Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 06:54 PM

22 posts, read 41,869 times

Advertisements

Still haven't heard anything either. It's past 30 days for me. When I was talking to them about the time frame earlier in the process she said they were putting a rush on my application. They ran my credit, my employer filled out the verification form. Everything extra they asked for on my end has been submitted.. maybe it has to get approved by the city next??? I don't wanna be a pest and bother her but I at least want to know where I stand with the process. Hopefully soon I get a call.... I wonder if they call whether you get approved or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 08:28 PM

436 posts, read 495,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeneeee711 View Post
Still haven't heard anything either. It's past 30 days for me. When I was talking to them about the time frame earlier in the process she said they were putting a rush on my application. They ran my credit, my employer filled out the verification form. Everything extra they asked for on my end has been submitted.. maybe it has to get approved by the city next??? I don't wanna be a pest and bother her but I at least want to know where I stand with the process. Hopefully soon I get a call.... I wonder if they call whether you get approved or not?
Yeah based on how my process went with the current housing lottery I live in, after they verified all my information and did the credit check and employment check and asked for extra paystubs and bank statements, they send it to the city for approval and that took like 5-7 business days for one city agency and then another 3-4 days for a second agency to approve. But so far I think you are good, if you have gotten credit checks and employment verifications send to your job then I think you have one foot in the door!! But just call to find out where in the process your application is in! Good luck!

Old 10-14-2016, 01:56 PM

Just got emailed by the lady working on my case, saying that she is still missing the requested forms from me, which I had faxed the next day after the interview, and I had the "Job Done Notice" email from the fax machine. I emailed her back and send her the attachments of the receipt from the fax machines. She said that it was not in my file and to resend it to her. So now I have to wait until Monday to send my income tax form from 2014-2015 and so my file can finally be reviewed. UGHHHH

Old 10-14-2016, 03:11 PM

God luck to you too. Keeping my Fingers crossed! I will email both ladies on Mondday about the status. How long after you were contacted for your current apartment were you approved? Was it through related management as well??

Old 10-14-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
God luck to you too. Keeping my Fingers crossed! I will email both ladies on Mondday about the status. How long after you were contacted for your current apartment were you approved? Was it through related management as well??
No this one was prestige management. And girlllll the hellll of a process I went thru with this one....I hope that related doesn't compare to prestige. I originally interviewed in November 2015 and then got contacted in April 2016 for verification and credit check and all. ��

Old 10-15-2016, 11:07 AM

Prestige management was my management company at a previous apartment of mine. I don't like them at all. I moved just because they were never responsive.... I'm hoping this process is not a long process. I was reading other boards about different lotteries... seem like forever from the time they applied to when they awarded an apartment. I said I was going to email them on Monday. I couldn't wait. I just emailed the lady now. Hopefully on Monday I get a response. I asked where I stand in the process?

Old 10-17-2016, 09:49 AM

Well I don't think I got the apartment. She just emailed me and said a determination was sent to me on sept 20. Which I haven't received. But I'm sure it's a rejection letter. And depending on why I was denied I wonder if I can appeal . It's almost been a month

Old 10-17-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Well I don't think I got the apartment. She just emailed me and said a determination was sent to me on sept 20. Which I haven't received. But I'm sure it's a rejection letter. And depending on why I was denied I wonder if I can appeal . It's almost been a month
I wonder what that could be :/ she emailed me this morning about still not receive if the fax so I scanned the documents she wanted and emailed it to her. I then called her to make sure she got it and she said she received the email but hasn't gone thru the documents but that she will review the file. I asked her what I should expext from the process now and she said she can't say but once they review everything and they decide they will let me know

Old 10-17-2016, 11:54 AM

I was denied due to credit. My credit is not the best but it isn't bad . I have bad accounts on my credit that were fradunetly opened and I have been trying forever to have it removed. I'm going to Appeal tomorrow. It's way past the 10 days , But she acknowledged it was sent to the wrong address and she emailed me the letter. So that shouldn't count

Old 10-17-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I was denied due to credit. My credit is not the best but it isn't bad . I have bad accounts on my credit that were fradunetly opened and I have been trying forever to have it removed. I'm going to Appeal tomorrow. It's way past the 10 days , But she acknowledged it was sent to the wrong address and she emailed me the letter. So that shouldn't count
Ohhh ok yeah appeal it girl! I'll keep you posted on what they tell me. Let me know how the appeal goes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City