U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 07:26 AM

116 posts, read 115,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc172 View Post
Hello everyone, sry it's been a while, so today I went to prestige mgmt and met with the staff FROM HELL, I rang the bell and it was like no one wanted to open the door, I waited for about 2min before the wait game was completed, now they say I have a few days to bring in the documents yet I had emailed them everything. So I will be in 1490 and their waiting on my 1040 then my bank documents. And someone said the apts were furnished, some girl with two kids who were actn in a very bad demeanor, hopefully I don't leave my apt where I pay $1,000 to go somewhere paying $1,200 and regret it. Can I ask anyone who is here is the apt worth it?
TBH... and I don't want to deter you from this place altogether, but I would advise that you just carefully consider other options. In my case, I was also paying about $975 for a large studio in a private house, not too far from the building, and I still wonder whether it was worth it to go from $975 a month to $1200 a month at this place.

I have a nice view and more autonomy/privacy, BUT I also feel more isolated and cut off from everything living over here. Also, as stated multiple times by others in the thread, the management company sucks and is very unorganized. Sometimes I wonder if I should have just turned down the offer and explored other options elsewhere, idk.

I just know that I can't really see myself sticking around here more than a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 11:48 AM

86 posts, read 238,247 times
Hey guys,
So I finally heard back from the processing lady last Thursday and now she tells me that the studio I saw in August is no longer available. So she sent me to see a 1bdrm Wichita is now gonna cost me $1200 as opposed to $975. The apartment is beautiful don't get me wrong, I'm just wondering why all the flip flopping around on apartments? Also I'm not too crazy about the area where this bldg is located, there really isn't much around there. So on Saturday I received a letter from another housing lottery called Steinway Estates. I went to see the building the other day, and it's nice. Construction is all done. The area is much better than Boone Ave and it's in Queens so I don't have to relocate to another borough. Now there will only be 9 apartments that my income qualifies for so I'm wondering if it's worth it to let the Boone Ave complex go for this one in Steinway.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:59 PM

373 posts, read 327,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy92885 View Post
Hey guys,
So I finally heard back from the processing lady last Thursday and now she tells me that the studio I saw in August is no longer available. So she sent me to see a 1bdrm Wichita is now gonna cost me $1200 as opposed to $975. The apartment is beautiful don't get me wrong, I'm just wondering why all the flip flopping around on apartments? Also I'm not too crazy about the area where this bldg is located, there really isn't much around there. So on Saturday I received a letter from another housing lottery called Steinway Estates. I went to see the building the other day, and it's nice. Construction is all done. The area is much better than Boone Ave and it's in Queens so I don't have to relocate to another borough. Now there will only be 9 apartments that my income qualifies for so I'm wondering if it's worth it to let the Boone Ave complex go for this one in Steinway.
Sadly, several residents of this development have expressed concerns similar to yours. You are fortunate because you are in position where you have options. You should follow your gut feelings and definitely follow up on the Queens development. Good luck!

Old 10-04-2016, 03:30 PM

246 posts, read 399,479 times
Quote:
Hey guys,
I think you should go for the queens apartment. I see a lot of concerns about compass.

Old 10-05-2016, 07:50 AM

80 posts, read 88,242 times
Quote:
Hey guys,
Good morning Lizzy, I say go with the development in Queens...there are way too many issues at Compass and for them to now no longer have the studio available and want you to pay $1200 I say no..they have a lot of issues they need to work on and I don't see anything getting straightened out anytime soon...unless that's what you want to do. The area is very deserted on Boone because this used to be an industrial area, so now that they are mixing it with residential, more businesses should be popping up closer...if you don't have a car, then this area is not convenient, especially once the winter rolls around and you have to walk to the subways...whatever decision you decide to make, I wish you the best of luck...my suggestion to anyone who gets called to move here, is look the other way because the disorganization alone will drive you nuts, not to mention the nasty tenants who act like we're in the projects...such a beautiful complex with ugly qualities.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:09 AM

So I was approved for the 1bdrm apartment

Old 10-12-2016, 02:27 PM

I'm gonna go sign the lease today and drop off a deposit.

Old 10-16-2016, 02:41 PM

So guys I signed the one year lease. Now, I noticed that there are no light fixtures in my living room or my bedroom. I was wondering if any of you apartments are like this. Cuz I have a light switch in my bedroom but no light fixture in the ceiling. Very weird.

Old 10-16-2016, 03:47 PM

31 posts, read 40,256 times
Hey Lizzy! Congrats on the apartment. And yes all of the apartments do not have light fixtures in the living room and bedrooms.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:48 PM

Any particular reason why? And can I have the super install them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City