Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2016, 07:53 PM

306 posts, read 283,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_Dude View Post
Well some of my friends are struggling to pay the 4 figure rent in Manhattan, I just pay just a fraction over here in Queens. I don't mind the subway ride that's under an hour home to Woodhaven. I have access to the E and the J train. I take the elevated J train line if I want to access the internet on my iPhone or make phone calls. I take the express underground E train when I want to read a book, listen to music, or just rest and relax on my ride to and from the city. I prefer to save the money, but still have access to the city when I want. Each to their own I guess.
WELL SAID

Where ever the water is fresh for you , that's where you have to be . Me in Jamaica Queens that's where the water is fresh for me . It is affordable , I am able to save good money living here and I live an upper middle class lifestyle.

When I need to go to Manhattan . I just cross the street from my place , then take the Long Island Railroad to Penn station , from there I can go anywhere I want in Manhattan. The ride is only 20 minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 03:48 AM

294 posts, read 263,270 times
Jamaica Now Action Plan Set to Revitalize the Area

Old 02-25-2016, 09:22 PM

It's about time , Jamaica has so much to offer . I am happy now investors finally see that

Old 02-26-2016, 12:30 PM

14,045 posts, read 13,917,236 times
New York’s Next Hot Neighborhoods

Bushwick, Brooklyn, is over. Ridgewood, Queens, had its hipster moment.

Townhouses have been selling for more than $1 million in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, for some time. And investors are beating a path to the South Bronx and Staten Island.

In New York City real estate, the quest for the next hot neighborhood never ends. But spotting an area that is on the rise before it becomes the next big thing is no easy call. The arrival of a farm-to-table restaurant doesn’t guarantee the neighborhood has turned the corner. Nor can buyer interest change a blighted area overnight. “Just because gentrification is happening doesn’t mean crime drops precipitously,” said Jonathan J. Miller, the president of the appraisal firm Miller Samuel. “It’s a process.”

Top 4

Sunset Park West, Brooklyn
The Rockaways, Queens
Flatbush, Brooklyn
East Harlem

Jamaica, Queens is not on the list for top 4 but developers are taking notes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/re...oods.html?_r=0

Old 02-26-2016, 12:47 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,247,324 times
NY's Next Hot Neighborhood is underground. They'll be retrofitting the abandoned subway tunnels under grand central, and building out condos.

Old 02-26-2016, 12:49 PM

14,045 posts, read 13,917,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlJohnsons View Post
NY's Next Hot Neighborhood is underground. They'll be retrofitting the abandoned subway tunnels under grand central, and building out condos.
Rats, cockroaches are going to get price out

Old 02-26-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
New York’s Next Hot Neighborhoods

Bushwick, Brooklyn, is over. Ridgewood, Queens, had its hipster moment.

Townhouses have been selling for more than $1 million in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, for some time. And investors are beating a path to the South Bronx and Staten Island.

In New York City real estate, the quest for the next hot neighborhood never ends. But spotting an area that is on the rise before it becomes the next big thing is no easy call. The arrival of a farm-to-table restaurant doesn’t guarantee the neighborhood has turned the corner. Nor can buyer interest change a blighted area overnight. “Just because gentrification is happening doesn’t mean crime drops precipitously,” said Jonathan J. Miller, the president of the appraisal firm Miller Samuel. “It’s a process.”

Top 4

Sunset Park West, Brooklyn
The Rockaways, Queens
Flatbush, Brooklyn
East Harlem

Jamaica, Queens is not on the list for top 4 but developers are taking notes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/re...oods.html?_r=0

The video up there speak for itself . I believe the video , not what NY times post . Also when you go to Jamaica you can already see changes compare to a few years ago . And more and more middle class , upper middle class people are moving in Jamaica .

Old 03-01-2016, 07:32 PM

436 posts, read 564,791 times
https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...al-termination

Yep. Nevermind the garbage and other issues that continue to plague the neighborhood.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:15 PM

172 posts, read 185,490 times
Jamaica is not that far away from the city. The travel time is no different from Wall Street to the upper reaches of Manhattan. If you decide to live in the upscale part of Jamaica, there is always Jamaica Estates and a little farther up to major transportation.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:57 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow1990 View Post
Jamaica is not that far away from the city. The travel time is no different from Wall Street to the upper reaches of Manhattan. If you decide to live in the upscale part of Jamaica, there is always Jamaica Estates and a little farther up to major transportation.
the E train seems to get into Manhattan pretty quickly, it took me from Jamaica Center to Lexington Ave in what felt like 25 minutes or so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City