartment? Would it be a long process for them to call you back again after the interview to see if you got the apartment or the long wait is only for being selected to get an interview? And help tips or advice would be greatly appreciated TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 04:16 PM

4,773 posts, read 6,571,114 times
It differs from developer to developer, but from what I understand, it's not really an interview. You gather up all the documents that you were asked to bring, make copies of everything, and show up at the appointed time. You'll sit down with a worker and she or he will eyeball each sheet of paper. If there's anything lacking, you'll be asked to provide it.

As far as the rest of the process, use the search function to look for affordable housing in this thread, and you'll find all kinds of things. The larger buildings have their own threads. Best of luck!

Old 11-13-2015, 09:03 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
There are about 1,000 thread on affordable housing and many posters discuss this have you tried looking at past threads

Old 11-20-2015, 06:28 PM

39 posts, read 66,873 times
Got called for an interview from housing connect for affordable housing but the income is really high....6k not sure how thats low!.... But if they xould see my application why would they call me foe an interview seeing my income is no where near there???....help!

Old 11-20-2015, 09:04 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk10456 View Post
Got called for an interview from housing connect for affordable housing but the income is really high....6k not sure how thats low!.... But if they xould see my application why would they call me foe an interview seeing my income is no where near there???....help!
The numbers are just generated they don't actually look at your information until you bring in paper work for the interview. If your income isn't in the range, I would not bother as you will be disqualified.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:27 PM

O ok thanks so much wasnt sure if i should even bother to look to hear from them but i guess i could let that go now

Old 11-22-2015, 06:11 AM

What do you means 6k for income? Maybe you're misunderstanding something. The income is usually given as an annual amount. 6k means six thousand. That would be really low as an annual income.

If you got called for an interview I would go to that and bring the documents they asked you for. Sometimes it's hard to tell how they're going to crunch the numbers, and you may be surprised that you qualify. Don't throw away your shot.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:56 AM

131 posts, read 338,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
What do you means 6k for income? Maybe you're misunderstanding something. The income is usually given as an annual amount. 6k means six thousand. That would be really low as an annual income.

If you got called for an interview I would go to that and bring the documents they asked you for. Sometimes it's hard to tell how they're going to crunch the numbers, and you may be surprised that you qualify. Don't throw away your shot.

Exactly!!

Old 11-22-2015, 08:20 AM

Sorry let me be more clear it says the starting income should be 60,000 mind you that this apartment was put on the affordable website housing connect i wasnt sure how that was affordable and to who ...to be honest not even middle class would be in that range of income so for them to contact me even if i was picked from the lottery its impossible to say that they have no idea as to what my icome is and its not near 60k.....ive applied to apartments before when i had welfare and was sent letters that i was picked but do to my income i couldnt go any further......so if they could see my income before.me handing in any documents ...why? Couldnt this development see them now and whats the since of asking if you know my income already thru the site

Old 11-22-2015, 11:05 AM

So you applied for an apartment that requires $60,000 a year in income. You don't make anything near that. Despite this, you were called for an interview. Is all this correct?

How were you contacted? Did you receive a letter? It does seem odd that you were contacted for something so far out of your income level. The letter should have more details.

However, mistakes get made. Does the building also have low-income units? Maybe they meant to call you for that, and the wrong form letter got sent out. If you want to PM me the name of the building, maybe I can help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City