Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 12:50 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,228,335 times

Advertisements

Coming from him that's not an insult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 02:14 PM

33,981 posts, read 17,011,440 times
As a Fordham grad who loves visiting NYC, Cruz can go after the "inbred values" that are his base.

Old 01-14-2016, 03:09 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,973,914 times
What is so bizarre about the masses view on Trump. I've seen people, most who are historically liberal, democratic and left or even historical right say, "I agree with Trump" or "I agree with what he is saying" or "Wow, Trump is totally right" but then say they can't vote for him because he is sick or crazy just doesn't add up to me. Seems like a lot of people are scared of being mocked and afraid of criticism coming from a certain crowd. Got to man up. If you agree, even see what's going on, then you got to ride with it.

Old 01-14-2016, 03:14 PM

31,856 posts, read 26,880,528 times
Trump is the great white hope of a certain demographic of America that sees all they once knew and held dear vanishing.

Pick one, gay marriage, an African-American in the WH calling the shots, sliding/declining standard of living, long term unemployment, war on coal and certain other industries... the list goes on.

Troubling thing is many of these persons mirroring Trump and or supporting his hate filled rhetoric actually benefit or could from Obama's and or democrat's policies.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:04 AM

119 posts, read 110,663 times
Trump doesn't have a chance but by all means please continue to enjoy the circus that is the Republican Party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Trump is going to be one of the greatest presidents this nation has ever had. I wish we could abolish term limits sometimes.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:18 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,548,993 times
I can't believe Cruz is popular in any way after how many billions he cost this country with the government shutdown. What an a$$ move that was.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:25 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,936,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptowner10 View Post
Trump doesn't have a chance but by all means please continue to enjoy the circus that is the Republican Party.
Yea its not likes hes leading in the polls or anything like that . He will win every primary except for maybe Iowa which he will place a strong second.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:27 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,000,032 times
What is it that Cruz said that can be interpreted as wrong? NYC is fundamentally liberal. The politicians go on and on about how their city is liberal. Bloomberg and Guliani couidnt get elected without being liberal republicans. Trump has only recently played the part of a right wing guy who touts the Bible. Cruz called him out on that and correctly stated that not a lot of conservatives come out of NYC and all Trump could do was cite the NYC born but Connneticut raided William Buckley and invoke 9/11 for emotional affect.
I think Cruz is just being used as a punching bag for insulting NYC. Of course it's ok to insult middle America but NYC, no that's too far. Please.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:29 AM

119 posts, read 110,663 times
Trump will not win the general election. It's downright embarrassing that so many Americans are flocking to the rallies of this carnival barker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Yea its not likes hes leading in the polls or anything like that . He will win every primary except for maybe Iowa which he will place a strong second.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:34 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,188,733 times
As someone who lived for 50 plus years in the NYC area right across the river in NJ I was insulted by Cruz' NY value comments!

Most native NY-ers and some transplants there imo:

NY-ers ARE REAL!

NY-ers would give the shirt off their backs to help someone in real need.

NY-ers are Direct, Straight and Blunt and one knows where they stand without pretentiousness.

NY-ers are the kindest, helpful and give you the time of day people there are.

I'm a Trump supporter and if Mr. Trump wasn't running for POTUS Cruz would be my next choice.

Cruz shouldn't have referenced NY the way he did and instead should put closure to his citizenship issue before talking the way he did about NY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: