Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 08:32 AM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Wow 150 people dead (on another continent) and people still bashing the mayor. How much they pay you a week man, DM me if you want to.
He made a very valid and prescient statement, relevent to the topic at hand. It is deflectors like you just did who are allowing this nation to swirl down the toilet bowl of "tolerance" and "political correctness".

If the NYPD fails to head off a muslim attack, DeBlasio's order to disband the surveillance unit will absolutely be to blame to some extent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Tell me about this preparation, and training. Does you screen name indicating that you were a paratrooper? That is pretty cool dude.
I was a paratrooper with the special forces, although not a green beret myself.

My training has taken many forms over the years, and my preparation includes having the arms, ammunition, food, equipment and supplies necessary to outfit myself and a few capable friends in the event we need to repel a 1-2 day sustained attack conducted by multiple attackers with light weaponry. That's about all I am willing to state online.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:06 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I'm sure the NYPD, Port Authority Police Department, MTA police and other law enforcement in the city are on high alert with this on going attack in Paris. As for why this happened to Paris? I don't put the blame on Islam. But the blame goes on alienation, economics, inequality on the Charlie Hebdo attacks on the recent attacks today on Paris. Alienation, low economic progress, inequality would make plenty of Arab migrants, North African and West Africans immigrants a highly marginalized group in France. Thus in process making these youths of these immigrant/migrant groups from muslim countries turn against their host country and start killing and become radicalized by Jihadi media. Lets not forget high amounts of unemployment and employment prospects for these youths especially Muslim youths in outside of Paris.

I hope as New Yorkers and Americans we can remain vigilant.
You can say the same about African Americans, and while their is a lot of barely suppressed rage and violence in their community, at least they aren't lobbing explosives onto masses of huddled innocent concert goers.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:57 AM

237 posts, read 329,923 times
These attacks were done military-style. These weren't a bunch of disenfranchised muslims with nothing else to do.

They had bomb vests, kalishnikovs, money, intel. They didn't pick these attack sites randomly.

Clearly funded by state-level actors. ISIS claims responsibility, but who funds ISIS?

Cui bono?

Old 11-14-2015, 10:25 AM

34,090 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
He made a very valid and prescient statement, relevent to the topic at hand. It is deflectors like you just did who are allowing this nation to swirl down the toilet bowl of "tolerance" and "political correctness".

If the NYPD fails to head off a muslim attack, DeBlasio's order to disband the surveillance unit will absolutely be to blame to some extent.
Since when NYPD is in charge of destroying world terrorism??? That's the problem with the US in the first place, sticking our nose where it doesn't belong.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-14-2015, 10:50 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seansean View Post
These attacks were done military-style. These weren't a bunch of disenfranchised muslims with nothing else to do.

They had bomb vests, kalishnikovs, money, intel. They didn't pick these attack sites randomly.

Clearly funded by state-level actors. ISIS claims responsibility, but who funds ISIS?

Cui bono?
Private donors from UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar fund Isis. As well as the Turkish Republic and Israel also funds Isis. Isis was created by the USA.

Historically the muslims used to rule the known world from its base either in Damascus or Baghdad. The Mongol ruler Ghengis Khan who conquered China and Russia and the Stans, his descendents destroyed the Middle East leaving it in a mess for centuries to come. The Mongol Conquest allowed Western Europe to rise and conquer the old world and discover the new world in that process. So far we have had 500 years of Western domination, via Spanish, British and American global rule. Lots of Islamic Jihadist want an global Empire that stretch from West Africa, to north as Russia, to far south as India and Indonesia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Thanks to George Bush for opening up the gates to hell after Saddam Hussein had kept them closed for decades. This must be part of the "wave of democracy" Rumsfeld predicted would sweep across the middle east by toppling him.
Dick Cheney predicted that would happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
I am glad that one of the most pressing things our mayor did his first week in office was disband a police unit collecting surveillance on the Muslim community. The unit was eyes and ears on the ground. Gee, that wouldn't have helped in France at all.
I'm not big fan of De Blasio, but I think personally think he made the right call on this. Police should not be used as spies, but are need to be used to protect and serve the public. It's the Feds jobs such as the NSA, FBI on the home front and the CIA and the foreign front to spy and gather intelligence about Islamic Jihadist, and therefore that information should be submitted to local police forces. If the City of NY wants to spy on individuals, they should ask for Federal approval, or become an independent country aka a city state. If police want to spy and on individuals, it should be done in a matter of a federal task force that allows local police to come along with them on raids, busts and missions.

Old 11-14-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Since when NYPD is in charge of destroying world terrorism??? That's the problem with the US in the first place, sticking our nose where it doesn't belong.
Who mentioned world terrorism? The NYPD is responsible for fending off MUSLIM terrorism in NYC, which DeBlasio happens to be the mayor of. So once again: the comment was relevent and DeBlasio is responsible for ensuring that HIS NYPD has all the tools necessary to keep NY'ers safe. Pandering to butt-hurt muslims and their sympathizers should not be his main concern.

Old 11-14-2015, 11:45 AM

34,090 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Who mentioned world terrorism? The NYPD is responsible for fending off MUSLIM terrorism in NYC, which DeBlasio happens to be the mayor of. So once again: the comment was relevent and DeBlasio is responsible for ensuring that HIS NYPD has all the tools necessary to keep NY'ers safe. Pandering to butt-hurt muslims and their sympathizers should not be his main concern.
But this didn't happen in NYC....this happened in Paris....so how is DeBlasio responsible for something that happened in Paris. I don't even know why his name was even brought into this thread.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-14-2015, 12:18 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,075,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post

Dick Cheney predicted that would happen.
I know. He predicted the consequences and then made sure it all happened anyway. What does that say about him ?

Old 11-14-2015, 12:21 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
I know. He predicted the consequences and then made sure it all happened anyway. What does that say about him ?
He knew, but he got his money and was out. Cheny was the head of the whole entire administration from 9 11 to economic choices during the 2008 economic crash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City