Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 08:13 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
I am also one hundred percent certain the MTA is going to nix the unlimited option once they put in their stupid new system of swiping your smart phone. I don't even have a smart phone lol i'm that ratchet. Also, just noticed on 5th avenue in Park Slope... near Dean Street YESTERDAY a brand new countdown clock for BUSES! It worked! Today? it was already out of service, and they could have only put this up like last week cuz it wasnt there last weekend.

Never gonna happen unless the MTA wants to buy a LOT of people new Smart Phones. I don't have one either because when I am out on the street I don't want to be pestered by calls and texts and dragging another piece of STUFF around...I have enough what with wallet, keys, comb, glasses, book, tissues, etc. etc. Any electronic communication can wait until I get home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 10:34 PM

6,192 posts, read 7,355,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizfromtheBronx View Post
In the future, you may want to adopt the habit of never needing to refill your card on your way somewhere. I always refill my card on my way home. Someone suggested that to me a few years ago and it's been very helpful. I also keep an extra MetroCard in my wallet for emergencies, but that's my OCD lol.
I always try to refill my card before I need it next---like even after I am leaving the station---when I notice it's starting to run low because my luck would have everything broken at once when I need it.

I am tired of people: (a) asking for swipes and/or (b) asking them to open the emergency exit for them.

Today I saw a guy hop the turnstile when I was leaving work and bring his bike around through the emergency exit---but he apparently didn't look to his right before he did it and there were three cops there, who promptly walked over and asked him to step aside. I don't know---I see it all of the time---more than the bus nonsense.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:44 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
I hopped a turnstile ONCE, on the Ninth Street PATH train. It was late (half hour schedule) and the train was in the station and I didn;t have time to get my fare card out of my wallet. I was also somewhat buzzed.
So over I go in my best gymnast form, catching the front of one shoe on the gate. Off came my hands and I landed on them on the concrete. I thought for sure I had broken my right wrist...it hurt like Hell.
I made the train, my wrist was only sprained but that is the LAST TIME I will ever do that. (I guess white people aren't genetically equipped for it. ) Wasn't there a movie called WHITE MEN CAN'T JUMP TURNSTILES?

Old 01-11-2018, 04:18 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,765,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Never gonna happen unless the MTA wants to buy a LOT of people new Smart Phones. I don't have one either because when I am out on the street I don't want to be pestered by calls and texts and dragging another piece of STUFF around...I have enough what with wallet, keys, comb, glasses, book, tissues, etc. etc. Any electronic communication can wait until I get home.
Wow! I find that amazing, actually. Woah.

Old 01-11-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Back in my day when a bus driver spotted someone getting on back of bus without paying, or walked past him doing same he'd shut things down until passenger either paid or got off. Have not seen that in decades.
Oh, yeah. I remember. The last time that happened was way back in college. I was on a bus where the driver refused to move because someone shortchanged him a nickel. A nickel! And no one said anything or complained. I guess bus drivers yielded a lot more authority back in the day. Now, they get beaten up.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
But if you are a young woman, or a woman in general especially with kids, it's okay, HOP ON! I get it, i do, but still. I should have been left on. I can't wait to turn elderly and toss everyone outta their seats on the bus.
lol. The things you say.

Old 04-28-2018, 04:53 PM

69 posts, read 78,819 times
What do you guys think the fare evasion rate is on the bus

Old 04-28-2018, 05:35 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,235,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerezz7 View Post
What do you guys think the fare evasion rate is on the bus
In the Bronx its extremely high.

Old 04-28-2018, 05:40 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,884,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
say it again

Old 04-28-2018, 05:53 PM

69 posts, read 78,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Do they get caught often or no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City