Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2016, 08:20 PM

377 posts, read 509,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
Thanks, Inaita. I hope the lease-signing goes well. I'm trying to put this development out of my mind, as even with a low log number, I don't have preference, and there's not that many apts available. There's two more developments in my CB I've applied to.
Thank you. I hope that one of these works out for you. I really do believe that your low log number for this development and your CB preference for the others puts you at an advantage. Don't give up...be patient. I think I sort of figured out that the first group who were invited to view apts may have consisted of the "preference" applicants (I would say there were about 40 of us present). They are now calling another group to view apts next week. So I would remain hopeful; good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 07:34 AM

9 posts, read 14,366 times
Any updates?

Old 09-27-2016, 09:26 AM

I picked up my keys for my apartment yesterday and plan to move in a few weeks! My unit is very nice with a temporary river view. I sort of feel like a pioneer...the building itself is still not complete; only certain floors are. The area around the building is full of activity with new construction and there are brand new sidewalks here and there. The staff are friendly and professional.

Old 10-31-2016, 10:31 AM

57 posts, read 90,366 times
Does anyone have any updates at all for this project???

Old 10-31-2016, 06:03 PM

From what I can tell, it seems that at least two groups of 80/20 tenants have moved in.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:25 PM

Here's another update: Today a third cohort of applicants were shown their respective units.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaita View Post
Here's another update: Today a third cohort of applicants were shown their respective units.
Doesn't seem so promising anymore then they probably rented them all out ... I thought I had a fighting chance.

Old 11-04-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptionalview1010 View Post
Doesn't seem so promising anymore then they probably rented them all out ... I thought I had a fighting chance.
Please know that this update was not intended to discourage you; you should continue to be hopeful until you are either offered a unit or are actually informed that you are rejected (in which case you would appeal). Can I ask, has your application been sent to the city for approval?

Old 11-04-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaita View Post
Please know that this update was not intended to discourage you; you should continue to be hopeful until you are either offered a unit or are actually informed that you are rejected (in which case you would appeal). Can I ask, has your application been sent to the city for approval?
According to what they've told me it's been sent to management for approval to make sure everything is in tact and if so then it would be sent to the city. So I'm not sure if that's what you mean.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptionalview1010 View Post
According to what they've told me it's been sent to management for approval to make sure everything is in tact and if so then it would be sent to the city. So I'm not sure if that's what you mean.
I think you should remain positive; if you don't hear from them, it may mean that they send your file to the city. I recall being kept in the dark about this and not knowing what was happening and I know if you call they are not forthcoming with information which is very frustrating.

I wish you good luck; stay positive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery