Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 02:26 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,689,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
His choices were to have his daughter see him get killed or hopefully make it to and get help fast enough.
Clearly the second choice wasn't great as she still was raped but he was able to get help.
I don't know its a hard situation to be put in.
Yeah, Tough predicament to be in. Everyone would handle critical situations differently. I'm not leaving my daughter behind with five savages. It's amazing what strength someone gets in a live or die situation.

On a side note, these five boys will be getting a NYC settlement in 15-20 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 03:39 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
So you ok with your daughter having the image of your head being blown away from the rest of her life?
Perhaps feeling guilt that she caused your death cause you stayed for her.
I'm sure she still would've been raped. So now she lost her dad and was raped.
The dad left and got help. It wasn't like he don't come back. He came back with the police.

They are already looking into police arrival time - nobody understands why it took them so long to show up. The savages had enough time to rape her - five of them - and then get away.

And I agree with the rest.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:59 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,059 times
This is savage and disgusting. I'm sure if the dad fought back he would of been terminated along with the daughter, that or badly injured. It's a hard choice situation, really. Some men would of engaged and died defending their ground. We will see more bizarre, sadistic crimes to come, like I said, society is becoming worst, almost like comic book villains without the costumes or like movie villains. Hopefully this is not a new trend in crime.

Old 01-10-2016, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
Hopefully they get caught, the "sisters" will be more than happy to apply some Shawshank Redemption to each and everyone of them
Hopefully they are not too young to be tried as adults.
Hard to tell on the video.

Old 01-10-2016, 05:19 PM

993 posts, read 1,385,710 times
Is there any kind of victim counseling that spins off the hospital, after they treat a victim physically for rape and do a rape kit for conviction? She'll need a ton of psychological help, about the rape and her Dad leaving her there.

That Dad, too, is surely suffering from guilt, although to me his choices were impossible in the moment.

Old 01-10-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightRabbit View Post
Is there any kind of victim counseling that spins off the hospital, after they treat a victim physically for rape and do a rape kit for conviction? She'll need a ton of psychological help, about the rape and her Dad leaving her there.

That Dad, too, is surely suffering from guilt, although to me his choices were impossible in the moment.
I think he made the only possible choice, although more may come out in the coming days.
If they had shot him the police would have arrived even later.

They offer counseling for all kinds of things but the person needs to accept it.

Old 01-10-2016, 06:04 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,734 times
This is really disgusting; I hope they are identified soon, caught and prosecuted.

Old 01-10-2016, 06:18 PM

Two of them surrendered - probably the two most prominent in the video ...? as would stand to reason.

There is a bit more information as well here: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2491590

Old 01-10-2016, 06:28 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,689,747 times
The plot thickens............

Old 01-10-2016, 06:40 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Two of them surrendered - probably the two most prominent in the video ...? as would stand to reason.

There is a bit more information as well here: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2491590
This is a weird story. I guess people behave in unpredictable ways when under severe stress, but you'd think he could have asked the clerk to make the 911 call for him instead of just asking to use the phone. It was just lucky there were two cops outside that he was able to flag down.

The part about the mental disorders and biting is odd, too. Perhaps that was a result of psychological trauma sustained the attack. Since it's an early article in the Daily News, have to take all reporting with a grain of salt. They usually get quite a bit wrong, especially in the early stages of a story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City