Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 10:32 AM

56 posts, read 109,172 times

Advertisements

CONSTRUCTION UPDATE:

21 West End Avenue : Curbed NY

Construction Photos: 21 West End Avenue, NYC

What would be considered a good log number for these apartments? I have a log number of 3,4XX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 07:35 PM

296 posts, read 481,167 times
Question lyla45

From other posts /other forums I have learned that for 100 lottery apartments they need just about 3000 people/ log #'s. And even though you got the interview/which I am/ and passed it well, if your log# was so high/with just 5% preference/ , they will place you on waiting list/waiting time 10 years!!!!! DON'T SEE any sense go for interview with SO high log#. But....I'm on Waiting list for public housing almost 3 years already. Maybe, that's would be faster????

Old 01-29-2016, 07:59 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliya47 View Post
From other posts /other forums I have learned that for 100 lottery apartments they need just about 3000 people/ log #'s. And even though you got the interview/which I am/ and passed it well, if your log# was so high/with just 5% preference/ , they will place you on waiting list/waiting time 10 years!!!!! DON'T SEE any sense go for interview with SO high log#. But....I'm on Waiting list for public housing almost 3 years already. Maybe, that's would be faster????
Ok then do as you like. I'm done trying to convince you, how lucky you are to even have gotten an interview and to be put on the wait list. Don't complain about your studio costing to much cause you didn't want to put in the effort or NYCHA taking to long cause you don't feel like going to the interview. These things take years. Either put in the effort of get your own apartment and don't complain about the cost. I've been try for 10 years for an 80/20. I'll keep going to until my career decides to start paying more.

Old 01-31-2016, 05:34 PM

Cool lyla45

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Ok then do as you like. I'm done trying to convince you, how lucky you are to even have gotten an interview and to be put on the wait list. Don't complain about your studio costing to much cause you didn't want to put in the effort or NYCHA taking to long cause you don't feel like going to the interview. These things take years. Either put in the effort of get your own apartment and don't complain about the cost. I've been try for 10 years for an 80/20. I'll keep going to until my career decides to start paying more.
I was putting already pretty much effort for apartment lottery, since from 2007/was my 1 interview , then in 2012 and 2013 couple more interviews .Now is 2016, and I' m still playing! I have a perfect credit history, but for apartment lottery you need also a Perfect LOW NUMBER!:

Old 02-03-2016, 05:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,920 times
my husband just got a letter with a log number for these apts just faxed them back our income proof today his log number is in the 12,xxx range

Old 02-04-2016, 09:57 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,328 times
Quote:
I was putting already pretty much effort for apartment lottery, since from 2007/was my 1 interview , then in 2012 and 2013 couple more interviews .Now is 2016, and I' m still playing! I have a perfect credit history, but for apartment lottery you need also a Perfect LOW NUMBER!:
You don't need a low number if you have a preference. I am guessing that you do because they called you even with your high lottery number. Even after you submit your other information and have an interview, there is no guarantee that you will receive the apartment. Have you ever tried to ask them why you were rejected for the apartment- maybe your credit rating wan't high enough, your salary was over by a certain number, etc. You are at least getting called for interviews which is more than some people are getting who have been entering lotteries longer than you have.

It really is a waiting game to get some of these apartments- some people get in a development on their first try and some people wait years.

If you feel that you have been trying for too much time and not getting anywhere, stop entering lotteries and start looking for an apartment on your own.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:20 PM

Red face lyla45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
You don't need a low number if you have a preference. I am guessing that you do because they called you even with your high lottery number. Even after you submit your other information and have an interview, there is no guarantee that you will receive the apartment. Have you ever tried to ask them why you were rejected for the apartment- maybe your credit rating wan't high enough, your salary was over by a certain number, etc. You are at least getting called for interviews which is more than some people are getting who have been entering lotteries longer than you have.

It really is a waiting game to get some of these apartments- some people get in a development on their first try and some people wait years.

If you feel that you have been trying for too much time and not getting anywhere, stop entering lotteries and start looking for an apartment on your own.
I were on several interviews since 2007. The last one in 2015, with log#8500. I passed the interview, my credit score 823/wich is perfect. But, when I called them back SO MANY times, they said: they never riched my log#. They put me on waiting list. But I am on waiting list at NYCHA for almost 3 years. SO, I think, that's would be faster and much more chipper. As for the waiting lists, the lottery apartments CHANGE the income limits over the time. So, there is no guarantee for that also. As for now, I have a pretty much nice and big studio. But, need something more affordable. :

Old 02-05-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post

Agree Ms T

Some people will always complain and never be happy. They expect the world but won't do out and do the work to receive it.

Old 02-05-2016, 03:19 PM

Cool lyla45

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Agree Ms T

Some people will always complain and never be happy. They expect the world but won't do out and do the work to receive it.
Sometimes you need be just realistic. I use to analize how the lottery works, how the lottery waiting list works. Still play, but would be waiting pretty low log#. Otherwise, just don't want waist my time and energy for something you will never get.

Old 02-05-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Sometimes you need be just realistic. I use to analize how the lottery works, how the lottery waiting list works. Still play, but would be waiting pretty low log#. Otherwise, just don't want waist my time and energy for something you will never get.
And you have proof you will never get it???

Thats fine if you don't want to play the lotto game just don't expect a NYCHA apt either.

Looks like the only option for you is to work another job so you can afford market rate rent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery