Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 05:30 PM

377 posts, read 509,483 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard back yet or been invited for an interview?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 03:34 PM

18 posts, read 35,432 times
Hey everyone, just got a letter today that my income met the criteria and our family has a scheduled in person interview next month. Just a heads up if you submitted paperwork with financials already and were waiting for the response. So keep an eye out and good luck. Also prepare yourself to bring in all the paperwork again going back six months from time of interview - copy and originals, school letters for any kids and birth certificates, social, id's...etc. Anyone over 18 that will live in unit must be present at interview and they are doing credit checks. Ours isn't great but not bad either. My concern is all my bills are paid and so is my rent. They look like they are sticklers, so I suggest ALL bills are up to date because they want copies of your light and telephone bills going back 3 months as well. Good luck everyone....looks good so far.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaita View Post
I received a letter requesting income information do that they could determine if I am income eligible. I submitted the required information about 5 weeks ago but have not received a response. Has anyone else been contacted? What was your experience? thanks
Just got a letter today for an in person interview for next month. My income met the criteria. I made a post above with what they want now. Good luck, keep an eye out

Old 03-23-2016, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychh View Post
Family if 5 living in a 1 bd?
Why people do that to their kids? All of that for living in NYC????!!!

I suggest before you add your 2 cents, you get the whole side of the picture. I am a life long NYC resident and so is my husband. We work hard, pay our bills and taxes just like everyone. So when the opportunity for a RENT CONTROLLED unit came into play, who wouldn't. None of your business what we pay, but it allows us to live comfortably. So we apply in the hopes of not having to leave the city, but if we have to, we would with no problem.

Don't be bitter we make it work. I have 3 children...one who is in NYU on a full scholarship and 2 little ones in Gifted and Talented... so don't tell me how can I do that to my kids...raise your own if you have any and shut your mouth about others...ya dig!

Have a nice life and best of luck in all you do. And think, before you speak or in your case TYPE. TROLL!

Old 03-23-2016, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychh View Post
i just found out that i put incorrect mailing address in my application, how can i find out if they sent me a latter or not???

You're smart, right? I'm sure you can figure it out since you give such great parenting advice. good luck with that "latter" issue..

Old 03-23-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixf1re220 View Post
Just got a letter today for an in person interview for next month. My income met the criteria. I made a post above with what they want now. Good luck, keep an eye out
Just got my letter for an interview in April so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks for the heads up and good luck to you. Your family sounds terrific...I hope a large apartment at 21 West End is already reserved for you and your family.

Old 03-23-2016, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaita View Post
Just got my letter for an interview in April so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks for the heads up and good luck to you. Your family sounds terrific...I hope a large apartment at 21 West End is already reserved for you and your family.

I am so happy for you. I literally came back on here, just to let you know I received a letter, so you could keep a look out. Thank you so much. I really hope so for my kids. I'd hate to live NYC, but unless I hit the lotto in the next 3 years, we'd probably have to go to another borough. I don't mind, but the commute....lol! I hope there is one there already waiting for you! Good luck in April and keep me posted. We are all trying to move up in this world and good things come to good people. I have faith for the both of us. Just getting asked to come in is a blessing and I am grateful for the opportunity. This lottery thing is not easy at all and this is my first response in 4 years. The numbers of applicants per every new listing is rising at alarming rates and shows how many people are really working hard to make ends meet. It's been tough for us, but we have stood on top of everything, so I think now it's just a matter of verifying all the paperwork again and putting a face to the applicant and seeing what they are really about. We both know they are not going to move just anyone in there. Our units will be mixed with the ones paying market prices.

Last edited by Phoenixf1re220; 03-23-2016 at 10:24 PM..

Old 03-25-2016, 12:04 PM

56 posts, read 109,225 times
What are your log numbers range for the ones who've been called in for an interview, and do you have preferences?

Old 03-25-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubie940123 View Post
What are your log numbers range for the ones who've been called in for an interview, and do you have preferences?
My log number is in the 56,000 + range and I personally know a 551 that also got a letter. It looks like they did rounds because they asked for us to send in our financials first back in the end of January and I got a letter this week to come in for an in person interview in April because my financials qualified. I think the whole "log number" theory is out the window on this one. Maybe only for accountability and random numbers selected by computer. Who knows right? What I do know, the numbers applying for every new building going up is climbing and fast. I lucked out on this one. I live in Community Board and work for the city, so this may be my best shot in 4 years of trying this. I wish everyone luck, it's getting harder and harder

Old 03-25-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubie940123 View Post
Log number is in the 10,000 range and I have a preference. Interview to be held in early April. Good luck to everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery